Do you care about your siblings' financial stability?

This is something other people don't get. I don't want to run a fucking business. My pops still keeps sending me Jack Ma quotes. When my family's current predicament was because of him.

Yeah, while I appreciated the opportunity that they offered me I knew that I'd have hated it. Yes, it paid very well but I already had a job that I was comfortable with & that I enjoyed so I chose to stick with it.

Not really. My siblings are all selfish pricks. Giving them money would be the equivalent of taking a Zippo and lighting 100 dollar bills on fire.

My sister is doing very well. In the span of 5 years, her family has moved twice, each time to a bigger house. Covid screwed her and her husband's business, but they've since recovered. Now they are putting a cabana and swimming pool in their backyard so I'm not worried.

My older sister isn't doin so good financially and it greatly bothers me. Having a 7 year old niece living in the same environment makes it much worse. I send her money often to help ease her situation. The pandemic shutdown bankrupted her business permanently and she's on the verge of losing her home. She lives in California where living expenses are super expensive. I don't want her and my niece having to move to some ghetto apartment, so I've been helping her cover her mortgage. Her husband also lost his job because of the shutdown.
Yes, because as the financially stable one, that places a burden on me. I'd rather not deal with it. But you can't choose your family. Same thing goes with my mother. My father is the only one who I don't have to take care of financially.

Not really

Sister worth millions.
Dipshit brother lives in gov subsidised housing.

Same start to life.
Yeah, it's not your problem. The burden obviously falls on your sister. Count yourself lucky.

Not one iota. My sister has been a dumpster fire her whole life and the current economy doesn't effect her at all. She just keeps whoring her way through life with one sucker after another while piling up a crowd of brats along the way. She's an embarrassment to the whole family and now that our parents are both gone, the rest of the family has pretty much cut all ties with her.

Siblings? NO. I did let my mom move into my house when she came back from Louisiana. No sense her trying to find a place at Northeast rent prices. Figured it was time to help her like she helped me growing up.

I do care, but my siblings are doing fine. My older brother is married and probably never plans on having kids. Both have good jobs. My brother use to invest like crazy back in the days and is a huge reason why I am as fiscally responsible as I am today. He is probably the most well off. My younger sister does ok salary wise, but makes the less of the all the siblings. She is a medical coder. Her husband just graduated from college in electrical and computer engineering. I think he is working now doing IT stuff. They have been living for free at one of my parents home in Hawaii for at least 5 years even though my parents could easily rent it out for $3200-3500/month. My sister has like no bills. I don't even know if she is even paying utilities. We are all fortunate to have pretty well off parents. I'll admit that they like to randomly send me money all the time that pretty much covers day care and private school costs for our kids, although we could easily afford it without their help.

Fuck no. One dumbass brother went and fucked his life up himself against my sage advice and another one on my rich cunt parents teet for life cause disabled. I got my own problems.

No.
Both older Brother & sister married & got more cheddar than me.
Bishes.

Doesn’t matter though, cause I could beat both of their asses in the ring. They know it too; been duckin me past Family Festivus’s.

tumblr_mwe3nj6vlJ1swh3svo1_500.gif

Last edited:
Not really. I've found that those you helped don't remember it and treat you like shit anyways.

Reactions: Zer
yes ofcourse. it is because we are family

Yes BUT I feel your own kids should come before and even a good spouse.

Siblings can be great but dont undermine good kids for siblings

Both my brothers are doing well, and I do care about both of them as we’ve always been close.

I honestly don’t foresee me ever needing to do so as my sis and her husband are pretty well off and both have stable careers. Now would my sister help me if I needed it? Maaaybe. I have a good job and do well, but you never know. I think her husband would be a prick about it.

Reactions: Zer
Not really. Haven’t a clue. I know one brother moved his family in with my parents for a couple years, but other than that, we don’t know each other’s financial business.

Of course I care about it, but I'm not worried about it.

My older sister is a loans manager for one of the major banks here in Canada, her husband is a supervisor for corrections Canada. They're doing great.

Younger sister has a masters degree in psychology, and runs her own counseling office/business. Her husband is a ticketed journeyman mechanic with a good paying stable job. They're doing awesome.

My little brother is a ticketed journeyman plumber. His wife is working at a college full time in some kind of administrative role, and attending classes part time. On top of that, they live basically rent free in the basement suite of my Step Mom and Dad's house.

So, yes I care about all 3 of them and how they're doing, but they're doing better than fine.

My older sister isn't doin so good financially and it greatly bothers me. Having a 7 year old niece living in the same environment makes it much worse. I send her money often to help ease her situation. The pandemic shutdown bankrupted her business permanently and she's on the verge of losing her home. She lives in California where living expenses are super expensive. I don't want her and my niece having to move to some ghetto apartment, so I've been helping her cover her mortgage. Her husband also lost his job because of the shutdown.

Of course lol. They're family brah, I help everyone in my family out if I can in any way they need.

Last edited:

Retadin checking in.

You're a good man and in a tough spot. In addition to helping financially, what else can you do? Are they taking the right steps to improve their situation?

Family comes first. Simple rule to live by. Without family, you ain't got shit. Ain't nobody in my family gonna have shit, because they are my family. Once you lose that connection, dark paths follow. I'll go broke supporting family and die happily knowing I did all I could.

There are lines of course. I'm not letting a crack addict take advantage of me even if they're my sister, but I will pay for their rehab if they need it.
That's a load of bullshit. You only say that because you have a good family. There are plenty of people who live happy lives and don't even talk to their family. You can build your own family with friends, girlfriend/wife, having kids etc..

Back