Movies DUNE (Sequel Officially Greenlit; Opens to $40.1 Million at the U.S. Box Office)

If you have seen DUNE (2021), how would you rate it?

• Total voters
We know:
Paul Atreides = Timothee Chalamet
Lady Jessica = Rebecca Ferguson
Chani = Zendaya
Baron Harkonnen = Stellan Skarsgard
Beast Rabban = Dave Bautista
Stilgar = Javier Bardem
Duke Leto Atreides = Oscar Isaac
Reverend Mother Mohiam = Charlotte Rampling
Gurney Halleck = Josh Brolin

We still need the Emperor, Piter de Vries, Dr. Yueh, Thufir Hawat, Princess Irulan, Feyd-Rautha, Alia and others.

And yes, it's going to be split into two parts.

of all of these the only one i really like is Bardem as Stilgar, the Lynch movie and its cast is superior to this in every single character so far

I haven't been this hyped for a movie in years.

They aren't hippies, brah. They are toned down Afghan jihadis instructed in Shaolin Kung-Fu by War-Jesus, brah.

I should write an alternate dune book where sardukars put fremens head on spikes and eat sandworms for breakfast

Would be a bestseller for sure

‘Aquaman’s Jason Momoa Joins Killer Cast Of Denis Villenueve’s ‘Dune’

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jason-momoa-dune-aquaman-frank-herbert-denis-villenueve-1202557876/

shutterstock_9188524ar.jpg

Legendary is in negotiations for Aquaman star Jason Momoa to join the cast of Denis Villeneuve’s film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s bestselling novel Dune. Momoa joins an already stellar cast of Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, Charlotte Rampling, Javier Bardem, and Josh Brolin. The script was written by Villeneuve, Eric Roth and Jon Spaihts.

Momoa will play Duncan Idaho.

Set in the distant future, Dune tells the story of Paul Atreides, whose family accepts control of the desert planet Arrakis. As the only producer of a highly valuable resource, control of Arrakis is highly contested among the noble families. After Paul and his family are betrayed, the story explores themes of politics, religion, and man’s relationship to nature as Paul leads a rebellion to restore his family’s control of Arrakis.

Someone put up a picture earlier but no more information. Momoa will be playing Duncan Idaho.

Last edited:
Strangely, Dune is iconic and yet I have virtually no idea what the original story is about. Never saw the Lynch film obviously but have heard mixed things.

I’m amped for this though. Villeneuve is absolutely one of the best filmmakers out there right now.

Denis Villeneuve is hands down the best director in the world today. Come at me bros!

am i a joke to you
You keep changing your name, like you're a Secret Agent or something. It's really hard to keep track. I have to Squint to read all the changes.

Larry.

lol @ momoa being duncan.
jesus h christ what an epic fail of a casting.
let's also get ryan reynolds, jennifer lawrence and whoever else makes big budget low quality shit these days.

‘Aquaman’s Jason Momoa Joins Killer Cast Of Denis Villenueve’s ‘Dune’

https://deadline.com/2019/02/jason-momoa-dune-aquaman-frank-herbert-denis-villenueve-1202557876/

shutterstock_9188524ar.jpg

Legendary is in negotiations for Aquaman star Jason Momoa to join the cast of Denis Villeneuve’s film adaptation of Frank Herbert’s bestselling novel Dune. Momoa joins an already stellar cast of Timothée Chalamet, Rebecca Ferguson, Dave Bautista, Stellan Skarsgård, Charlotte Rampling, Javier Bardem, and Josh Brolin. The script was written by Villeneuve, Eric Roth and Jon Spaihts.

Momoa will play Duncan Idaho.

Set in the distant future, Dune tells the story of Paul Atreides, whose family accepts control of the desert planet Arrakis. As the only producer of a highly valuable resource, control of Arrakis is highly contested among the noble families. After Paul and his family are betrayed, the story explores themes of politics, religion, and man’s relationship to nature as Paul leads a rebellion to restore his family’s control of Arrakis.

Someone put up a picture earlier but no more information. Momoa will be playing Duncan Idaho.

yeah, sometimes this dude is casted perfect like in Conan and Aquaman, i liked him also in the epic series Stargate Atlantis, the best Stargate, but this motherfucker is not, and will never be Duncan, NEVER, but anyway the cast is shit

Dune Messiah is really more of an interlude between Dune and Children of Dune than a full-blown story of its own, and the three together form a trilogy of sorts. The next book in the series, God Emperor, (which I personally hated) involves a large time-skip and the starting of a new phase in the story.
why?

The cast seems solid; I want to know who's going to be the DP and composer. I'm not a fan of Villeneuve but he's at least passionate about the story and seems to understand it's level of importance.

Because it sucked? Starting with God Emperor Herbert disappeared up his own ass. Philosophy was a big part of the series right from the start but the characters and world building were also major components. With God Emperor the latter two were pushed aside to make room for multi-chapter navel-gazing nonsense. It doesn't help that the huge time-skip resets most of the cast. The new characters are forgettable (I remember literally zero of them) and the returning characters were altered almost beyond recognition. And the obsession with Duncan Idaho was a turn of events that I could never get onboard with.

It was just a shitty book that completely torpedoed the series. I barely made it through God Emperor and it turned out Heretics was just as bad, except now Herbert had turned into his "perverted old man" phase and made the book an obsession on sex (Heinlein did the same thing, that dude's later novels are virtually unreadable because of it).

Back