News DWCS standout Bolaji Oki will make his UFC-debut this weekend

Who wins?

• Total voters

BoxerMaurits

The Dutchman
Platinum Member
Reaction score
The 28 years old BelgianšŸ‡§šŸ‡Ŗ Bolaji Oki (8-1, 5 KO/TKO, 1 sub.) is set to make his UFC-debut against Timothy Cuamba this weekend.
I met ā€The Zulu Warriorā€ at GLORY 90 in Rotterdam, last December:

1707368284399.jpeg

About 5 months ago, Oki punched his way into the UFC by finishing Dylan Salvador on Dana Whiteā€™s Contender Series.
His French opponent was an experienced Kickboxer who holds victories over the likes of Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong and Giga Chikadze, and also shared the ring with MuayThai legend Buakaw Banchamek.
However, Bolaji Oki beat him at his own game, finishing Salvador in the first round with a vicious rain of bodyshots and punches to the head:

DC did a nice breakdown of Okiā€™s finish:

After winning the UFC-contract, Bolaji Oki returned to Europe to train at Rico Verhoeven's gym, where the GLORY Heavyweight champion congratulated him and briefly talked about his impressive performance during DWCS (swipe for training footage):

I think itā€™s fair to say Oki Bolaji got some high-level training partners:

1707367273346.jpeg

Bolaji Oki will be the fourth ever fighter from Belgium to compete in the UFC.
Two years ago he was set to compete for the Dutch-based Levels Fight League (LFL) Lightweight-title, but unfortunately that fight fell through.
Now he's in the UFC though, so all of that doesn't matter anymore!

Oki was originally scheduled to debut against Damir Hadžović this weekend, but the latter was forced to withdraw from the fight earlier this week.
The 24 years old Timothy Cuamba (8-1, 4 KO/TKO) has stepped in on four days notice to take on Bolaji Oki.
Two winners from last season's DWCS square off in their UFC-debuts ("Twilight" didn't earn a contract at first). Cuamba fought just 4 days ago at Tuff-N-Uff 135 and scored a 2nd round KO.

A fight between two exciting prospects!

When I met Bolaji Oki at GLORY 90 last December, we hit a punching machine with some fighters and other combat sports figures.

I challenged Bahram Rajabzadeh (66-1, 58 KO/TKO), who won a 4-man heavyweight tournament last year to qualify for the prestigious GLORY 8-man Heavyweight Grand Prix which will take place on March 9.
It's save to say he fucked me up, lol.

1707368637759.jpeg

Here's my try:
And Bahram's turn:

Bolaji Oki hit the punching machine together with GLORY Lightweight champion Tyjani Beztati (25-5, 9 KO/TKO), who'll defend his title against former ONE Championship standout Enriko Kehl, also on March 9.

Here's Tyjani's turn:
Unfortunately I don't have footage of Bolaji Oki punching the machine, my friend @TacticalTijs must've been asleep at that moment, lol.

Believe me when I say ā€œThe Zulu Warriorā€ hits like a truck though! Oki punched way harder than Beztati, who isnā€™t pillow-fisted at all.
I donā€™t recall seeing a man of his size hitting that hard in front of me.

I look forward to Oki Bolajiā€™s UFC-debut this weekend, let it be a good one :cool:

Oki looked decent on DWCS, interested to see him going forward.

When I met Bolaji Oki at GLORY 90 last December, we hit a punching machine with some fighters and other combat sports figures.

I challenged Bahram Rajabzadeh (66-1, 58 KO/TKO), who won a 4-man heavyweight tournament last year to qualify for the prestigious GLORY 8-man Heavyweight Grand Prix which will take place on March 9.
It's save to say he fucked me up, lol.

View attachment 1028343

Here's my try:
And Bahram's turn:

Bolaji Oki hit the punching machine together with GLORY Lightweight champion Tyjani Beztati (25-5, 9 KO/TKO), who'll defend his title against former ONE Championship standout Enriko Kehl, also on March 9.

Here's Tyjani's turn:
Unfortunately I don't have footage of Bolaji Oki punching the machine, my friend @TacticalTijs must've been asleep at that moment, lol.

Believe me when I say ā€œThe Zulu Warriorā€ hits like a truck though! Oki punched way harder than Beztati, who isnā€™t pillow-fisted at all.
I donā€™t recall seeing a man of his size hitting that hard in front of me.

I look forward to Oki Bolajiā€™s UFC-debut this weekend, let it be a good one :cool:

His punches were definitely closer to the middleweight/light heavyweight guys. Truly impressive power!

The 28 years old BelgianšŸ‡§šŸ‡Ŗ Bolaji Oki (8-1, 5 KO/TKO, 1 sub.) is set to make his UFC-debut against Timothy Cuamba this weekend.

View attachment 1028342

About 5 months ago, Oki punched his way into the UFC by finishing Dylan Salvador on Dana Whiteā€™s Contender Series.
His French opponent was an experienced Kickboxer who holds victories over the likes of Sitthichai Sitsongpeenong and Giga Chikadze, and also shared the ring with MuayThai legend Buakaw Banchamek.
However, Bolaji Oki beat him at his own game, finishing Salvador in the first round with a vicious rain of bodyshots and punches to the head:

After winning the UFC-contract, Bolaji Oki returned to Europe to train at Rico Verhoeven's gym, where the GLORY Heavyweight champion congratulated him and briefly talked about his impressive performance during DWCS (swipe for training footage):

View attachment 1028337

Two years ago he was set to compete for the Dutch-based Levels Fight League (LFL) Lightweight-title, but unfortunately that fight fell through.

Oki was originally scheduled to debut against Damir Hadžović this weekend, but the latter was forced to withdraw from the fight earlier this week.
The 24 years old Timothy Cuamba (8-1, 4 KO/TKO) has stepped in on four days notice to take on Bolaji Oki.
Two winners from last season's DWCS square off in their UFC-debuts ("Twilight" didn't earn a contract at first). Cuamba fought just 4 days ago at Tuff-N-Uff 135 and scored a 2nd round KO.

lol aspinall is not 6'5"

View attachment 1028342

View attachment 1028337

Using sherbro logic and sherbro mathematics...you're an avg sherbro height of 6'10 315, so that means this guy is a solid 6'3 250. Impressive! Can't wait to see him in the octagon.

Broooo das cap šŸ§¢ Boxer-Mans just making up names today first Nyamjargal Tumendemberel now this one? šŸ˜‚

Mans got dem handz tho ONGgg I always pick the man who can buck šŸ¦Œ widdem fist my fam šŸ‘Š šŸ’„

Back