Donald Cerrone: "Cormier is the Worst Fighter Ever".

Cerrone's never crumpled from just one body shot either. Pettis landed 2 or 3 brutal body kicks. He stayed up and got blasted in the face by RDA after a body knee and body kick. DC was fortunate time was winding down in the fight.

Tbf Cerrone has fucked up guts from a vehicle accident.

I don't disagree with what you're saying overall, DC is more durable and more likely to stay the course under adversity.

I give shit about Cerone choking in the big fights, but there's a reason why people target his mid section.

Cerrone speaking the truth.

Donald needs to stfu up here. DC is better than he will ever be. Sure, the fight wasn't very exciting. But at least DC doesn't fold every time he gets a big fight.

DC had one big fight against Jon Jones and he lost so...

Some fighters/entertainer say shit for public attention.

However Cerrone seems like a genuinely uneducated, ignorant guy.

Is the likelihood of breaking your foot/toes on that kick that disproportionately higher than the likelihood you sustain damage from leg kick checks?

I'd say yes. Throwing a kick while leading with some of the smallest and most delicate bones in your body is going to increase your chances of injury.

You should also factor in the probability that a kick will land and the position in which your body will be after a strike is landed/blocked(are you able to follow up with more strikes or are you more likely to be taken down if blocked). Your shin is a harder, larger surface than your foot and you can throw it in a more general manner great success. Maybe if everyone took a Steven Segal seminar they'd all be front kicking like Anderson.

Spamming front kicks like that has it's drawbacks and its advantages. It's like guys that throw lots of spinning back fists. Devastating when then land but if you totally miss you leave yourself open to counters and getting your back taken. It has it's place, but not necessarily in every fight.

How can anyone criticize Cormier and at the same time compliment Aldo?

Aldo backed away from his opponent the entire fight and hardly even engaged.

DC got something Cerrone will never have and that's 12 pounds of gold.

Cowboy fan here but Cowboy shut your drunk ass up. DC is champion and your ass isn't. Had to move up a weight class because you choked at lightweight. And I ain't even a DC fan.

People do realize Cerrone has a win over the current Lightweight champ right?

He has a Point...

Cormier played it safe vs a guy on 2 days notice

Say what you want about cowboy choking in big fights, he always goes out to do his best and never plays it safe.

if he means the ground holding then yeah, it was brutal to watch. Anderson was out of shape, in no shape to wrestle. But he had to get the W so it's understandable.

I'd say yes. Throwing a kick while leading with some of the smallest and most delicate bones in your body is going to increase your chances of injury.

You should also factor in the probability that a kick will land and the position in which your body will be after a strike is landed/blocked(are you able to follow up with more strikes or are you more likely to be taken down if blocked). Your shin is a harder, larger surface than your foot and you can throw it in a more general manner great success. Maybe if everyone took a Steven Segal seminar they'd all be front kicking like Anderson.

Spamming front kicks like that has it's drawbacks and its advantages. It's like guys that throw lots of spinning back fists. Devastating when then land but if you totally miss you leave yourself open to counters and getting your back taken. It has it's place, but not necessarily in every fight.

original

I wasn't asking in theory. I thought you might have had an actual list of incidents of those kicks resulting in injury to the attacker or some data to compare it to injuries from other kicks being blocked. I do understand your point about the anatomy.

I don't believe anyone suggest spamming it, I agree that's not advisable. I don't expect all fighters to be able to throw it with the skill of Anderson either. I believe more fighters can work it into their game with success and it's very rarely used so I consider it underutilized. As it stands, it's low amount of use has worked for it in that it already usually isn't blocked or slips past the guard because it wasn't expected. As for it's strategical drawback it does seem to be able to be retracted faster than the more traditional roundhouse to the body in MMA.

Cerrone ain't one to talk, he did the same lnp shit vs kj noons.

Back