DOW closes down 666 points today! NOW this is Trump's economy!

eh, when weird shit happens in the gov't, the economy suffers. It'll rebound by closing monday.

But it is hilarious how this one negative number is what you base "trump's economy" on.

Overton window being raised to public consciousness is going to be a net good for society I think.

But it is hilarious how this one negative number is what you base "trump's economy" on.

It's the DOW Jones Industrial Average. Pretty damn good indicator of the state of the economy.

Not a fan of Trump, but this isn't really something to get excited about. From what I've read it's mostly based on investors anticipating the fed raising interest rates based on the strong jobs report for January.

It's the DOW Jones Industrial Average. Pretty damn good indicator of the state of the economy.
Not really. The dow is always effected by outside influences. Everyone's eyes are on the white house and the momo right now.

So today, today is the day the Don gets credit for the DOW?

Ok, even with the drop -- it is still 6000 points higher than it was when he took over for Obama -- so now he gets credit for that?

Im no trump fan and i know you're a troll -- but next time dont be so myopic with it.

it's one day hahahahahha

my shares of ATVI lost like 1.92 per share, but yet they are still more than double what i purchased them for. I won't get into NVDA and what it's done

unless you invested yesterday, you're fine

This down week is actually an indicator of a strong economy when you look at why it is down relative to the job numbers unemployment and rate expectations.
Trump is not responsible for any of it though.
Not the good, not the bad. We will not see the results of the tax bill for at least a year if not 2 and there will be many more things that affect it in the meanwhile. Very few of which Trump controls. Military actions and spending are party of the very few things the administration can do to affect it.

How do decent threads get dumped, but.......

Huge, but really not that huge from a percentage standpoint, if true.

Looking at the number it's clearly the work of Satan. Trump ain't competent enough to be Satan.

So today, today is the day the Don gets credit for the DOW?

Ok, even with the drop -- it is still 6000 points higher than it was when he took over for Obama -- so now he gets credit for that?

Im no trump fan and i know you're a troll -- but next time dont be so myopic with it.
This, although out of fairness to the TS Trump is the one taking credit for record market numbers so he opens himself up for this.

The reason past presidents avoiding taking credit for market swings is they really don't have that much to do with it (policy can certainly have effects, but there are too many variables to point to one thing or policy) and as soon as you take credit markets can take a dive. So while I think it's ridiculous to attribute market swings and business anecdotes to the work of the president (unless there is a clear connection of course) we should acknowledge that the president brings these sorts of claims on himself because he can't help but take credit for shit.

The Dow swings hundreds of points daily. Can't put much stock into what happens in a week. I imagine the markets will see a major increase when companies' first financial statements come out that include the new tax plan since YoY performance will look great simply due to the difference in tax rates. It will be years before we see the actual results of Trump's economic strategy where the difference in tax rates is not a factor.

How do decent threads get dumped, but.......

This isn't any different than the spamming of threads where Trump gets credit for seemingly every financial transaction that occurs. This is just the antithesis, yet equally wrong.

This, although out of fairness to the TS Trump is the one taking credit for record market numbers so he opens himself up for this.

The reason past presidents avoiding taking credit for market swings is they really don't have that much to do with it (policy can certainly have effects, but there are too many variables to point to one thing or policy) and as soon as you take credit markets can take a dive. So while I think it's ridiculous to attribute market swings and business anecdotes to the work of the president (unless there is a clear connection of course) we should acknowledge that the president brings these sorts of claims on himself because he can't help but take credit for shit.

I mostly agree with your overall point, but Presidents, or at least via their contributors and staff do acknowledge market growth in their overall message of the state of the economy -- and we can see quantitative points in which speculation based on Trump possible plans have caused spikes (day after his win / inauguration / tax plan)

I agree past presidents take more nuance towards giving themselves the nod on it

It'll be Obama's economy again by Monday.

I mostly agree with your overall point, but Presidents, or at least via their contributors and staff do acknowledge market growth in their overall message of the state of the economy -- and we can see quantitative points in which speculation based on Trump possible plans have caused spikes (day after his win / inauguration / tax plan)

I agree past presidents take more nuance towards giving themselves the nod on it
I think discussing overall growth in the state of the union or economy is totally appropriate from time to time. It's ok to say "hey, the economy is doing great" But agent orange is tweeting every time the market hits a new high or a business announces their investment plan and he explicitly takes credit for it.

Anyway, we agree on the main points.

Back