Duck Alert! Hearn Low Balls Ortiz - fight is off

How do you explain $100m to wilder for 2 fights then? The most dangerous fighter for Joshua out there by a country mile! Lowball offer lol! His highest purse outside of the fury fight is a few million. He earned less against fury than he accepted against Joshua

Explain that and I’ll give the nonsense you’ve just posted some credence. You won’t though because it completely contradicts your post

Offering wilder ( a man that Hearn admits is a bigger name/draw in the US than AJ) a us fight deal that says he is the b side for the 1st fight and the b side for the 2nd fight, even if he wins the first fight, could be seen as fake/gimmick offer number 4b, to various potential opponents by aj and his team

Oh and Ortiz stated only 2 months ago he’d step in for miller for any money. Now he’s shit his pants. In all likelihood he got offered the same money as miller. Why haven’t Ortizs team told us how much he got offered and let Hearn respond? They don’t want the fight and this is their excuse! Maybe hes half way through a cycle and can’t take the fight?

Imagine if Ortiz steps in, messes up his cycle and fails another drug test, boxing will look even worse

all right, so you agree that the 4M offer isn't a low ball?

what does ortiz bring to the table that should give him 20 times his previous career high payday? he couldn't make anywhere near that kind of money while he was an undefeated world champion. now he's neither. i wouldn't exactly call him some huge star, it's not like people are filling out arenas to see luis ortiz fight some bum... and AJ might fill out a pretty big venue fighting the venue's janitor.

don't misunderstand me here. i want fighters to get paid what they're worth, and i do believe a good challenger should get a fair share of the revenue, regardless of his name recognition. but let's be real here. 4 million dollars isn't a low offer, especially not for someone in ortiz's position.
I think 4m is low for anyone to fight AJ. Youre going against the second biggest draw in boxing, likely to bring in 40-50 million vs literally anyone, and will probably get your ass beaten badly.

Usyk pls save us.

Old enough to remember when $ 4 000 000 was a lot of money.

It’s definitely not chump change, it’s just a bit cheeky if it’s less than Miller imo.

It wouldn’t hurt Hearn to just basically give him Millers contract.

I’ve heard that’s exactly what he did offer but everyone’s speculating about
everything.
Ortiz team says it’s lowball but haven’t given any figures. If they don’t want the fight they’re not going to be honest about it, we all know that! HW boxing is more smoke and fckin mirrors than the top guys actually fighting each other.

I think 4m is low for anyone to fight AJ. Youre going against the second biggest draw in boxing, likely to bring in 40-50 million vs literally anyone, and will probably get your ass beaten badly.

Yeah, that's not how it works.

When Maidana fought Floyd, he earned 1.5m, then in an either bigger rematch, where he deserves more, he earned 2.5m. These are both 1m+ PPV fights, AJ v Ortiz isnt anywhere near as big. Mayweather takes a huge percentage of the PPV, evidence by his final pay check, and Maidana bumps his up a few million so it might come close to what Ortiz could ge here.

I doubt you had issues when Floyd was handing out these career high pay days.

everything.
Ortiz team says it’s lowball but haven’t given any figures. If they don’t want the fight they’re not going to be honest about it, we all know that! HW boxing is more smoke and fckin mirrors than the top guys actually fighting each other.

If it’s the same as Miller then he doesn’t have a leg to stand on.

everything.
They haven’t given any figures, because they also contradict themselves by saying they never received anything, while also talking Bout lowball offers.

They offered $5M.
Ortiz wants $10M.
They'll counter with $7M and Ortiz will accept.
Not that I dont want Ortiz to get paid

But why should he get half a mill more than Miller when the fight was promoted around Joshua vs Miller?

They both did their share of selling the fight, it gets scrapped and here comes the #5 heavyweight 5 weeks away from the fight who couldnt sell a fight himself but lets pay him what he demands? Doesnt quite work that way even you are the official boogey man of the heavyweight division

didn't ortiz get like 500k for fighting wilder? 4 million to fight joshua seems all right to me.

sure, i'd love for ortiz to get 10M, but let's not pretend that 4M is some chump change.
That's where I am, I like to see the fighters get paid. Dillian knows the numbers and turned down 4m, he quipped AJ is making 35 mil. 10% ffs and Dillian is pretty popular himself.
There's an event to be saved here, lets get the best opponent possible and pay the man.

Old enough to remember when $ 4 000 000 was a lot of money.

Stop talking such utter shit ;-), its like me saying, i have made an app, and if i dont get paid for it like Facebook execs did, then you can go fuck yourself and i wont release it....i dont care if my app is shitter....its all about percentages.......

The logic in this thread is absolutely fucking amazing

Not that I dont want Ortiz to get paid

But why should he get half a mill more than Miller when the fight was promoted around Joshua vs Miller?

They both did their share of selling the fight, it gets scrapped and here comes the #5 heavyweight 5 weeks away from the fight who couldnt sell a fight himself but lets pay him what he demands? Doesnt quite work that way even you are the official boogey man of the heavyweight division
He's a bigger name than Miller.
He's better than Miller.
He's fought better opposition than Miller.
Also its a short notice fight, and he's 40 years old.

Basically if you want Ortiz to come lose to your guy on short notice, you better pay him well, because that's pretty much it for his career after that.

Pay him 10m mill and save the event. Or not..

Can't blame Eddie for trying but he needs this pretty bad

What's the $ figure..... don't be a bitch about it and not let the public know what you consider a "Low Ball" offer.

I'm guessing at least 3 times Ortiz' previous largest purse.
It ain't the lotto gentlemen, you've got to actually put in the work.

Plus Ortiz is tainted by both pissing hot, AND getting worked over by Deontay Wilder.

Still... can't judge unless the $ figures are let out.
Ortiz is still a better opponent then Miller so why low ball him especially on short notice.

Back