Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well another weekend is here, and I have another weekend full of work, so I’ll be living vicariously through the rest of you.

Weekend plans?

I just back from Fort Mac, got a few days down time before I head to Calgary for the week. Going to relax this weekend.

Birthday weekend with daughter- she's just turning 16. Yesterday we went shopping, played Nintendo games and had dinner at a sort of gastrobar- pork belly skewers, prawn, scollop and pancetta skewers, beef tartare and foie gras. Really amazing, one of the best meals I have had in years. Sounds lavish but actually it came to only $60 which is pretty great for fine dining for two people (although I didn't drink alcohol).

Just now more shopping and we played one of those Escape the Room things (and did terribly). Later we go and eat incredible imported steaks.

I always complain that my daughter has really expensive taste... but I am the one who introduced her to all these things. And this means that I have an extra companion for going to fancy restaurants for the rest of my life.

Had the last couple of days off work, had a nice family day out yesterday, went to a park / farm type place, kids went on some rides, saw and handled some animals and we took a pedalo out which was good fun. Today we have chilled, although I will deadlift later, tomorrow we'll probably bike ride to the woods, have a picnic etc.

I am really surprised at the low numbers for the latest UFC on Fox, or Fight night or whatever. The card was great on paper and produced as well. I felt really bad for Aubin-Mercier but fighting Hernandez really showed the holes in his game.

I heard it was a great card. I'm thinking I'll look for the videos online. I don't even know the last time I watched a UFC fight.

I janked up my knee on Thursday stepping into the shower at the gym. Nothing major but it's stiff and sore now. #gettingold

Well another weekend is here, and I have another weekend full of work, so I’ll be living vicariously through the rest of you.

Weekend plans?

It’s too bad that this is what has become of this once great pub....”what are you guys doing this weekend”.....bbq-ing, drinking, benching.....fucking sweet bros.

It’s too bad that this is what has become of this once great pub....”what are you guys doing this weekend”.....bbq-ing, drinking, benching.....fucking sweet bros.
It's more fun trolling in the war room

It’s almost the weekend bros, what’s your plans???

I’m going to do some benching. Maybe some curls and calf raises. Maybe go to bed bath and beyond...I don’t know if we’ll have enough time...

It’s almost the weekend bros, what’s your plans???

I’m going to do some benching. Maybe some curls and calf raises. Maybe go to bed bath and beyond...I don’t know if we’ll have enough time...
Might go streaking.

We've got done with orientation and introduction stuff, so tonight we're checking out Bogotá's nightlife. Not that I've been drinking ever day since I landed, but whatever. Lots of frenchies and other germans, a couple of italians, americans, brits and assorted south americans.
And the first trip of the stay is already in the making: To Medellins fiesta de las flores on the next weekend.

I plan on getting my third workout on this continent in tomorrow, the dorm gym is not half bad, but I'll have to get creative for the next couple of months.

I just got my first lifting session in after catching a naughty stomach bug that, paired with the current heat wave, left me dehydrated and feeling like shit for weeks. Now I'm watching the Super Rugby-final and I'll spend most of the weekend doing home improvement work, such as setting up the new bed.

We've got done with orientation and introduction stuff, so tonight we're checking out Bogotá's nightlife. Not that I've been drinking ever day since I landed, but whatever. Lots of frenchies and other germans, a couple of italians, americans, brits and assorted south americans.
And the first trip of the stay is already in the making: To Medellins fiesta de las flores on the next weekend.

I plan on getting my third workout on this continent in tomorrow, the dorm gym is not half bad, but I'll have to get creative for the next couple of months.

Jealous. I so so want to get back to Colombia, but it is so hard when I need to get back to Thailand to see my daughter any time I get a decent sized break. Takes me to almost literally the other side of the world from Colombia.

Jealous. I so so want to get back to Colombia, but it is so hard when I need to get back to Thailand to see my daughter any time I get a decent sized break. Takes me to almost literally the other side of the world from Colombia.

After the initial culture shock I have to say I like it quite a bit. Today we took part in a city tour while the inauguration of the new president (Duque), which meant that the downtown around Plaza Bolivar was blocked of 5 Blocks in every direction, with riot police and military everywhere. I definetly didn't want to get between those guys and the protestors.

It really is the other side of the planet, an australian at the tour told me he needed 40h to go from Melbourne to CO.

It really is the other side of the planet, an australian at the tour told me he needed 40h to go from Melbourne to CO.

There is a website that lets you see the exact other side of the world from any given point- where you would come out if you tunneled directly through the centre of the planet. The opposite of Bogota is in Indonesia, just a little South of Singapore. Thailand's point is just a little off the coast of Peru :)

The journey from Colombia to Thailand was the freakiest plane ride I ever took. it was a night flight from Bogota to Paris. Left in the evening, arrived the following evening in Paris. Then took another night flight from Paris to BKK. I think both flights were around 11 hours. So it was 24+ hours of evening and night. Took me so long to recover from that.

I heard it was a great card. I'm thinking I'll look for the videos online. I don't even know the last time I watched a UFC fight

Ended up going and watching the fights- they were great. Spent some time contemplating how long I would last in a ring with either of the 120lb ladies. I settled on about 5-10 seconds. Good thing I don't attach my value to 'manliness' or that might be slightly hard to take.

I think the last MMA fight I saw before that was Nate vs McGregor... and that was actually the first McGregor fight I had seen. Shows how out of touch I had got with MMA. But my interest level is reviving. Now I am going back and looking up some Khabib fights- another one I haven't seen and have only just become aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back