Does your dog sleep with you in bed, under the covers?

It is! people in other countries love their pets too but in America the majority of people who own dogs have an obsession with their pets that its very strange, it might happen in other countries too but its the common thing in America, its the exception in other countries. As I said people in this thread get upset because some people point it out, sorry I dont mean to offend anybody but thats just the way it is

I think that's true. I have traveled all over Central and South America, as well as the Middle East and Africa. People in those places treat "pets" more like common livestock. I think it has to do with the fact that in America people have the luxury of giving pets more attention, and develop an entirely different understanding and bond with their pets, specifically dogs. People in the countries I mentioned honestly are more worried about subsistence issues, and view pets from that perspective.

If it's cold enough he will, but only on invitation. When camping in the winter he always get's in the sleeping bag and I don't mind a bit.

I think that's true. I have traveled all over Central and South America, as well as the Middle East and Africa. People in those places treat "pets" more like common livestock. I think it has to do with the fact that in America people have the luxury of giving pets more attention, and develop an entirely different understanding and bond with their pets, specifically dogs. People in the countries I mentioned honestly are more worried about subsistence issues, and view pets from that perspective.
Yes I agree with this.

If it's cold enough he will, but only on invitation. When camping in the winter he always get's in the sleeping bag and I don't mind a bit.

Careful: a dog fart Dutch oven could kill a man

lol, I love how polarizing this question was... Jimies were rustled ITT.

lol, I love how polarizing this question was... Jimies were rustled ITT.

Sherbros love there sherdogs. Remember how many posters were willing to drown in an attempt to save there dog from drowning?

Sherbros love there sherdogs. Remember how many posters were willing to drown in an attempt to save there dog from drowning?

Hahah, I don't... But i'd probably take the chance of drowning to save my old dog. Cause there'd be no way that fat little lady would be getting out of any body of water.

Hahah, I don't... But i'd probably take the chance of drowning to save my old dog. Cause there'd be no way that fat little lady would be getting out of any body of water.

Logically this ones all about human-to-dog ratio. I'm 5'10 and 155lb. My dogs are 40lb and 50lb lab mixes. Sorry poochies, but you're on your own

Logically this ones all about human-to-dog ratio. I'm 5'10 and 155lb. My dogs are 40lb and 50lb lab mixes. Sorry poochies, but you're on your own

lol, Human to Dog Ratio. I like it...

I sleep with a pug. He snores and likes to sleep on my neck but then i'm all like "fuck off dog"

In most non-American countries people eat their dogs once they get too old to herd cattle.

In most non-American countries people eat their dogs once they get too old to herd cattle.

All countries besides are America are by definition "non American". You're telling me that 51% of the worlds countries eat their old dogs if they can't herd any longer? This is common practice in at least 99 of the worlds 196 countries?

Seems dubious.

My dog got used to sleeping in the same space as me because we were homeless together at one point and it'd be traumatic to change it at this point, but he knows to stay near my feet. A dog that sleeps at waist level or above doesn't fully understand his place in the pecking order (ask a professional dog trainer).

follow up question to any of you sickos who said "yes": do you buy your peanut butter from Costco?

A gf and I used to have two Great Danes Hannah who was a fawn coloured female, and Pink who was male and black in colour. [his name was in reference to a Pink Floyd song.]
In the winter time we'd sometimes get the two dogs into the bed and we'd each cuddle the one we had til we'd warmed up.

Disgusting...idk when people started getting so weird about their dogs, but it’s getting out of control...

My first dog was a sweet little mut when I was a kid and just wanted to sneak under the covers when going to bed with me. I was a little kid and thought it was sweet and cute.
As an adult I let my dogs sleep on the bed but would never let them sleep under the covers.

Back