Do you own your home?

Primary home is worth about $800k, purchased at $475k in 2017, have about $325k left on the loan. No longer putting a dime over PITI since interest rate is so low. Single family home 4b3b 2700 sq ft

Rental home is worth about $450k, purchased for $180 back in late 2008 when the market started dropping. Started renting back in 2014. Owe $70k on the loan. Only 2 renters since and not one payment missed and just 1 month of not having a renter. Considering selling and using the profits to invest instead, but the taxes will suck ass. Single family home 3b2.5b 1500 sq ft

Both are in Northern California.

Just built new, 1 hour east of the mountains, 1700 sq ft farm house, no mortgage, on 1/4 section.

Sorry for your loss, man. And having to deal with that is adding insult to injury, IMHO. I get pretty grossed out when I see people trying to take advantage in such circumstances.
Thanks, man. I appreciate it.

If so where do you live, what year did you buy, how big is your house and how much land do you own?

I bought my house in 2012 for about $90,000. It's worth about $140,000 now. Three-bedroom, 2 bath, garage, 1300 sq feet. Sits on 1 acre. Huge backyard. It's slightly above average interior. Needs a little work on the siding.

I have three girls and a wife so I'm honestly thinking about upgrading to a bigger place. My buddy is selling his home, 2200 Sq feet sits on a couple of acres, for about 250k.

I'm still undecided tho because I enjoy the low payment and will have it paid off in less than 10 years. I pull in about 100k a year. My wife makes about 35k, so we do alright especially given our cost of living (North east Oklahoma).

What are you guys and gals living in? What are your thoughts on owning a house?

Got mine in 2015 for about $350k. Semi-attached 3 Bedroom, 1 full bath, 1 half bath, 1 3/4 bath with a driveway and a yard. City estimates put it at over half a million now, but you can't really go by that because so much of that number is based on Cuomo's massive property tax hikes over the past 5 years.

It's realistically worth about $470k if I complete my bathroom, roof, deck and basement renovations (these will cost about $12k combined). If the current inflation rate continues and Biden wins the next election I may abandon those projects and just sell it for $10 million in 2023.

What are your thoughts on owning a house?

It's the greatest thing ever, and I never thought I would make it that far. I always pictured myself in a 1 br apartment or condo. At one point after I bought it I ran around the house hammering random nails in the walls and hanging off the door frames, cause its mine and I can do that without some landlord yelling at me now.

The downside is of course fixing all the broken shit. I wasted shitloads of money on bum repairs before finding out about home warranties (and even then I had to practically uncover the secrets of the lost ark trying to find one that serviced my area). But being a lifelong New Yorker its really amazing. I used to go out and not be sure where I'd end up sleeping at night, just because of the way subways and distance work in this city. Now I've got my own base of operations and I can experience whatever I want in the city and still end up in a warm king size bed at the end of the night. It's difficult to describe unless you've lived it.

I made a thread laughing at dead vaccinated people cause liberals in the WR always make threads laughing at dead unvaccinated people.

When they do it its ok. When I do it its ADVOCATING VIOLENCE.
is this your second time dubbed this year?

It's the greatest thing ever, and I never thought I would make it that far. I always pictured myself in a 1 br apartment or condo. At one point after I bought it I ran around the house hammering random nails in the walls and hanging off the door frames, cause its mine and I can do that without some landlord yelling at me now.

The downside is of course fixing all the broken shit. I wasted shitloads of money on bum repairs before finding out about home warranties (and even then I had to practically uncover the secrets of the lost ark trying to find one that serviced my area). But being a lifelong New Yorker its really amazing. I used to go out and not be sure where I'd end up sleeping at night, just because of the way subways and distance work in this city. Now I've got my own base of operations and I can experience whatever I want in the city and still end up in a warm king size bed at the end of the night. It's difficult to describe unless you've lived it.
but is staten island really nyc tho

is this your second time dubbed this year?

I had a temp ban at one point. I have never once been punished for anything outside the WR.

And its funny how I always seem to magically 'break the rules' after destroying the same squads of liberals in an argument, but whatever.

but is staten island really nyc tho

Pre-9/11 I would've said no, but the fact is all of NYC isn't quite NYC anymore.

One thing I noticed about SI is that the people here don't really mind getting shit on by the rest of the population just so long as it means they don't come here.

Anyway I live right next to the Verrazano so I'm still in civilized city territory.

There's my cope speech.

Why sell it? Use the equity in the property as a deposit to purchase your next property than redraw the hell out of it, use the redrawn money to pay down where you plan to live and leave the property you're renting with the most debt so to claim the interest.
Obviously every country has its own taxation rules but why have 1 property when you can have two. It's a sad fact that money generates money and it's up to you to ensure your future generations do it easier than you have

Bought my house 2 years ago. 4 bed room. 2 bath room, nice and secluded from the street. Currently looking at also buying a property out near my parents farm that's 210 acres. To potentially build a house on that one.

we refi'd our house this year.. initially bought for about 800k... a couple houses in our subdivision sold recently at 1.9 and 2.1 mil

Sorry for your loss, man. And having to deal with that is adding insult to injury, IMHO. I get pretty grossed out when I see people trying to take advantage in such circumstances.

Ya I have a brother doing something similar. My sister has been taking care of our mom for years now. He contributes money every now and then but it's obvious to anyone that actually living with her is the real work. When my sister tried to get power of attorney he told my sister to get her lawyer to draft up papers so that he gets control of all my moms assets. Like wtf is wrong with you? If anything my sister should get it all and if she wants to give us something at the end then she can. I sure as hell wont be asking for anything and could care less what they do with it.

I never got fighting over dead people's shit. If you want it that bad, take the fucking thing, but know forever after that you suck for making an issue of it in the first place.
I feel pretty much the same way.

I feel pretty much the same way.
We buried my mother with her diamond ring--we're not well to do people--and my father with is Montreal Canadians shirt--again, not super well to do lol--with nary a complaint. 7 kids and no one fighting over who should get either. I was almost proud of my siblings for a change.

Most people in here who say they own their home do not. The bank owns it. If you think otherwise, miss a few mortgage payments and get back to me.

we refi'd our house this year.. initially bought for about 800k... a couple houses in our subdivision sold recently at 1.9 and 2.1 mil
The numbers would be different although the ratios would be the same more or less had we bought just 4 years ago or so. Wacky shit. I am kicking myself so hard for not seeing it coming.

Back