Opinion Do you agree with the other party/side on any issue ?

Oris79

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm a two time Trump voter but I am pro-choice, I support a free Palestinian state and view Israel's occupation as illegal and a war crime. I also think Universal Health care is economically conservative as everyone would have to pay in, and that it's more efficient compared to our current 'for-profit' model which seen insurance companies and hospitals putting money before patient care.

What about you ?

I'm a two time Trump voter but I am pro-choice, I support a free Palestinian state and view Israel's occupation as illegal and a war crime. I also think Universal Health care is economically conservative as everyone would have to pay in, and that it's more efficient compared to our current 'for-profit' model which seen insurance companies and hospitals putting money before patient care.

What about you ?

I agree with the left on national Healthcare and a lot of labor and and union issues.

I used to be a liberal. Cultural issues and the first and second ammendment are what flipped me but I still tend to agree with them about most things , it's just that the things I don't agree with them on are things I don't want to compromise on in the slightest

Most Republicans agree with most Democratic policy if they don't know who supports it.

As for me, it's kind of hard to answer the question because the GOP didn't put out a platform in 2020. If you look at the party's official site, they say this:

Our platform is centered on stimulating economic growth for all Americans, protecting constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms, ensuring the integrity of our elections, and maintaining our national security. We are working to preserve America's greatness for our children and grandchildren.

I agree with protecting our constitutionally guaranteed freedoms (but not hyphenating an adverb ending in "ly"), ensuring the integrity of our elections, maintaining our national security, and preserving America's greatness for our children (but, to quote Jack Handy, not our children's children because I don't think children should be having sex). Stimulating growth is not what we need at this time, though.

Seriously, to get here, I'd like to see some explanation of actual policies the GOP supports.

I agree with the left on national Healthcare and a lot of labor and and union issues.

I used to be a liberal. Cultural issues and the first and second ammendment are what flipped me but I still tend to agree with them about most things , it's just that the things I don't agree with them on are things I don't want to compromise on in the slightest

Yikes, that's kind of pathetic, no?

What's wrong with "I'm a liberal, and I agree with other liberals who oppose gun restrictions"? Nothing wrong with thinking for yourself.

When it comes to actually being able to govern the GOP is a joke.

If this was true all the time, why did the country decide to hand over the presidency to Republicans in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004, and 2016 ? It's clear that the Dems are far from perfect in governing the nation as well.

What's wrong with "I'm a liberal, and I agree with other liberals who oppose gun restrictions"? Nothing wrong with thinking for yourself.

No it's not pathetic I've changed , they have changed . I was just trying to answer his question shortly ....if you want me to write you a novel about why I'm no longer feeling like a liberal jack I will do that for you just ask.

The dude literally is thinking for himself and you're trying to make him think he's not because he isn't conforming to the left. Again, stop gaslighting people.

If this was true all the time, why did the country decide to hand over the presidency to Republicans in 1980, 1984, 1988, 2000, 2004, and 2016 ? It's clear that the Dems are far from perfect in governing the nation as well.
If we are looking at long term impacts of Regan Bush Sr, W, and Trump a very good case can be made that those were massive mistakes. SR probably being the one with the least impact on the nation.

Only drones will agree with everything a party is doing imo. When it comes to actually being able to govern the GOP is a joke.

More interesting question might be what people disagree with about the party they usually vote for. The 2020 Democratic platform is kind of dated, as it talks about getting out of the recession and past COVID and stuff. I disagree strongly with rent control (mentioned in the platform), student-loan forgiveness, the focus on reducing money in politics (no strong opinions about it, but it's a minor issue that they make a big deal of), protectionism (kind of supporters and opponents in both parties, but I think Republicans are still a little more likely to support free trade). I'm not totally sold on the proposed MW hikes, though I'm kind of moderate on that. Locally, we have a lot of NIMBYs on the left, and I think that is devastatingly bad. Kind of interacts with excessive environmental review stuff.

Reactions: LMP
If we are looking at long term impacts of Regan Bush Sr, W, and Trump a very good case can be made that those were massive mistakes.

You seem like a party cheer leader because Obama, Clinton, and Biden have been called "mistakes" by the hard right who can't be objective in their opinions.

No it's not pathetic I've changed , they have changed . I was just trying to answer his question shortly ....if you want me to write you a novel about why I'm no longer feeling like a liberal jack I will do that for you just ask.

Well, the question was something different. I'm just saying that you're a grown man, and it's kind of pathetic to let yourself get manipulated like that.

The dude literally is thinking for himself and you're trying to make him think he's not because he isn't conforming to the left. Again, stop gaslighting people.

But he's not. He's letting other people change his philosophy for him. There you go again with the "gaslighting" stuff. Reminds me of Mr. Burns and sideburns:

This is where I stand for the most part as well. I was a Liberal and Dem voter through the 90s, 2000, and 2010s. But like many folks, I start to notice this ominous, noxious shift from the left, especially in terms of Free Speech, and undermining so many Core values of what it is to be an American. (eg: meritocracy, accountability, personal responsibility etc).

unfortunately, the GOP offers little solution or a suitable alternative.

Well, the question was something different. I'm just saying that you're a grown man, and it's kind of pathetic to let yourself get manipulated like that.

But he's not. He's letting other people change his philosophy for him. There you go again with the "gaslighting" stuff. Reminds me of Mr. Burns and sideburns:

Prove that he let other people change his philosophy for him. I'll wait.

Prove that he let other people change his philosophy for him. I'll wait.

He said it himself. "I used to be a liberal. Cultural issues and the first and second ammendment are what flipped me but I still tend to agree with them about most things , it's just that the things I don't agree with them on are things I don't want to compromise on in the slightest."

He said it himself. "I used to be a liberal. Cultural issues and the first and second ammendment are what flipped me but I still tend to agree with them about most things , it's just that the things I don't agree with them on are things I don't want to compromise on in the slightest."

Where are the other people that changed his philosophy for him?

He's literally talking about himself and his thoughts when it comes to the world. Where are these other people at?

Where are the other people that changed his philosophy for him?

He's literally talking about himself and his thoughts when it comes to the world. Where are these other people at?

If you can't read, I don't really know how to help you. Also, you're crying on his behalf more than he is himself. :)

Back