DOW closes down 666 points today! NOW this is Trump's economy!

Sorry TS but this thread is silly. You can't use a one day blip to paint the whole picture.

I've never seen a decent thread dumped.

However, yes, this thread is dumpworthy.

I actually like the uk military commercial thread. Yea the TS was kinda lame. But I was enjoying conversing about how lame military recruiting was.

I actually like the uk military commercial thread. Yea the TS was kinda lame. But I was enjoying conversing about how lame military recruiting was.

I mean, you saw the original OP, which he then posted on the second page. It was bad. There's only so much "We used to be [pics of white guys] and now we're [pics of brown guys]! OMG" before you get dumped.

I thought this was due to the Amazon getting into healthcare thing

The stock market has never failed to bounce back, and be higher than it ever was

..... And let me guess, when it goes up on Tuesday it will revert to being Obama's economy right?

Go kick rocks and take a short walk off a tall cliff.

Really? So the massive run up in January had nothing to do with this? Also this isn't a massive correction percentage wise. Still under a 5% drop. So please just don't make any market threads, you are clueless.

Thanks Trump. The sinking ship has begun to take on water.

Sorry TS but this thread is silly. You can't use a one day blip to paint the whole picture.
Actually you can because part of the reasons for a recent drop is uncertainty. Wall Street bases numbers on projected recovery.

Recent economic numbers show a slowing economy. There is also increasing energy costs that has a negative effect on consumer spending.

All these items have been recently in the news putting a strong economic recovery in to question.

Trump only gets credit for the economy when the economy starts giving physical clues that Trump molested her at a much younger age.

Only then can we truly call this Trump's Daught- economies, economy. Trump's Economy, I mean... yeah.

With the timing of the stock market drop this week, it has me wondering if some on Wall Street are challenging, testing the new Fed Chairman Jerome Powell. Powell is taking over the chairmanship today. Somewhat similar seemed to happen with Janet Yellen.

Down 1000+ points this week. Trump inherited the strongest U.S. economy ever thanks to President Obama. Today this becomes Trump's economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/02/investing/stock-market-today-dow/index.html

This is hilarious.

A couple of things to remember before you (finally) decide to hand responsibility for the stock market over from Obama to Trump.

1) The Dow rose 31% in Trump's first year, the best post-election rise since 1945.
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...election-is-its-biggest-since-1945-2017-11-08

2) Prior to this week, the Dow was up 7.15% in January. This would have put us on track for an all-time record smashing ~85%, just about tripling anything accomplished under Obama.

Even now, following this bad week, we're on pace for a historically high 38% if we continue at January's pace.

Just thought I'd put things in perspective before you Trump haters start mourning (or celebrating) the demise of the US economy. I'm glad you've recognized the stock market as an indication of the success of the economy, but I'm afraid you're going to be very sad to realize that the bull market's pace markedly accelerated following the tax plan that you swear is going to crush us all.

Last edited:
I have to laugh at the Trump ass suckers that say. Look! The stock market has gone up since Trump was elected! I guess they haven’t looked at the market trend since the 70’s. ;)
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/t...election-is-its-biggest-since-1945-2017-11-08
What's your take on this?

(note: This article is from November. The market has not only continued its rise since then, but actually accelerated rather drastically, living above its upper channel line. In fact, for a few weeks now, there had been a lot of speculation going around that we were going to have a dot-com-bubble-like parabolic rise reminiscent of the late 90's)

Back