DOW closes down 666 points today! NOW this is Trump's economy!

I think discussing overall growth in the state of the union or economy is totally appropriate from time to time. It's ok to say "hey, the economy is doing great" But agent orange is tweeting every time the market hits a new high or a business announces their investment plan and he explicitly takes credit for it.

Anyway, we agree on the main points.

Yeah, that is his Schick -- it will bite him in the ass and he will deny it in at a later date. The state of the markets is one area i do give him credit on -- not that he had to work diligently on it. Lower taxes, deregulation, and a promise of military funding increases all will stimulate investors to open their wallets. Trump put next to no effort with his tweets leading to speculation -- but thats just an aspect of being in the big chair. Other aspects of the economy he really has no claim over yet.

Not a fan of Trump, but this isn't really something to get excited about. From what I've read it's mostly based on investors anticipating the fed raising interest rates based on the strong jobs report for January.

This. All the say investors and shorters panicked.
This allowed me to buy into aurora cannabis at a much lower price again. I love this volatility currently.

If it went up 1000 points would you still have made a thread crediting Trump for it?

No?

Then go sit down and have a pee.

Trump inherited the strongest U.S. economy ever thanks to President Obama.

trolling%20fishing_pic.png

But Amazon is still up. Amazon is a reason many stocks are down. Healthcare/pharma/biotech

Not a fan of Trump, but this isn't really something to get excited about. From what I've read it's mostly based on investors anticipating the fed raising interest rates based on the strong jobs report for January.

Yeah, this actually doesn't have anything to do with the memo. Ironically enough, it seems to be a reaction to the strong jobs report and the unemployment rate staying under 5% for a while now. The Fed indicated that we could see three rate hikes this year and this is the reaction. Bet the DOW is up over 700 points from where it currently is by Wednesday of next week.

Down 1000+ points this week. Trump inherited the strongest U.S. economy ever thanks to President Obama. Today this becomes Trump's economy.

http://money.cnn.com/2018/02/02/investing/stock-market-today-dow/index.html

Don't get too excited. At this point, it's just a brief dip. Just as I suspected, anything positive that happens during the Trump administration will be to Obama's credit, and anything negative that happens will be Trump's fault. Liberal tactics are pretty pathetic.

"Strongest U.S. economy ever thanks to Obama?"

giphy.gif

Also, there is no doubt that this employment rate belongs to Trump. It's something that is making a lot of people pretty happy.

So... DOW goes up = Obama economy, DOW goes down = Trump economy..

<TheWire1>

If trump wants the credit for the good, he had to take credit for the bad too.

Fucking stop.

This is every bit as silly as the Trump supporters who mindlessly spam corporate news.

Market corrections occur quite often, especially when it hits all time high. I don't like Trump, but proclaiming "this is Trump economy" was simply barking up the wrong tree. S&P ended 2015 with major gains and 2016 with a loss, but I certainly didn't go "this is Obama" economy. The market will rebound by next week. This is just interest rate rise jitter.

Stop politicizing everything.

it's one day hahahahahha

my shares of ATVI lost like 1.92 per share, but yet they are still more than double what i purchased them for. I won't get into NVDA and what it's done

unless you invested yesterday, you're fine

Even if you are the most unluckiest person ever and always buy at the worst possible moment you are still making more in the long run than someone who does invest at all.

Too many jobs were created. Interest rates will go up. Im still up 23%.

Back