Does anyone else thinks Nate the Great Marquardt would be champ today in his prime

he looked like an absolute world beater at times and completely mediocre other times. He also got popped juiced to the gills a few times iirc

No. I don't think he had the mental game.

After he TKO'd T-Wood in Strikeforce, Saffiedine kicks the living shit out of his legs for 5 rounds and he didn't change up his gameplan.

No.

He struggled against big grapplers at MW. Sonnen, Okami.

Weidman, Jacare, and Romero would be terrible matches for him.

Nope, being good but not great in all areas isn't enough anymore. F.e. Rory's a newer "jack of all trades" type, but he can outstrike 9/10 WW's and outgrapple 9/10.

Talent wise yes, he can outperform anyone with his abilities.

Consistency, probably not.

170 I think he would be champ and don't really see why he couldn't at 185

untitled.png

giphy.gif

bN9FCh6.gif

Tekken Combo Marquardt could absolutely be champion.
He KO'd both the current champion and current #1 contender at 170.

He's been fighting professionally for 18 years people. Give him a break.
Damn right brotha

What is it with the highly religious "respectful" fighers and always getting popped for PEDs? Does Jesus tell them it's okay to cheat or something?

Prime Nate beats Bisping. So if he was the lucky man to get that fight then yeah. Prime Lee Murray would beat Bisping too. Prime Franklin as well.

People forget how shitty he looked against Tyron until the chosen one gassed in his first championship round ever.

With or without USADA? I really like the guy by the way, it's awesome that he can still win fights in the UFC despite his mileage and without the juice, but he wasn't the champ in his chemically enhanced prime and I don't think dropping in weight would be enough to change that.

muscfit_aug09cover.jpg

nate-mardquart.jpg

170 I think he would be champ and don't really see why he couldn't at 185
He lost to a lesser version of Thales Leites when he was smack dead in his prime.He was a product of a middleweight division that had no deprh.

giphy.gif

bN9FCh6.gif

Tekken Combo Marquardt could absolutely be champion.
He KO'd both the current champion and current #1 contender at 170.

He's been fighting professionally for 18 years people. Give him a break.

this. lots of smug retards in this thread

Back