Does Jiri have glass legs or is Pereira the hardest leg kicker ever?

What the fuck was that from Jiri? He got hurt badly with every leg kick pereira landed and it looked like he was 2 leg kicks way from being TKO'D. Come on Jiri train your ability to withstand leg kicks, this was embarassing.

So Alex landed 4 hard leg kicks in the 2nd minute of R1:
3:58
3:52
3:24
3:16

The first 2 kicks made Jiri spin around. The 3rd kick had Jiri momentarily limping. Same with the 4th. At that point, less than 2 minutes into the fight, Jiri's left calf was compromised.

Alex timed them perfectly. Contrary to what Joe and DC said, Alex does turn his hip. But it's the combo of timing, accuracy, and a heavy leg with a conditioned shin that really hurt.

Calf damage is very hard to ignore. It's painful and your nerve shuts down from the damage. It's not like head shots. Some guys have a granite chin and can take sustained damage. While you can condition your upper thigh, the calf just doesn't have enough muscle / tissue to condition it. Or at least I've never heard of anyone doing it. And the nerve is vulnerable.

He is literally the hardest leg kicker ever.

Insane power. You rarely ever see even boxers be able to generate such power with such a short punch. About the only guy I've seen do that in MMA was Ngannou (against Cain).
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Craziest check left in MMA. Gifs are @KazDibiase of course.

The first 2 kicks made Jiri spin around. The 3rd kick had Jiri momentarily limping. Same with the 4th. At that point, less than 2 minutes into the fight, Jiri's left calf was compromised.

Alex timed them perfectly. Contrary to what Joe and DC said, Alex does turn his hip. But it's the combo of timing, accuracy, and a heavy leg with a conditioned shin that really hurt.

Calf damage is very hard to ignore. It's painful and your nerve shuts down from the damage. It's not like head shots. Some guys have a granite chin and can take sustained damage. While you can condition your upper thigh, the calf just doesn't have enough muscle / tissue to condition it. Or at least I've never heard of anyone doing it. And the nerve is vulnerable.
I was watching the fight with my father to show him Alex. He was a full contact kempo/Shotokan guy in the 80s, after the second calf kick Alex landed he mentioned a couple of guys from his old gym that used calf kicks and everyone hated going up against them. Funny that such an efficient technique fell by the wayside for so long.

Last edited:
What is weird is that Jiri was a Muay Thai National Champion in Czech Republic.

I didn't realise that. I like his general attitude and seeing him fight but he looked poor last night. He was asking for that counter, continually fighting with his hands way down like that. He's probably too far into his career to fix that now

Nothing weird about that. He became UFC champion as a striker. No less would have been expected of his credentials

This was a really bad clinch entry from Jiri. The low kick damage might have been the thing that made him lose focus and rush through things.

Reactions: HHJ
What the fuck was that from Jiri? He got hurt badly with every leg kick pereira landed and it looked like he was 2 leg kicks way from being TKO'D. Come on Jiri train your ability to withstand leg kicks, this was embarassing.

Also Ankalaev is the real champ, he beat Jan, the draw was BS.

Jiri looked fine and you were swayed by the commentators as usual making out every leg kick is a fight finishing move

Reactions: HHJ
This was a really bad clinch entry from Jiri. The low kick damage might have been the thing that made him lose focus and rush through things.
I dont know what caused it. He was setting his shit up all fight,and this particular punch was just super reckless. He made a mistake and Poatan caught him.

Reactions: CPH
He didnt know his opponent at all.Was oblivious to everything Pereira does very well.Leg kicks left hook.Terrible

He didnt know his opponent at all.Was oblivious to everything Pereira does very well.Leg kicks left hook.Terrible
He wasnt oblivious.

His style is his style,thats what brought him to the dance. He leans heavy on his leg and he has to come forward to make his game work. He had Poatan constantly backing up. Was Poatan oblivious??

Jiri had good success when he had him against the cage. So he has to eat kicks to work his game. Shit Sandwitch boyyyy.

I hope they make ankalaev vs Pereira next so Ank gets his belt that was stolen from him.
Yeah, no. Ankalaev doesn’t deserve a title shot off a DQ loss. With a win over Walker he can get a shot. Jiri needs to fight Rakić since they have bad blood. Rakić also took Smith out with leg kicks within a few minutes though, so Jiri will have to game plan even more for that.

He wasnt oblivious.

His style is his style,thats what brought him to the dance. He leans heavy on his leg and he has to come forward to make his game work. He had Poatan constantly backing up. Was Poatan oblivious??

Jiri had good success when he had him against the cage. So he has to eat kicks to work his game. Shit Sandwitch boyyyy.[/QUOTE

So he went in not knowing he would get fucked up with his style with a well know hard leg kicker Not even trying to change some things.And hands down against somebody with a lethal left hook.Yeah brilliant lol

Bro, we kick trees for fun in Thailand

It was a hobby growing up. My favorite is kicking chair legs and breaking them.

Pereira is a world champion kickboxer. His leg kicks are like chopping into something with a blunt axe.

Fucking hate people who never train and mock professional fighters. "Glass Legs"

Bro, forget Alex... I would cripple you with 1 leg kick... especially if you've never trained.

Most people have no idea how much correct summation of forces (timing) adds to force production.

How can that little guy drive a golf ball further than you with such a smooth swing?

How could Bruce Lee pack anything into a one in punch?

Why can one 7 year old shoot a basket but one about the same size can't get near the ring?

Why does his effortless kick pack way more impact? perfect timing/ summation of forces

Back