Movies DUNE: PART TWO (Passes $600 Million Worldwide; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen DUNE: PART TWO, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Agree that Zendya isn't that great. Timothy is actually one of the really good younger actors out there though.
May be I should watch some more movies with him.
If Zendaya isn´t there it´s a good chance I will agree.

Initial impression after seeing it in IMAX was damn I really want to see more. Probably a 9/10 for me. I agree with @Dragonlordxxxxx 100% on Christopher Walken not being a good fit for the emperor. Austin Butler was a great villain and Javier Bardem stole every scene in that movie. Hopefully it does well enough to get another one made

1984 movie ending was better this new guy didnt even use the voice to decimate Feyd and Kyle was motherfucking alpha as Kwizatch Haderatch. (spoilers) I did like how he kicked his ugly mannish looking girl to the curb for the hot blonde tho. And then her to go try to catch a worm. What the hell was that about?
AWWWW I just got dumped time to go ride a worm.

sounds good. My one complaint with the first is that I did feel the runtime.

I am going today. I enjoyed the first one. I am so excited to finally see a great review for a big movie!

These could have finally been the Dune movies to end all Dune movies….unfortunately the casting is embarrassingly bad. So unfortunate Denis…

He gets confused with Tom Holland. He's levels better than Holland is imo
This guy is by far the most anoying Spiderman. And that´s not easy bc every Spiderman-actor was a little shady to me.
I will watch some Chalamet-movies. Despite I´m not really in movies anymore like I used to be some years ago.
Might change my mind about him and I'm not afraid to admit that.

These could have finally been the Dune movies to end all Dune movies….unfortunately the casting is embarrassingly bad. So unfortunate Denis…
And there is next to no context and little depth to the characters and world. All the interwoven dependencies and interests of a great political scheme by all parties including the Atreides gets turned into Jesus fights the bad guys. It is visually powerful but more like a music video with no underlying world building.

May be I should watch some more movies with him.
If Zendaya isn´t there it´s a good chance I will agree.
He was great in 'Beautiful Boy'. One of the best movies about addiction I've seen.

Yea, I just got back from seeing it today at the local flea pit. Daughter struggled to stay awake.

Sound / score was great . Visually it looks good .

Walken did not fit as Emperor at all as already stated. Also , give him a haircut. Bloke runs the universe but cant keep his barnet in check.

Stilgar wasn't that militant in the book.

Time frame got totally screwed over , the time frame of 4 or 5 years in Dune got swapped to 6 months or similar.

Alia never appears , Hawat never appears .

The importance of The Sardaukar and how good they were as fighters . Cut out one of the scenes I love from the book where the Sardaukar are
By smuggling with Gurney and how they get humiliated by the Fremen.

Chani is totally changed as a character.

Paul's abilities and fighting skills aren't really emphasized , the fact that he trains the Fremen in The Weirding Way.

No mention of The Guild .

Nothing about the Crysknife.

Nothing about the fact that Chani and Paul have a son , Leto who dies.

So much missing. And yea, I know the time limitations of the book Vs film but still , characters underdeveloped and at the end I was like ' meh' .
Spoiler tag dude.

Last edited:
Daughter struggled to stay awake.

Walken did not fit as Emperor at all as already stated. Also , give him a haircut. Bloke runs the universe but cant keep his barnet in check. And he looks like a 70 year but he's supposed to look mid 30s with red hair in the book...

Stilgar wasn't that militant in the book initially.

Time frame got totally screwed over , the time frame of 4 or 5 years in Dune got swapped to 6 months or similar.

The importance of The Sardaukar and how good they were as fighters . Cut out one of the scenes I love from the book where the Sardaukar are smuggling with Gurney and how they get humiliated by the Fremen.

Paul's abilities and fighting skills aren't really emphasized , the fact that he trains the Fremen in The Weirding Way.

So much missing. And yea, I know the time limitations of the book Vs film but still , characters underdeveloped and at the end I was like ' meh' .

Initial impression after seeing it in IMAX was damn I really want to see more. Probably a 9/10 for me. I agree with @Dragonlordxxxxx 100% on Christopher Walken not being a good fit for the emperor. Austin Butler was a great villain and Javier Bardem stole every scene in that movie. Hopefully it does well enough to get another one made

Think think Walken is a good fit. I was afraid when I saw him that I was going to hear a strong Brooklyn accent.

Daughter struggled to stay awake.

Walken did not fit as Emperor at all as already stated. Also , give him a haircut. Bloke runs the universe but cant keep his barnet in check. And he looks like a 70 year but he's supposed to look mid 30s with red hair in the book...

Stilgar wasn't that militant in the book initially.

The importance of The Sardaukar and how good they were as fighters . Cut out one of the scenes I love from the book where the Sardaukar are smuggling with Gurney and how they get humiliated by the Fremen.

<codychoke>

My take is that this was a 10/10. They fixed a lot of things that the first one struggle a little with. Here it starts to blossom and show that it is Game of Thrones in space. Everything was good, top to bottom and it found its legs. The first one was an 8.5/10. This one is a 10/10. My only complaint, my real complaint, is that this wasn't turned into a series with Villenvue at the helm. There is a lot of good material from the books that got left out to keep the pace.

Back