Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_m8rpmiuQTB1qhqmx8.jpg

Dan O and any other oly guys: Any recommendation on an oly bar? It will be stored in my garage that can vary from around 40 degrees to 100 degrees between seasons. Not sure if that matters.

The only one I would strongly advise against is the one Klokov put his name on. We were given one for free to test through our event hosting service.
It has received, by farrrrrrr, the least use out of all if our bars and is already seizing up not 4 months later. And the aggressive center knurl makes it useless for CJ. It'll literally draw blood.

I don't know if you can still get them but I love our pure strength bars. We've beat the shit out of them and they keep right on going.

I like my pendlay bars too but they're probably a bit harder to find now.

The Pendlay ones at my old gym were pretty legit. Seemed to stand up to the use and (mostly) abuse of a commercial gym quite well.

Than again, I don't know shit about weightlifting and have never touched another WL barbell.

It's like having expensive golf clubs. If it turns over smooth and isn't bent it's great for 90% of trainees.

You're not going to put an werksan in some 6 month novices hands and they add 20kg to their total.

I've been doing my oly lifts on a cheap Cap barbell. Feeling it's time for a Xmas gift.

The Pendlay ones at my old gym were pretty legit. Seemed to stand up to the use and (mostly) abuse of a commercial gym quite well.

Than again, I don't know shit about weightlifting and have never touched another WL barbell.

Dude, my pendlay bar is fucking legit. So glad I got that.

I've been doing my oly lifts on a cheap Cap barbell. Feeling it's time for a Xmas gift.

I have a Vulcan bushing bar that I love, they also make a oly training bearing bar that has great reviews for a little over 300 bucks, American made, free shipping.

Pendlays are garbage. The Klokov AF bar is garbage, too.

I've lifted on a Get RXd bar that I liked decently well. ~$300 for a bearing bar is a pretty good deal.

When we upgrade our bars next year, I will likely order Rogue. Pretty damn good bars, especially for the price, and great customer service.

Rogue fanclub checking in.

Speaking of Rogue, Rogue One was epic. It's not flawless but it's awesome and I urge you all to see it.

Thanks for the responses.

Woke up today and my town was basically an ice cube. Minutes later, the salt truck slides off the road and gets stuck in front of my house. I don't think I had ever seen ice that bad.

Thanks for the responses.

Woke up today and my town was basically an ice cube. Minutes later, the salt truck slides off the road and gets stuck in front of my house. I don't think I had ever seen ice that bad.

Same here, I have to work today, I think I slid half the way to the office.

Shout out to @MilkManUK for keeping this kiwi hydrated in the hot summer- Espressor Stout was head and shoulders my favourite of the lot btw.

Same here, I have to work today, I think I slid half the way to the office.

I was just out with our puppy who I still have to walk on a leash because she's a spaz. We were sliding all over the place and their were sounds of firetruck and ambulance sirens in the background the entire time. The issue here is that the temperature is right at freezing. The rain isn't coming down frozen, but the ice isn't melting either. It's water on top of ice which is ridiculous.

Pendlays are garbage. The Klokov AF bar is garbage, too.

I've lifted on a Get RXd bar that I liked decently well. ~$300 for a bearing bar is a pretty good deal.

When we upgrade our bars next year, I will likely order Rogue. Pretty damn good bars, especially for the price, and great customer service.

You're garbage. <3 u.

Btw, are you still 105 lifter?

My coach bumped me to 105+. I just weighed 116 at the AO, so I'm still barely a 105, at this point.

How's that going for you? Plan on going complete fat bastard or gonna stay a bit svelte?

How's that going for you? Plan on going complete fat bastard or gonna stay a bit svelte?
I did 161/204 in training within a few months of us deciding to move me up and just got a clean & jerk medal at the AO. I likely would have gotten a medal for total if I wasn't snatching like such an asshole.

I'm not going to get much bigger than maybe 120. I don't think I'll be competing for much longer than about 3 more years, so no need to be 130+.

Shout out to @MilkManUK for keeping this kiwi hydrated in the hot summer- Espressor Stout was head and shoulders my favourite of the lot btw.
Yeah that one's a bit special. Hadn't tried the other two though so no idea what they were like, but just went with them as they were local, as opposed to the Stout which was from Japan. Glad you enjoyed that one at least.

Yeah that one's a bit special. Hadn't tried the other two though so no idea what they were like, but just went with them as they were local, as opposed to the Stout which was from Japan. Glad you enjoyed that one at least.

Definitely enjoyed them all- but as said that was my favourite. I did wonder about whether that one was local or not, and whether it just used Japanese branding or something. Much appreciated mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back