Does Adesanya have to beat Poatan 4 times now?

Different sport entirely

afkgaming%2Fimport%2Fmedia%2Fimages%2F64144-5f5d9b481fe5863c196d3441322ab983.jpeg

0_Untitled.jpg

I think he just wants to beat him. I dont think it matters to fight him for the rest of his career to prove a point.

Gotcha, so kickboxing, bjj, wrestling, etc never takes place in the cage. lmao

Those martial arts are in MMA, but the sports aren't. Sports are defined by their rules and the rules for the competitive forms of those martial arts are very different, than the rules for MMA. Not to mention that the participants in those sports are largely different, the organisations are different, etc.

Also pure wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, BJJ are also significantly different in several aspects, than MMA wrestling, MMA boxing, MMA kickboxing and MMA BJJ, largely because of the different rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: HHJ
if Izzy had won this fight,which he almost did,Izzy's haters would just say "O yea? well in kickboxing Poatan would kick your ass"

If Izzy beats Alex, there shouldn't be an immediate rematch. Izzy is getting one since he was a long reigning champ. Alex isn't a long reigning champ.

They could do another match down the line, but the next move should just be to let the division move again and have someone else get a TS. And Alex can then prove he can actually hang against elite MMA fighters that aren't ideal stylistic match ups for him.
Totally agree. I don't want to see an immediate 3rd fight if there is one. Give them some time to further evolve and improve, which would make the last fight all the more interesting and exciting.

Reactions: HHJ
"Different Sport."

"Not MMA."

Um, it was fighting.

Pereira fought Izzy three times, won every time.

If UFC matches them three more times, and Izzy wins every time, then it will be tied at 3 apeice.

Then we'll need the rubber match, like TS said.

Maybe Izzy will try some ground work, but I don't think Izzy will ever have a top-level ground game, and Poatan probably already has a mid-level ground game, so ground work may not determine the outcome.

Pereira doesn't need to improve his striking to beat Adesanya. Neither fighter is likely to achieve world class grappling or BJJ or wrestling skills. Both will train ground work and striking. The fights were all pretty close. If either fighter has an advantage, it seems to be Pereira's ability to end the fight in late rounds.

My guess is that the 4th fight will be competitive. Just like the first three.

no, he might get a close decision and then UFC will match Poatan with some freak wrestler just so he never gets a title shot again, its how it usually goes. These rematches r so fucking boring these days, i woulda loved to see Poatan fight like 5 different fighters more than Izzy or Edwards fighting a bunch of other dudes rather than Usman again, shit is pretty cringe and way overdone these days.

It isn't. It's possible to be a very successful MMA fighter with zero kickboxing ability at all.
While you are absolutely right, Adesanya is pretty much the worst example here. The man is basically a kickboxer with TDD. Just like Alex.
Maybe we see more grappling in the rematch.

With these two particular fighters the fights might look similar, but they are still very different sports.

Who knows what the rematch will look like? Adesanya had some success wrestling Pereira, which in turn changes the striking dynamic.

It will likely be a competitive fight(like all the others), but Adesanya certainly doesn't need to win 4 MMA fights in a row to win the series.

Pereira won the kickboxing series 2-0(although the first decision was questionable)

Pereira is up 1-0 in the MMA series(although he was a minute away from losing a clear decision)

If Adesanya wins in decisive fashion, the series is tied 1-1, and Adesanya has the momentum.
I agree with most of your take, except that Izzy's success in the grappling changed the striking dynamics of the rematch. The control time Izzy had came from Alex's own failed TD.

I want Izzy to win, but I don't think he took enough time to make the adjustments I think he needs to make. I hope I'm wrong.

Beating him just once would be a start {<pa}
You're an Izzy hater too
:eek:

This changes things.

Last edited:
Different sport entirely

Its still a form of fighting, they fought under 2 rulesets and both had same result - a knockout win for Perreira.

IMO - izzy is too calculated fighter for Alex. You calculate wrong once, you getting KOed, doesnt matter wich round it is. Guy to beat Alex gonna have to be a bit chaotic IMO, agressive, scrappy, just dont stand and calculate cause if you aint Archimedes you getting rekt.

Damn this weed makes me smart! :D

I agree with most of your take, except that Izzy's success in the grappling changed the striking dynamics of the rematch. The control time Izzy had came from Alex's own failed TD.

why is everyone forgetting that Poatan also took down Izzy with a clean blast double front he open with no setup?

why is everyone forgetting that Poatan also took down Izzy with a clean blast double front he open with no setup?
Probably because he didn't do anything with it and it was at the end of the round.

Semi-serious question, more like, does it really put a stamp on the rivalry if Izzy wins a decision in his 4th fight with Poatan?

If Izzy wins he will duck Alex and maybe even retire before face Alex again. Unless the UFC forces him to. Izzy has basically hinted at this that he was winning all previous fights until he got caught and that "when" he wins this 4th fight it will end the debate. Izzy is seriously that delusional and not humble at all
Poatan by viscous KO 1st round is the best outcome. For both sides.

I agree. Hoping Izzy goes for a takedown due to losing on the feet and gets kneed into oblivion.

If Izzy wins he will duck Alex and maybe even retire before face Alex again. U.
Thats the smart thing to do honestly.

He should do that.

hey bro you followin me around? Sorry I dont call you a cab to my mansion.

It’d be interesting to see the reaction if Izzy subbed Alex. Would he be praised for evolving his game or called a bitch for not keeping it standing

Thats the smart thing to do honestly.

He should do that.

hey bro you followin me around? Sorry I dont call you a cab to my mansion.

Not following.

Yeah deep down Izzy knows Alex is a threat and better but his forefront conscious wont allow him to say that.

I think a 3rd fight for them in MMA would of been possible had Izzy won a decision last fight. Then the UFC may have forced a rematch down the line and if Alex won then a rubber match. However, Izzy did all he could and still got Tkod. Thus if Alex wins again there will be no 3rd fight. If Izzy wins a 3rd fight in the future makes sense but Izzy will duck it.

Back