• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Does Cormier have the cardio to outpace Jones over 5 rounds.

He keeps pace with Cain motherfuckin Velasquez in training lol. He'll be ok

Jones has a slightly higher output of strikes, tds and has better accuracy too (and thats with a few more 5 rounders in his bag in which its tougher to maintain a high pace).

On paper this fight is very evenly matched, you got two guys who has outwrestled everyone they met, manhandled everyone in the clinch ect. So it should be a grueling war. Jones already had one of those in his career and i think it will favour him. I dont think Cormier is the warrior Jones is, Cormier tends to take the easy route in every fight (esp his fight with Mir comes to mind).

Yes, but he used it as if it were a separate outcome than his two examples of outcomes, which were Cormier 3-Jones 2, or Cormier 2-Jones 3.

I don't think he understands that SD isn't a separate outcome than those, it would either occur or not occur with either of those two listed outcomes. It isn't a 3rd possible outcome in addition to those two.

Don't think so much.

Jones has a slightly higher output of strikes, tds and has better accuracy too (and thats with a few more 5 rounders in his bag in which its tougher to maintain a high pace).

On paper this fight is very evenly matched, you got two guys who has outwrestled everyone they met, manhandled everyone in the clinch ect. So it should be a grueling war. Jones already had one of those in his career and i think it will favour him. I dont think Cormier is the warrior Jones is, Cormier tends to take the easy route in every fight (esp his fight with Mir comes to mind).

You mean the fight where mir outweighed him by 20 lbs and still got muscled around. Let's see Jon fight someone 20 lbs heavier and see if he's a warrior too.

I'm not trying to give you a hard time, just saying you can't really compare hw to lhw fights. Two completly different beasts.

You mean the fight where mir outweighed him by 20 lbs and still got muscled around. Let's see Jon fight someone 20 lbs heavier and see if he's a warrior too.

0.gif

go rewatch MIR vs Cormier, i think you would find your answer there

both of them gassed 3 min into the fight

This was DC going into the 5th round with Barnett.
Bonus%204.gif

Slam%205.gif

I think JJ and DC will tire each other out.

Good question.

But like some have said, he just needs to win 3-5 rounds and he'll be champ

good question, i kind of doubt it, but im not really sure what will happen in this fight, so im interested to see

Predicting a SD is an idiotic thing to do.

A UD can be controversial. A fight doesn't need to be a Split Decision to be controversial. Predicting that a fight is going to be a SD is ridiculous. It's almost as bad as predicting a DQ finish, or a TKO(Injury).

How can predicting a SD be so idiotic. Statistically speaking you see way more SD then DQ's and Injuries so hush hush on that one.

In a fight like this it's perfectly safe to predict one, say jones wins 2, DC wins 2, leaves them the last round for grabs, both perform very well, one judge gives the last one to jones, the other the last one to DC, leaving the last judge to split the decision. I fail to understand how this can be so Idiotic....

I think the real question is can Jones' toes stand up to 5 rounds of TDD at this point.

You want an idiotic prediction: Cormier rd3 (fighter retires from dislocated toe)

cormier has to cut 30 pounds in 9 weeks. thats worrying.

jones had one of the most grueling fights ever and was still the one coming forward throwing the entire fifth round. i dont see cardio ever being a factor for him

for the record, predicting SDs isnt dumb, youre predicting that itll be so close that 3 judges wont all pick the same guy. if most of the rounds are 50/50, a SD can be expected

I was just wondering if he will use a Cain V type strategy to put
the pressure on jones and swarm and overwhelm him like
Cain vs JDS II & III.

I think DC could pull it off... but Im not yet sold DC = CV. I think
CV would maul Jones.. not sure if DC can do that.

My prediction is he will attempt a Cain style attack, but it wont be
easy on jones. Jones will be very elusive and hard to grab and
DC's cardio will not be the same level as Cain's.
Eventually I see jones going for a ride and DC grinding out a win.
I fist called tko but i'm changing my call to DC via UD

for the record, predicting SDs isnt dumb, youre predicting that itll be so close that 3 judges wont all pick the same guy. if most of the rounds are 50/50, a SD can be expected

Yes exactly, people are just retarded, this can easily be a SD with the level of talent in the cage.

I was just wondering if he will use a Cain V type strategy to put
the pressure on jones and swarm and overwhelm him like
Cain vs JDS II & III.

I think DC could pull it off... but Im not yet sold DC = CV. I think
CV would maul Jones.. not sure if DC can do that.

My prediction is he will attempt a Cain style attack, but it wont be
easy on jones. Jones will be very elusive and hard to grab and
DC's cardio will not be the same level as Cain's.
Eventually I see jones going for a ride and DC grinding out a win.
I fist called tko but i'm changing my call to DC via UD

Yea I'm with you on that one. I don't think DC = CV, Cain would destroy Jones, DC we will to see what he is really capable of.

Back