Donald Cerrone vs. Darren Till

Can't stand kids who beat legends. Drives me nuts. And no respect either

The UFC announcing Usman vs Meek yesterday is so frustrating considering the result here. From a marketing perspective it's not the most casual-friendly match-up, but from a sport perspective, Till vs Usman would have been the fight to make.

That there is fireworks...

A cynic might say Cowboy was paid to take a dive. He's on the downside of a career and UFC needs new people to promote.

Not to mention he is British and the UFC is going to get behind European fighters WAY harder than fighters from anywhere else.

same techinques ---southpaw wit that counter left ....left high hickick,... and that faked upppercut.. and taunting with hands during fight........
after fight says im the best in the world...

nowadays they are all copying conor style..... that is boring because everyone should have his own style ..imho
Lmao, no-one else can be a southpaw bc Conor is?

Not to mention he is British and the UFC is going to get behind European fighters WAY harder than fighters from anywhere else.

Yup. I'm not saying I believe he took a dive anyway. I already said Cerrone has always had problems with guys who were bigger and had a longer reach than him. Diaz exposed that weakness years ago. And we've all seen Cerrone has quit in him. I was just surprised how fast he turtled up and quit in this one without a punch to the liver.

I'm just saying nothing much would surprise me anymore. The UFC is more and more circus all the time.

I get what you're saying, but Usman can't decide if he wants to strike or wrestle. They don't know which version they're getting. They don't want some LNP right now. Ask WMG, lol.
Yeah, marketing-wise I understand why they wouldn't want to do it, but I love high-level striker vs grappler match-ups.
All that'd tell you is how good Tills tdd is as you know Usman goes back to his lay and pray and doesn't want to keep it standing.
There's no reason for the two of them to fight yet, keep them apart until they have some more wins.
Pretty much everyone is booked at the top of the division. I don't think it's a bad thing to test two ranked prospects against an opponent whose strength is their weakness. One gets a wake-up call and knows what he needs to work on, while the other becomes a fresh contender in a division with a bunch of old fighters in the top 5.

Yup. I'm not saying I believe he took a dive anyway. I already said Cerrone has always had problems with guys who were bigger and had a longer reach than him. Diaz exposed that weakness years ago. And we've all seen Cerrone has quit in him. I was just surprised how fast he turtled up and quit in this one without a punch to the liver.

I'm just saying nothing much would surprise me anymore. The UFC is more and more circus all the time.

it looks like a rigged fight

Uhhh... sure? That was actually a compliment in a way. I don't think Perry would tell you he's a scholar and I doubt he's banging in the park selling that loud pack, lol.

Ya because he doesn’t sell drugs, he robs drug dealers

I think Cowboy might go back down to Light Weight wherr people don't hit as hard.

He is taking to much damage in 170. in the long run.
Good point. I guess if he's going to take any more damage, it may as well be from smaller guys..but if you have to think this way, it may be time for him to hang it up.

Did you actually see the fight? Cowboy looked SIGNIFICANTLY smaller than Till. For a guy who deals terribly with pressure fighters, he shouldnt also be giving up such a big power advantage every time he fights. He'd do much better back at 155
I just get upset with Cowboy altogether. I fell like there's no way in hell a guy that new, should be finishing him in the first round, no matter how big a welterweight he is. At some point, a ton of experience and skill has to mean something. Till was bigger, but damn..a first rd finish? And you said it yourself..a guy that deals terribly with pressure fighters..That's something we shouldn't be saying about any UFC fighter. Seems like the problem is Cowboy, not the weight so much

Back