Does anyone seriously like Jamie Kennedy?

D

Drake

JamieKennedy2013.jpg

I watched his documentary "Heckler" last night. I'm not asking the question as a hater, but it just seems like he gets an absolute insane amount of hate. Maybe seems isn't the right word...he does. I for one don't mind him. Possibly because the only movies of his i've seen are Heckler & Malibu's Most Wanted. MMW, i'll admit was not that good & I only watched it because Nick Swardson is one of my faves. It wasn't the worst movie i've ever seen either though. Sure, I hated his character but he can play that kind of person pretty well. Has he just chosen to do projects that get him hatred? A lot of his stuff gets low reviews(at least what I researched last night). In Heckler you can really see his sensitivity but he was pretty funny in it. His comebacks against the hecklers were pretty good too. I don't know, I just want to understand & see what you all think of him. He doesn't seem like a bad dude. Just a little to sensitive & it seems to late to recover his career.

I guess he can't be doing to bad since he landed this piece of ass :icon_lol:

jamie_kennedy240.jpg

heckler-nerd.jpg

Anyways, Heckler was a good watch & i'd definitely reccomend it to fans of comedy & people who don't dislike Jamie Kennedy...:wink:

So what do you say?

Bro this thread is like a decade too late

Kicking it Old School was an alright movie.

I'm not really a fan. Heckler was really good though. The only thing I hate worse than terrible comedians are hecklers. They are "that guy." I love watching them get destroyed.

And that scene where he asks the guy if he's ever been to E3 and the guy denies it. Then Kennedy says, "Yeah, you have. You live at E3." That shit was hilarious.

He is alright in my book. I liked Heckler.

Was Heckler the one where they showed Uwe Boll knock out the critics in a boxing ring? Or maybe i watched that separately. Anyways, i liked Heckler. I always thought comedians could take criticism/heckling in stride better than most, y'know since they're usually pretty self deprecating. I guess words get to everyone though.

That's why i was never impressed with that one clip of George Carlin handling hecklers by raging at them. Even though everyone thinks it was total pwnage for some reason.

Is there an un-serious way to like him?

His E3 incident was embarrassing. I completely lost respect for him after that. That and the Son of the Mask movie.

Fuck hecklers none the less.

I remember some reality show where he was talking to Coco and it looked like Ice T wanted to kick his ass

Dug him in the Scream series. That's about it.

I think the documentary distinguishes poorly between people are up front and purposely rude and those that are just not satisfied as paying customers. The doctor scene is perfect when the doc says "Jim Carry, hard shoes to fill." Well the Doc is on point here and I have to agree with him. Then Kennedy says smugly "Everyone's a critic."

What the fuck are we supposed to do Jaimie? Sit there and applaud and buy everything you fucking do without giving out input about it as customers? I understand the beef people have with real hecklers, but when paying customers aren't doing it to be a dick but solely because they are unsatisfied, that's not their fault. You're an entertainer and guess what, many people aren't going to find you as entertaining as you might think you are.

As for Carrot Top, I felt bad for him too. He did become the brunt of jokes for a long time in the same way Taylor Swift is soon becoming and what Nickleback has already become in the social world.

he was great in scream

i liked his show a lot, it was really stupid but it had funny moments. i usually dont like those types of shows but when watching it i felt he knew how stupid the crap was. same with mmw

Don't care for him. Who gets more more hate, Jamie or Carrot Top?

Never been a fan.

Yowzers, he has not aged well.

Made it about ten minutes into that Malibu movie before I turned it off. And I watched The Spirit.

Twice.

Back