Do We Continue Being Fans?

More food for the fire!

Quick someone start a thread!

Jones, Adesanya, Ngannou. All champions. Other great champs like BJ, Fedor and Silva also took relatively little brain damage until they started fighting way after their skills diminished.

That's the thing, their careers ain't over yet. Also sparring. And JJ had quiet many fights he took some shots.

Agreed, an inordinate amount of bad behavior in MMA and the idea that I'm in any supporting the way the UFC financially rapes it fighters is hard to swallow. I love the sport though and I've been into it since UFC 1

That's the thing, their careers ain't over yet. Also sparring. And JJ had quiet many fights he took some shots.

Of course JJ took some shots, it's just that he took fewer of them than some lesser fighters. Most champs take less damage simply because they are usually better than their opponents and mostly win, they also presumably take less damage sparring as they are usually so much better than their sparring partners.

Exceptions being fighters who rely a lot on their toughness and chin to overcome other disadvantages. People like Nog and Liddell for example.

Well to be honest I love the sport so it's hard for me completely give up checking out the biggest fights.

That being said I definitely will never spend another dime on anything UFC related and it definitely is because I don't ethically support anything they do as a business even before this happened.

Of course JJ took some shots, it's just that he took fewer of them than some lesser fighters. Most champs take less damage simply because they are usually better than their opponents and mostly win, they also presumably take less damage sparring as they are usually so much better than their sparring partners.

Exceptions being fighters who rely a lot on their toughness and chin to overcome other disadvantages. People like Nog and Liddell for example.

Jon had like 25 fights 90% vs the best fighters on the earth in his division. He took some bombs. And sparring vs Overeem and whoever else he sparred. You're underestimating the damage. Lesser fighters sometimes quit their careers quick. Also weight categories. Lhws have a lot of power.

He said it himself he shouldn't drink any alcohol anymore cause of head trauma it triggers him. Plus the stress also is part of the reason he drank smoked and did other substances. Then the roids. Pressure of it all. Also injuries. Injured his knee graplling Reem. Tore his toe vs Chael. And injuries we didn't hear about. Everyone gets caught in sparring too. You aren't just born perfect and dominating.

It's fighting bro.

But he didn't get it the worst, def not.

Even just shins colliding hurts as hell.

Jon had like 25 fights 90% vs the best fighters on the earth in his division. He took some bombs. And sparring vs Overeem and whoever else he sparred. You're underestimating the damage. Lesser fighters sometimes quit their careers quick. Also weight categories. Lhws have a lot of power.

He said it himself he shouldn't drink any alcohol anymore cause of head trauma it triggers him. Plus the stress also is part of the reason he drank smoked and did other substances. Then the roids. Pressure of it all. Also injuries. Injured his knee graplling Reem. Tore his toe vs Chael. And injuries we didn't hear about. Everyone gets caught in sparring too. You aren't just born perfect and dominating.

It's fighting bro.

But he didn't get it the worst, def not.

Even just shins colliding hurts as hell.

Oh I don't disagree with you that he took a lot of damage. Just saying that other fighters with long careers who were even one level less successful (Shogun, Rampage, DC, Liddell) took even *more* damage.

Sometimes lesser fighters quit earlier, but it's usually because they already took so much damage their body cannot handle it anymore. And to add insult to injury, if they retire early they often retire poor and can't afford the best medical treatment for what could be lifelong acquired conditions at that point.

Just bleed!!

The world is a dark place, don't read about Epstein or anything. Ignorance is bliss.

Just enjoy what ya can, without being a hedonistic degenerate.

Respectfully, Is anyone torn about being MMA fans? I'm pro-equality so the Dana White return slap wouldn't be so bad if he didn't follow it up with a combo.

Now there's this Phil Baroni mess.

War Machine was rough too, but he was a stand-out problem.

Another fighter who took LSD and tore his friend's heart out, literally. Forget his name.

The older I get the more I believe in karma. Maybe being a fan is negative karma. I still want to watch and no judgement to anyone who does. Is anyone else sitting on the fence?

I don't mean to upset anyone.

This is a serious issue. Please no jokes and no drama.

whats the lsd mortal kombat story wtf?

Respectfully, Is anyone torn about being MMA fans? I'm pro-equality so the Dana White return slap wouldn't be so bad if he didn't follow it up with a combo.

Now there's this Phil Baroni mess.

War Machine was rough too, but he was a stand-out problem.

Another fighter who took LSD and tore his friend's heart out, literally. Forget his name.

The older I get the more I believe in karma. Maybe being a fan is negative karma. I still want to watch and no judgement to anyone who does. Is anyone else sitting on the fence?

I don't mean to upset anyone.

This is a serious issue. Please no jokes and no drama.
Umm, you didn't cause those fools to be bad guys, so karma has nothing to do with it.

Zero concerns along these lines. Aside from that getting involved in combat sports was one of the greatest things that ever happened to me, mentally and physically.

Then again I almost became a musician. Have you seen what those MF's get up to? So I may be just a bad apple.

I don’t know about you all but I’m canceling my subscription to UFC Power Magazine.

Is Math best base for money?

i mean money are numbers, numbers are math, so being good at math will make you better with money

Interestingly enough, everyone I know that's good at math are financially secure. The dumb people with zero math live check to check. There is some correlation.

Interestingly enough, everyone I know that's good at math are financially secure. The dumb people with zero math live check to check. There is some correlation.

There is the argument that people who are good with numbers will save more because your account balance is also a number, resulting in more satisfaction compared someone who doesn't care or think about numbers. Yes, I'm broke.

Back