Does Jiri have glass legs or is Pereira the hardest leg kicker ever?

I think they just landed really really flush, especially with Jiri's stance where he's pretty much squatting.

I hope they make ankalaev vs Pereira next so Ank gets his belt that was stolen from him.
He's def the righteous owner!
260px-GAY_World_Anal_Championship_belt.jpg

He wasnt oblivious.

His style is his style,thats what brought him to the dance. He leans heavy on his leg and he has to come forward to make his game work. He had Poatan constantly backing up. Was Poatan oblivious??

Jiri had good success when he had him against the cage. So he has to eat kicks to work his game. Shit Sandwitch boyyyy.
He could have checked the kicks man, he just ate them. You are a soft hater of Poatan <45>
Jiri also could have worked into his gameplan what I thought he would do, fight southpaw the entire fight. Go look at Poatan's leg kicks landed in every fight. Always a high amount, except in the Bruno Silva fight, where the lead leg kick was neutralized, another reason it looked like a much more sloppy fight than all of Poatan's other UFC fights. Jiri had success in advancing and controlling the center, but he was eating too much damage from the opening bell for it to be sustainable, it was basically a car crash in slow motion. Jiri is a tough son of a bitch, for him to be knocked down from the leg kicks means they did more damage than he planned or anticipated they'd do, it was an underestimation or a neglect in the gameplanning phase of his camp.

He could have checked the kicks man, he just ate them. You are a soft hater of Poatan <45>
Jiri also could have worked into his gameplan what I thought he would do, fight southpaw the entire fight. Go look at Poatan's leg kicks landed in every fight. Always a high amount, except in the Bruno Silva fight, where the lead leg kick was neutralized, another reason it looked like a much more sloppy fight than all of Poatan's other UFC fights. Jiri had success in advancing and controlling the center, but he was eating too much damage from the opening bell for it to be sustainable, it was basically a car crash in slow motion. Jiri is a tough son of a bitch, for him to be knocked down from the leg kicks means they did more damage than he planned or anticipated they'd do, it was an underestimation or a neglect in the gameplanning phase of his camp.
ahahah no I dont hate Poatan at all. He's one of the most exciting fighters in the game,and a great guy. I do tease his fans who try to downplay Izzy's achievments,and of course im a huge Jiri fan,but no i dont hate Poatan at all,I just find myself trolling some of his fans sometimes hahaha. I only got to watch the fight once,im sure ill DL it this weekend and watch it again,and maybe I can see it differently.

ahahah no I dont hate Poatan at all. He's one of the most exciting fighters in the game,and a great guy. I do tease his fans who try to downplay Izzy's achievments,and of course im a huge Jiri fan,but no i dont hate Poatan at all,I just find myself trolling some of his fans sometimes hahaha. I only got to watch the fight once,im sure ill DL it this weekend and watch it again,and maybe I can see it differently.
There are Poatan fans from Glory and Izzy haters I feel, but this forum it at its best when we're all soft trolling each other. Pay attention to Jiri's leg literally changing color as the round progresses, I'm 99% sure the wincing he had in his post fight was his calf flaring up while the adrenaline died down. Guy is gonna be in a world of hurt in the morning, but hey, that's the warrior way. Live by the sword and all.
I dilike Izzy's personality, however, he was the most active of all recent champs, and while he had a fair share of stinker fights, when he was on, he was on in terms of excitement. One of those guys I just loved to hate, I suppose. Respecting the art while disliking the artist.
3-1 4eva
tlvdzfvkcmv8zzka6doo.jpg

Crazy how opening leg kicks had significant effects on both of the title fights

...MMA was always going to devolve to roshambo

Reactions: HHJ
I hope Jiri goes to Thailand to train next, I don't think it's normal to get so badly hurt with leg kicks so early in the fight. I mean come on, I know Pereira kicks are powerful, but 2 more leg kicks and Jiri would have been TKO'd by them... That's not normal for a top fighter.

OK bud.

Ank belongs nowhere near the title. Horrible draw against Jan and a blatant, undisciplined knee against Walker. Ank is an undisciplined crybaby that belongs nowhere near the UFC title.
And yet, do you see anyone beating him?

He ragdolls Pereira

Pereira is probably the hardest leg kicker in mma ever, save for Aldo. But Pereira's are dangerous across a 20 pound gap. Aldo stopped throwing them as soon as USADA/Reebok era kicked in.

Every time Izzy eats one in their fights, his concern is actually noticeable.

Insane power. You rarely ever see even boxers be able to generate such power with such a short punch. About the only guy I've seen do that in MMA was Ngannou (against Cain).
I don't think that punch is as short as people think it is. The momentum from one side of his body carried over to the other. It wasn't a 2 inch punch. The left hook punched through Jiri's chin and across his face.

For whatever reason he can generate an insane amount of torque, seemingly with no effort. The punch that stunned Jiri had maybe like a few inches of wind-up behind it, yet it rocked Jiri, a guy known for a good chin, to his boots.

Honestly he reminds me of a MMA Joe Louis.

That man's calf kick and check left hook is insane. Huge jiri fan but that cross hook combo, you could see Jiris soul almost left his body. I thought it was a weak stoppage but on replay, it was a good stoppage.

I think Jiri got hit on the button and he fell back limp. It could have gone longer but Alex in full mount is CTE waiting to happen.

Great fight. Run it back.

Back