Do you ever think about dying?

How I feel about death is this quote that's been attributed to Mark Twain.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

Sometimes. I just don't want it to be a slow drawn out thing. Either in my sleep or in a quick violent way. I always tell people if I found out I had a terminal disease that I would continually go for the record in a long distance jump on motorcycle until that or the disease got me. Fuck just sitting there a suffering slow death. I'm ready when it comes. It's inevitable why stress about something you have no control over. I also don't want to be in the position of relying on people to take care of me at an old age.

I wish he could have been around when my step-dad held my mother's hand as she passed away after having a recurring brain tumour that had to be removed the size of a tennis ball.
She was really religious, he wasn't around at all when we found out that she was going to die.
You saying this is elitist if you think he's there for people but wasn't for my family.

Who said he wasn't there for your family? He doesn't stop death but guarantees what happens after.

The fallen state of the world resulted in the cancer.

Every time you feel sleepy, you have to wonder if your heart is getting enough blood everywhere it's needed, if your lungs are getting enough air.

Who said he wasn't there for your family? He doesn't stop death but guarantees what happens after.

The fallen state of the world resulted in the cancer.
Well he clearly hates me. I was diagnosed with breast cancer and couldn't fly to be with my mum during her last few days because I needed part of my breast removed.

Your Jesus isn't a very nice person.

Last edited:
I don't know why but lately I've been obsessing about death. But not in a good way. The thoughts give me major anxiety and depression. Like I'll be trying to go to sleep and suddenly my brain will just come up with a random thought like "damn I'm 30 so I'm almost halfway done with my life. Where has the time gone? I don't wanna die". And then it will just spiral from there and ill start thinking about what it means to die, is there an after life, does life have any meaning to begin with, etc.

It's not good boys. Ole Gracious Warrior has a serious case of death anxiety.

Do you guys ever think about death? How does it make you feel?
you’re only 30 so you have a good while to go. I’ll be 48 in a few months…close to half way through the back nine.

All the time. Dying doesn't really worry me as such. My concern is being reincarnated as something that's gonna get torn apart by African Wild Dogs. I'd rather just cease to exist.

I wish he could have been around when my step-dad held my mother's hand as she passed away after having a recurring brain tumour that had to be removed the size of a tennis ball.
She was really religious, he wasn't around at all when we found out that she was going to die.
You saying this is elitist if you think he's there for people but wasn't for my family.

i think he means after death.

that your mother’s soul was welcomed into Jesus’ kingdom with open loving arms after her worldly suffering was over.

It’s a comforting thought.

I don't know why but lately I've been obsessing about death. But not in a good way. The thoughts give me major anxiety and depression. Like I'll be trying to go to sleep and suddenly my brain will just come up with a random thought like "damn I'm 30 so I'm almost halfway done with my life. Where has the time gone? I don't wanna die". And then it will just spiral from there and ill start thinking about what it means to die, is there an after life, does life have any meaning to begin with, etc.

It's not good boys. Ole Gracious Warrior has a serious case of death anxiety.

Do you guys ever think about death? How does it make you feel?

LOL sounds like you are having a midlife crisis at 30.

How I feel about death is this quote that's been attributed to Mark Twain.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

This is it. I can relate to every post in this thread, but when one reflects objectively (and not emotionally), the truth is we have been 'dead'/not alive for the vast majority of time, and will inevitably resume such service in due course. It sounds harrowing but it isn't. It's nothing. Literally nothing, that is. It isn't great, it isn't good, and it isn't bad.

If you want to be really reflective. Death is actually the ultimate tranquility, the ultimate peace. Which is why they say "Rest in peace".

Of course I hope for an even better result; heaven. This concept raises alot of questions, we'll not get into that tonight kids.

I was on a pretty good streak of not obsessing over it for long stretches of anxiety.

I was.

Thanks.

Dick.

i think he means after death.

that your mother’s soul was welcomed into Jesus’ kingdom with open loving arms after her worldly suffering was over.

It’s a comforting thought.
No. It isn't. She didn't want to leave us for him.
My cancer, I had 2 scares before and didn't tell her till I got the all clear. She made me promise I told her if it ever happened againI would tell her. She was so far gone with her brain cancer I couldn't tell her.
What sort of higher power puts a daughter losing her mother about to go through cancer surgery?

Back