Do You See A Happy Ending For Tony Ferguson?

The guy seems to have some mental issues at the very least. Not sure what will happen when he doesn't have MMA in life to focus a lot of his time on. Who knows where he'll end up but it sure seems the odds are high after his days of MMA he will find his way onto MMA news sites for all the wrong reasons.

Tony is the type of guy to have dozens of knockdown, brutal, all out wars during a career in fighting (so much so that all the fans write him off & predict a dark ending for him) but then he retires, experiences no major complications from CTE & becomes a megasuccessful televangelist or shopping channel host.

So yeah I see a happy ending
<rawsun> Tony bless

i've been saying since the last press conference he had with khabib that the man is clearly mentally ill and shit will not end well for him.

he's been cynically used by the company and i will be quite surprised if he doesn't do some crazy shit when his fighting career is over.

the man has schizophrenia and bipolar disorder... and he's made a career out of getting punched in the head a lot, he's taken an ungodly amount of punishment. CTE on top of his issues? it could work out if he was a genuinely nice, approachable guy where those around him will make sure he's taken care of - but he's known to be a massive douchebag. yeah, this isn't ending well.
Yup, he's likely gunna end up like this guy:
chris-benoit-crippler-crossface.gif

I feel so sorry for his family. The anger and frustration from the pile of losses coupled with his still delusional overconfidence in himself ("#champshitonly") will lead to a very bad mental episode once he realizes how far he has actually fell, and he'll go trying to kill people he percieves caused it and are out to get him, which could include his wife and kid on that particular day. Schizophrenia and emotional mental illnesses are absolutely no joke, especially with feelings of frustration and regret mixed in.

Jim Miller
Clay Guida
Mark O Madsen
Nate Diaz

Take Tony out of high rank fights. Match him up against the LW boomers.

Yes... I think Tony vs Nate, even at this point in their careers would be a very fun fight,,, On the Feet,,, On the Matt,,, Scrambles,,, spinny shit... Yes yes yes. Let em eat and go at it @ 170.

It means nothing in the rankings... But means something to the fans..... That's really all either guy can deliver anymore.

But Nate needs a fight now... & Tony NEEDS to recover... So sadly I think this is a fantasy fight.

The guy seems to have some mental issues at the very least. Not sure what will happen when he doesn't have MMA in life to focus a lot of his time on. Who knows where he'll end up but it sure seems the odds are high after his days of MMA he will find his way onto MMA news sites for all the wrong reasons.
Seems to be going down the BJ Penn road... just a bit more severe - BJ Still managed to put up an act in public at least.

Tony's already self-destructing in public. Dangerous red flag

do you see him retiring victorious after a win and riding off into the sunset or being forced out after suffering devastating KO losses like Chuck Liddell? or even just on a massive losing streak like BJ Penn with some out of sport troubles sprinkled in? <{chips}>

no matter how many times I see into Tony's future, I just don't see a happy ending for him

thinking-doctor-strange.gif

I think it'll get ugly<FutbolThink>

From some of the stuff you hear about his outside the ring behavior.. I see jail time.

dude might be the most mentally unwell fighter ive seen lately outside of felons....ever since he tripped over that cable dude either lost his mind or somehow got cursed by a cable spirit lol. He's always been an odd guy and he appears to have crossed that threshold into paranoia....that said this hasnt been the first time a fighter lost after a huge win streak and immediately fell off, lest we forget Renan Barao and to a lesser extent Rory Macdonald (not so much a huge win streak being broken as Lawler took his soul home with him to fuck when he get bored lol)

It depends on which massage parlour. I once hobbled my limping ass into one when I suffered from sciatica and found out that I was in the wrong place. This ugly old lady who spoke no English pretty much DEMANDED to finish me off. It was ludicrous arguing with her with both of us speaking two diff languages. And I could barely move so I wasn't even able to push her off and get dressed again. She was NOT going to let me get off without that happy ending.

Long story short, that old lady had the hand technique down pat! If you closed your eyes there was literally no way to tell that wasn't a nice tight ladypart. And I mean a NICE, tight ladypart. It was actually mind blowing. She won the argument that day. But I won the day.

I do think of that old, haggard lady with the magic hands from time to time. I like to know we're under the same stars and that somewhere out there she might remember me too. Sigh.....
What was her reaction the next day when you came back with chocolates and roses?

Likely a rough future for him.
He was a great fighter that should have got a title shot and had a chance to be the champ. So he will most likely continue to fight well past his prime and incur more damage.

I think Tony is going to struggle with retirement, I think he has some sort of personality disorder, if he has to manage or hold down a job where he needs to work with others he's going to have an extremely difficult time. I hope he's managed to be smart with his finances but I doubt it he has.

It depends on which massage parlour. I once hobbled my limping ass into one when I suffered from sciatica and found out that I was in the wrong place. This ugly old lady who spoke no English pretty much DEMANDED to finish me off. It was ludicrous arguing with her with both of us speaking two diff languages. And I could barely move so I wasn't even able to push her off and get dressed again. She was NOT going to let me get off without that happy ending.

Long story short, that old lady had the hand technique down pat! If you closed your eyes there was literally no way to tell that wasn't a nice tight ladypart. And I mean a NICE, tight ladypart. It was actually mind blowing. She won the argument that day. But I won the day.

I do think of that old, haggard lady with the magic hands from time to time. I like to know we're under the same stars and that somewhere out there she might remember me too. Sigh.....
Were you able to submit the receipt for coverage on your health benefits?

Most important thing for guys like Tony and BJ is to stay active in some way other than getting hit in the head.

He's doing TUF with Khabib, no? Mega payday swansong for Tony. Happy ever after.

Who knows what's going on with him. Remember he had that mental breakdown a few years back where his wife had to file a restraining order against him briefly. Since then he's gone 1-4, including two brutal beatdowns by Gaethje and Chandler. The guy already suffers from some type of mental illness, what happens when he gets to the point where he can't fight anymore and perhaps has the compounding effects of CTE? Kinda scary.

I see him serving me a cold beer and wonton chicken tacos at Applebee's in about 3 years. Then tripping over the carpet on his way back to behind the bar because he always has to have sunglasses on indoors. I'd also leave him a shitty tip.

Anyone who has listened to his recent interviews who have been pleasantly surprised at how lucid his thinking is and how mentally stable he is. He's great to hear him enjoying the company of others, being less reclusive, and open to ideas from others.

I'm absolutely delighted for him

Back