Driving Styles

I've never really understood those who speed. If you are going on a 70 mile trip, going 70 instead of 60 will get you there 10 minutes sooner if you don't get caught. If you get caught you will lose at least that 10 minutes, if not more. Then you have the ticket and higher insurance costs. Is it really worth it? Most trips are much shorter so there is less time to save.

I really do think it's a power trip, most people do not deal with power over anything very well and give them power to move a machine that fast and it gets dangerous. Alot of times I think it's also just stupidity. We have a lot of immigrants in our town and it seems they're always doing something crazy without even meaning to.

Like people who swerve in and out of traffic so they can go 50 over on the highway, is it purely an adrenaline thing or do you just prefer to get places faster?

These people are called stupid people.
Everyone thinks whatever they have to do is way more important than what everyone else has to do. And here’s how I know their thing they’re trying to get to isn’t as important as what I’m driving to: It was important enough for me to wake up and get ready on time so I could make it on time. Apparently whatever their shit is was not important enough for them to do those things.

I'm probably not the best driver around. I tend to stay in the right lane and look for routes with the least amount of turns. If I got to go out I usually try and avoid lunch and 5:00 traffic if that makes any sense.

I'm definitely a defensive driver but at the same time I hate when people go slow when it isn't necessary.

I stick to the five over rule because in my area cops generally won't pull people over for going that much on non Interstate roads. It's a different situation in smaller towns, don't speed

Swerving in and out of lanes can be extremely dangerous but it really depends in my opinion. If you are traveling long distances over a highway it might be in your best interest to pass

Everyone out there worried about guns and such, but nobody bats an eye when they get into their car and drive. This is probably the most single handedly dangerous activity humans participate in on a regular basis. Even if you follow all traffic regulations, it doesn't mean others will be.

Anyone who drives like an asshole, I will take care of you when you get into a wreck and show up to the ER as a trauma , but I won't necessarily feel sorry for you. I will feel for any victim of your actions though.

I've seen one too many MVAs come into the hospital. Think about how it's gonna be if you kill someone or end up a quadriplegic. Drive safe Sherbros.

We have insanely active traffic in Moscow. I drive rather agressively, because I dont like to waste time, but try to do it safe at the same time, so no insane speeds and maneuvers. I got in 1 accident during my time behind the wheel, and a dumb one at that, and I drive since 2008.

Last edited:
100% depends on situation.

In town on residential streets, pretty slow and careful.

Highway, I'm going about 5-10 mph more than the average speed of traffic so I can read the road and only have to worry about what I see in front of me.

Kids in the car, slightly more careful and also mindful of bumps and anything passenger might not expect.

Just me and I am late, get the fuck out of my way.

My $0.02 but excessively slow drivers are much more dangerous than reasonably fast drivers. People going too slow are EVERYONE else's problem. People going 20 over, as long as not weaving excessively are not affecting the flow of traffic and causing drastic shifts in speed that causes accidents.

** I also try to drive in such a way that nobody else has to alter their trajectory due to my driving. No one should have to speed up or slow down due to another driver.

Last edited:
I like to keep my focus going forward, and how to navigate what’s further ahead. Me watching them takes my attention away from all other things. Guess that’s why I want to leave them behind and keep pressing forward at a higher speed than them. They could also still hit something or someone else, and have the aftermath still affect me.

Whatever makes you feel more confident and keeps you safe is always a good strategy though.
It's easier to watch the dangerous driver in front than behind you. Odds are dangerous driver behind you is more dangerous than normal traffic in front of you.

I've never really understood those who speed. If you are going on a 70 mile trip, going 70 instead of 60 will get you there 10 minutes sooner if you don't get caught. If you get caught you will lose at least that 10 minutes, if not more. Then you have the ticket and higher insurance costs. Is it really worth it? Most trips are much shorter so there is less time to save.
I recently left a parking lot ahead of this woman driver in her BMW with a kid inside. Right off the bat she was following me too fast and turned and got in front of me and zoomed then had to brake fast for red light. Probably didn't care much about cost of gasoline.

Back