Does anybody else think GTA IV sucked?

Safe? GTA SA is the best game soundtrack ever, and the gold standard of any game. The variety and quality have not been topped.

Rockstar dropped some cash to pull those songs, and it paid off.

I never said it wasn't. Rockstar didn't bother with the indie music yet at that time, they went with the tried and true hits. That's what I meant by safe.

I never said it wasn't. Rockstar didn't bother with the indie music yet at that time, they went with the tried and true hits. That's what I meant by safe.
Safe? GTA SA is the best game soundtrack ever, and the gold standard of any game. The variety and quality have not been topped.

Rockstar dropped some cash to pull those songs, and it paid off.

I was disappointed in GTA V's sound track there were a few good stations, but most of it was crap. They didn't even have a metal station. How the hell are you not going to include a metal station in an open world game where you can rampage like that?

Anybody who can’t drive in GTA IV can’t drive a real car.

I liked the physics even though the cars were floaty. I could swing donuts around other players without crashing or hitting anyone forever.

The Lost and the Damned had a great soundtrack iirc.

SR4 went too far into the absurd.

I don't think that was it's problem, as SR 2 and 3 were both ridiculous. The problem with SR4 was in it's design. They gave you superpowers like 2 hours into the game, which made all of the progressive stats meaningless. Not to mention giving you the ability to fly around the city, made other modes of transportation pointless. Cars, planes, helicopters...all pointless. It was like playing the game with cheat codes on, which made the whole experience feel stale after a short while.

I don't think that was it's problem, as SR 2 and 3 were both ridiculous. The problem with SR4 was in it's design. They gave you superpowers like 2 hours into the game, which made all of the progressive stats meaningless. Not to mention giving you the ability to fly around the city, made other modes of transportation pointless. Cars, planes, helicopters...all pointless. It was like playing the game with cheat codes on, which made the whole experience feel stale after a short while.

Not to mention that every enemy encounter was a case of a supreme lack of complexity in the ai simply being masked by quantity of enemies.

Nope

GTA IV was far better than V

V was made for bandwagon jumpers - awful arcadish driving mechanics, skippable missions, pathetic online system where you get booted for blowing people up

online system was far better

I was playing IV a few months ago, driving mechanics are so much better.

Nope

V was made for bandwagon jumpers - awful arcadish driving mechanics, skippable missions, pathetic online system where you get booted for blowing people up

I liked how people reacted to gunshots, reacted to any activity in many ways, how the cops weren't terminators, and how there was a melee system.

Nope

I was playing IV a few months ago, driving mechanics are so much better.

You are so wrong it's painful to read.

You are so wrong it's painful to read.

I didn't get the band wagon jumpers part? Imo GTA IV is the one GTA that feels different than all of the rest. Besides the top down veiw GTA's of coarse.

Last edited:
The map and radio stations were the weakest of the 3D GTA games, imo. Gun combat felt great coming from SA, but GTA isn't just a cover shooter, it's a whole ultra violent, satirical package.

I didn't get the band wagon jumpers part? I've GTA IV is the one GTA that feels different than all of the rest. Besides the top down veiw GTA's of coarse.

I think he's just talking shit. GTA IV was by far the biggest departure for the series as you already mentioned above. I loved them all though, I love GTA IV. But it in no capacity is a better game than GTA V.

GTA V is the magnum opus of the series. Best story, biggest world, best graphics, best online, etc.

I didn't get the band wagon jumpers part? Imo GTA IV is the one GTA that feels different than all of the rest. Besides the top down veiw GTA's of coarse.
easy mission
bad sport
auto aim lobbys (at least iv had plenty of free aim lobby

I think he's just talking shit. GTA IV was by far the biggest departure for the series as you already mentioned above. I loved them all though, I love GTA IV. But it in no capacity is a better game than GTA V.

GTA V is the magnum opus of the series. Best story, biggest world, best graphics, best online, etc.

Best story? Really? Three main characters, and 30 missions less than IV, which had one main character. I had serious problems with V's characters not being fleshed out at all. All three protagonists needed maybe 5-7 more solo missions a piece. Franklin in the hood, Trevor in the sticks, and Michael in the movie industry. You could feel the cut story content.

Best story? Really? Three main characters, and 30 missions less than IV, which had one main character. I had serious problems with V's characters not being fleshed out at all. All three protagonists needed maybe 5-7 more solo missions a piece. Franklin in the hood, Trevor in the sticks, and Michael in the movie industry. You could feel the cut story content.

I don't think the length of the story determines it's quality, and I think they made it shorter because you can replay the story heists three different ways, from three different perspectives. Not to mention the extra 6+ heists online that are as good as anything in the single player (new Doomsday one just came out).

GTA V is the only GTA story I've beat three times. I only went through GTA IV again because I bought it on PC.

I think GTA V has the best GTA world, but I'll concede GTA IV has the best GTA city.

I don't think the length of the story determines it's quality, and I think they made it shorter because you can replay the story heists three different ways, from three different perspectives. Not to mention the extra 6+ heists online that are as good as anything in the single player (new Doomsday one just came out).

GTA V is the only GTA story I've beat three times. I only went through GTA IV again because I bought it on PC.

From the standpoint that a campaign is different than a story, I could see you putting GTA V over GTA IV. The overall campaign of GTA V is stronger than GTA VI. Much better mission variety, that takes full advantage of all of it's gameplay features, which were also deeper than GTA IV. It's natural to feel that it was a meatier package, and offered more replay value for just how diverse it was.

As far as story goes though, I think GTA IV's was much tighter. Nico's story was far more focused, and you really got attached to him, and all of the characters surrounding him. With GTA V, it felt like you start the game, do each characters' initial missions to get acquainted with them....blah, blah, blah...heists...blah, blah, blah...Trevor/Micheal history...blah, blah, blah...who cares about Franklin?...blah, blah, blah...take out some corrupt FBI guys. The end.

There were parts of GTA V's story I really liked, but as a whole, I don't think it came together all that well, and felt disjointed to a point where it becomes white noise.

My biggest beef with the game was that the cops were far too aggressive. In the previous games, you could kill 3 or 4 people before they'd even take notice. In GTAIV, they're all over you the second you punch someone in the face.

Perhaps that's more realistic, but it killed some of the fun factor for me.

My biggest beef with the game was that the cops were far too aggressive. In the previous games, you could kill 3 or 4 people before they'd even take notice. In GTAIV, they're all over you the second you punch someone in the face.

Perhaps that's more realistic, but it killed some of the fun factor for me.

Can't remember how aggressive they were in the PS2 games, but I think they were the most aggressive in GTAV. Not to mention that getting even a 1 star rating off you, took an absurd amount of time in GTAV. That's the first thing I noticed about that game. Just how long it took to get rid of the wanted stars. I also thought they killed you way too fast. You couldn't really rampage in GTAV for too long on foot, which was kind of annoying.

They're aggressive in GTAIV, but not to an irritating degree, like GTAV.

Back