Dricus Du Plessis tells Sean Strickand to work on his composure after fight in crowd

biscuitsbrah

Amateur Fighter
@Gold
Reaction score

And hes not wrong. It really feels like Dricus is the champion. He has the right mindset and attitude. Sean may be the champ now but I dont think he is mentally stable enough to be a long time defending champion.
If you think about all the champions we have ever had, you have to be ok in your personal life and you have to be mentally stable to be a consistent champion.

To me Sean seems like the kind of guy who, where when things are good, theyre good. Sean will be on top of the world and give inspirational speeches.
But when things are bad, he can get into dark or bad places mentally, which may or may not effect his training, habit, and possibly performances in the cage.

Dircus is playing with fire.

You don't make fun of someone being abused as a child--especially when that someone is as unhinged and dangerous as Strickland. I know guys like him... guys like that Sean just assume they're going to end up dead or in jail one day, they don't care if it come sooner or later.

Dircus is playing with fire.

You don't make fun of someone being abused as a child--especially when that someone is as unhinged and dangerous as Strickland. I know guys like him... guys like that Sean just assume they're going to end up dead or in jail one day, they don't care if it come sooner or later.
I think Sean used to be that guy but found mma. Something to live for and now he actually has something to lose. Hes unhinged but not as much as the guys who amount to nothing except deranged, angry alcoholic/drug users with deep rooted issues

You guys need to stop being all pretentious about this shit. "A champion should be a true martial artist!"

A "true martial artist" is some gay Asian shit that is fine in the kids dojo but has stuck around for too long and people thinking of that being the epitome of pure combat sport is wrong

They should love to bash brains in and make people fucking bleed because that is what we want

sean kind of exposed himself as nothing but a head case here or pure autism. I will not be surprised if he ends up killing someone or shooting someone some day or getting knocked out like bj penn did in the street.

he talks so much shit on peoples personal lives. He openly talks and even sometimes jokes about his upbringing and this is what set him off? this is what made him do the full bitch move of surprise attacking ddp and slamming down fists on the back of his head?
most landed on his shoulder so it did look a little pro wrestling vibe but enough hit ddps soft spot on the back of his head that its kind of bullshit.
Sean can use slurs that put down minorities and a physically attack people and the ufc doesn't punish now? Another bitch fronting as a tough guy like masvidal. Champions are supposed to set a decent example for good reason lol.

You guys need to stop being all pretentious about this shit. "A champion should be a true martial artist!"

A "true martial artist" is some gay Asian shit that is fine in the kids dojo but has stuck around for too long and people thinking of that being the epitome of pure combat sport is wrong

They should love to bash brains in and make people fucking bleed because that is what we want
I love blood and bashing. Its not about that gay true martial arts shit u bitch.
Its about being mentally stable and ok in your personal life. If you could read maybe you would comprehend what I was saying.

Edit: Im sorry if that came off way too aggro

hes normalizing psychopathic thinking if you understand the effect of influence from his position is probably unwise not just for him for the ufc to not try to slightly control in some way. Hes just fully unhinged. Hes not just sharing opinions. He talks about fantasizing about killing people. Its all an act until you see he literally has a serious mental health issue hes not in control of.

also in a sport that results in brain damage - fighters should be held accountable to some degree for things like this. If your champions are reckless and unstable what kind of show is this. to me it just says any fighter can do that and get away with it. the sport needs to promote fighting in the cage only. otherwise its very obvious how that could cause problems

Strickland says atrocious things about everyone, says he dreams of killing someone in the octagon and other mental shit but when the stupid disgusting trash talk is done to him he can't handle it

If he was fighting himself there would be a double murder before the fight because he could never handle his own trashtalk

I think most of them are fake (say things people wants to hear publically/in the media, but things can be different in private without filter), beside one single person.

Wonderboy! He is genuinly Nice through and through!

The whole 'don't dish it out if you can't take it" argument doesn't apply here.

Strickland is edgy and unhinged, yes, but even he has limits. I don't recall Strickland ever saying something so low to someone else. He even went after Colby after he brought up Leon's dead dad.

Desean got triggered about the daddy beating him comment

100% agree, take that gay shit out of here, these guys are fighters and should act like, not these ying yang BS spewers, bE wAtEr My FriEnD head ass.

He is talking about discipline and managing emotions in the ring, not bowing and rescuing kittens from a tree. Every champion has this, including wild men like Tyson, Duran, Wanderlei, etc... If you don't manage risk, don't manage your cardio, you don't ascend to those heights.

I think most of them are fake (say things people wants to hear publically/in the media, but things can be different in private without filter), beside one single person.

Wonderboy! He is genuinly Nice through and through!
Wonderboy is pure of heart and soul. I hope he can Mr miagi some strickland type kid to combat glory

The whole 'don't dish it out if you can't take it" argument doesn't apply here.

Strickland is edgy and unhinged, yes, but even he has limits. I don't recall Strickland ever saying something so low to someone else. He even went after Colby after he brought up Leon's dead dad.
You guys really gotta stop excusing Strickland's deplorable behavior just because someone stooped to his level and gave him a taste of his own medicine.

If someone said this toward Wonderboy, I could understand the outrage as he does nothing to provoke these type of things. Strickland on the other hand has said some disgusting things about people and groups of people and all I can say is BOO FUCKING HOO if you can't take it, shut the fuck up for the rest of your life about the personal lives of others otherwise it's fair fucking game to go there.

Last edited:
Back