Do you like Korean BBQ?

Filipinos are very social....they like to see what everyone else is doing. I was kind of curious if Koreans are more private. maybe that resto was an anomaly...but I liked it.

Korean bbq places are usually open, with chair seats.
The ones with the private rooms are usually older,traditional spots and i think they usually have galbi, or bulgogi,and not samgyeopsal.
Koreans are really social and often eat in big groups. I think the rooms are usually for big parties and groups not really for privacy

Hard to tell what is real and what is just marketed towards a foreign clientele. I guess you have to go to Korea to find authenticity....maybe even then you won't find it...haha. Doesn't really matter, as long as it tastes good and isn't over-priced. We paid less than $10 for our lunch and I drank a few beers....good service too. It was Korean staff.
Dear lord, i need to go to the pi!

Dear lord, i need to go to the pi!
I've never paid more than p500 ($10) here for a meal in any resto....that's two adults and a child, beers and tip included. In a carendaria, I can feed myself well for $2. There's a reason many of us live in the 3rd world.....well, other than the ladies ;)

I've never paid more than p500 ($10) here for a meal in any resto....that's two adults and a child, beers and tip included. In a carendaria, I can feed myself well for $2. There's a reason many of us live in the 3rd world.....well, other than the ladies ;)
You can already have all-you-can-eat buffet for that $10

All you can eat Korean BBQ is GOAT food, rivaled only by Brazilian BBQ.

Rather have American BBQ but I’m spoiled I live in KC area and we have a bunch of great places to go each trying to out do the others. Some places are motherfukin gourmet. Real Burnt EndsBrisket, Ribs, Pulled Pork, smoked chicken, smoked sausag.

korean bbq is overrated. its just meat. the side dishes are weird as fuck. its popular with koreans though thats for sure

If I was home, yeah. But going out? No. If I'm paying those prices, they cook it for me. This shit is a gimmick. Those places just don't want to/can't hire enough cooks a normal restaurant would have, so they fall back on that gimmick.

and "cheap" korean BBQ means you are ingesting the worst possible food. I wouldn't be surprised if they lied about the raw ingredients feeding you fake beef or whatnot.

If I was home, yeah. But going out? No. If I'm paying those prices, they cook it for me. This shit is a gimmick. Those places just don't want to/can't hire enough cooks a normal restaurant would have, so they fall back on that gimmick.

and "cheap" korean BBQ means you are ingesting the worst possible food. I wouldn't be surprised if they lied about the raw ingredients feeding you fake beef or whatnot.

Funny how I've never had bad service in a Korean bbq place yet I've had multiple bad experiences at Western style restaurants. And I'm expected to fucking tip.

It's not a gimmick, it's your ignorance doing the talking. That's how the restaurants are in Korea and not just limited to bbq joints. Quite a few different restaurants besides bbq will bring out a big bowl or plate, put it on some heat and everyone takes their portion from that. Eating food is a much more social and group experience for Koreans than it is in the Western world. You share everything on the table with everyone for nearly every single meal.

If you can't tell the difference between "fake" beef and real beef, stick to baby food.

Funny how I've never had bad service in a Korean bbq place yet I've had multiple bad experiences at Western style restaurants. And I'm expected to fucking tip.

It's not a gimmick, it's your ignorance doing the talking. That's how the restaurants are in Korea and not just limited to bbq joints. Quite a few different restaurants besides bbq will bring out a big bowl or plate, put it on some heat and everyone takes their portion from that. Eating food is a much more social and group experience for Koreans than it is in the Western world. You share everything on the table with everyone for nearly every single meal.

If you can't tell the difference between "fake" beef and real beef, stick to baby food.

Okay, so when you order and get nothing but horrible ingredients, what should you do? Blame yourself because of your pallet? Please. You're going to get charged anyway if they serve it to you. Stick to baby food? You can't try a place and realize it's garbage and blame yourself. You just realize it's a garbage restaurant. You only find out its bad after you get your food.

I've only had expensive or disgusting experiences at Korean BBQ places. Plus you're there for hours. It is a gimmick because no one eats that way in the western culture. Its not practical here, but you get to play "Korea" when you go to one of those places. That's a gimmick. Now if it was in Korea, then it wouldn't be a gimmick because it's in their culture to do that. Bringing it to America to share with people to act like they're in Korea is a gimmick.

Go ahead and sit on your high horse and think your experiencing something from a far away land, when they're just taking you on a ride, so you pay extra to cook yourself, stay there an extra hour and a half, and risk getting shit food just so you can play "Eastern Culture".

Okay, so when you order and get nothing but horrible ingredients, what should you do? Blame yourself because of your pallet? Please. You're going to get charged anyway if they serve it to you. Stick to baby food? You can't try a place and realize it's garbage and blame yourself. You just realize it's a garbage restaurant. You only find out its bad after you get your food.

I've only had expensive or disgusting experiences at Korean BBQ places. Plus you're there for hours. It is a gimmick because no one eats that way in the western culture. Its not practical here, but you get to play "Korea" when you go to one of those places. That's a gimmick. Now if it was in Korea, then it wouldn't be a gimmick because it's in their culture to do that. Bringing it to America to share with people to act like they're in Korea is a gimmick.

Go ahead and sit on your high horse and think your experiencing something from a far away land, when they're just taking you on a ride, so you pay extra to cook yourself, stay there an extra hour and a half, and risk getting shit food just so you can play "Eastern Culture".
Who knew KBBQ was such a divisive meal? I've never met a guy get so salty over grilled meats. lol

Don't really understand the shit food comment. That can go for any restaurant.

And western folk do sit for hours eating a meal. Ever have a tasting menu?

Who knew KBBQ was such a divisive meal? I've never met a guy get so salty over grilled meats. lol

Don't really understand the shit food comment. That can go for any restaurant.

And western folk do sit for hours eating a meal. Ever have a tasting menu?
Salty is explaining why you don't enjoy something? Are there only 2 emotions allowed for korean BBQ? Pleased or Salty?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back