Do you think the Covid pandemic was exaggerated?

Do you think the Covid pandemic was exaggerated?

• Total voters
Data that can be made available for public viewing yet is kept from public viewing is data that is "hidden" from the public. Derp..............

It was such a dumb response, it wasn't even worth responding to.

Yes.

COVID is a strange disease, in that it can be very mild (I was sicker from the vaccines than COVID), or it can be lethal. I do think a serious response which focused on vulnerable groups was warranted. The response in Australia went too far, and many of the decisions made were based on faulty information.

Yes.

COVID is a strange disease, in that it can be very mild (I was sicker from the vaccines than COVID), or it can be lethal. I do think a serious response which focused on vulnerable groups was warranted. The response in Australia went too far, and many of the decisions made were based on faulty information.

Yeah we certainly overreacted, I guess they thought it was going to be a lot more deadly initially. But especially in my state of Victoria they kept the restrictions up far too long, well after we knew it was basically old people and unwell people that might die.

I already detailed why that 'study' isn't reliable - it's based on a Facebook survey.
This red-herring of a topic, like others, illustrates the potential for endless exchanges fueled by little more than confirmation-bias. The fundamental bias -- the one that is responsible for wrong opinions about most pandemic science -- is caused by MSM and social-media filtering of information. So, I would claim that immunity to this bias is the starting point for a program of rational hesitancy. I was active early on in C19 modeling (March 2020) and became connected with top modelers from other countries. We all agreed that the mainstream narrative was so wrong that it could not possibly be by accident.

This red-herring of a topic, like others, illustrates the potential for endless exchanges fueled by little more than confirmation-bias. The fundamental bias -- the one that is responsible for wrong opinions about most pandemic science -- is caused by MSM and social-media filtering of information. So, I would claim that immunity to this bias is the starting point for a program of rational hesitancy. I was active early on in C19 modeling (March 2020) and became connected with top modelers from other countries. We all agreed that the mainstream narrative was so wrong that it could not possibly be by accident.
You sound like a Facebook conspiracy theorist...kidding of course but that is what you will be called. Possibly even a racist (seems that is the response for anything the left does not like)

Some people in this thread are, to my surprise, not seeing the massive reporting bias (i.e. manufacturing consent) created by mainstream media. Their bias ensures that mandates and vaccines are shown only in a positive light, and aggressively censors negative data and outcomes. The MSM (and social media) will also immediately cancel anyone who expresses a counter-narrative position. Perhaps the world's most credentialed epidemiologist, John Ioannidis, was cancelled by MSM in March 2020 for suggesting we are overreacting. As others in this thread have correctly noted, if you look directly at raw data (before it passes through the MSM polarizer), you get a very bleak picture of lockdown harms and vaccine failure/injuries.

Had we treated C19 like any prior respiratory virus, we would all be much better off.
"Had we treated C19 like any prior respiratory virus, we would all be much better off."
Or at worst like a pandemic based on what scientists have learned up to the time of C19. What does that look like? Quarantine the very sick and most vulnerable (very old, co-morbidities etc...). Let the children and working age population go about their life (see Sweden for example). I think your way is better than what i'm talking about here. Anything worse than what I laid out should've rang alarm bells that something was amiss.

Yeah we certainly overreacted, I guess they thought it was going to be a lot more deadly initially. But especially in my state of Victoria they kept the restrictions up far too long, well after we knew it was basically old people and unwell people that might die.
In QLD we were pitying you all. Up here our Premier shut the state down over 5 cases, but at least it was short term.

You sound like a Facebook conspiracy theorist...kidding of course but that is what you will be called. Possibly even a racist (seems that is the response for anything the left does not like)
I can't imagine I'd ever call somebody a "conspiracy theorist" for expressing a plausible counter-narrative opinion. Let's imagine somebody claimed that increasing cloud cover due to water vapor accumulation will provide a negative feedback to inhibit predicted global warming. This is a plausible but (in my opinion) unlikely scenario. Calling it a "conspiracy theory" would be an admission that there is no clear scientific rebuttal.

Back