EA Earns Most Downvoted Comment In Reddit History

Trying to think of the last time I purchased an EA game.

And I never even considered micro transactions. Their games just reek of dog shit

Nobody wants to play that 12 year old game with bad graphics
Well there's always somebody saying something stupid on the internet. Hopefully you're not as dumb as your comment and just being hyperbolic. Currently there are over just 1k people playing on the updated Steam version, despite the MP update being a bit broken until the upcoming patch.

BFCLassic.jpg

Weigh that against the two year old EA battlefront 1 on PC (600+ players), without factoring in other methods of playing classic BF2 (gameranger and BFSpy) and it's beating that.

http://swbstats.com

Obviously the player base of the new battlefront will dwarf both, but there's no chance there will be an active community for it 12 years later. Lot's of people love playing classic titles, that's why the emulation community is so massive. Think before you type

Last edited:
So if I understand this all, basically EA took the Madden Ultimate Team pay-to-win bullshit micro transactions to the next level and tied it to the progression system on Battlefront 2? I'm not paying to upgrade star cards. Yeah, I'm not buying this shit.

<DisgustingHHH>

lol EA limits credits you can earn in arcade mode. The scumbaggery continues

I haven't bought an EA game in ages, but it's not because of the pay2win paradigm, it's most because I don't trust them.

I mean, I know they'll do anything to make you buy the game [often shelling out big] and then spend even more money at it to be able to beat the game, be it single or multiplayer. Like making you re-run the same stage 10 times just to earn points to go to the next level (or pay 1 dollar and go right thru).

EA is the shadiest game company ever known, I miss the Desert Strike era, they used to make great games, but now all they want is release a half assed game and then change the other half as DLC. (10% at a time) I even recall when I bought a Humble Bundle that packaed Burnout Paradise City, bough on HB, activated on Steam, and yet the game refused to run per se, single player, unless I install and create an account on EA's Origin.

Just unsinstalled it. It now states thay I've played 0.4 hours, I guess it was 0.4 hours of trying to get around Origin limitations lol

Just wait until they get into the peripheral business

23619125_4035250918263_44701316_n.jpg

I have Madden 18 and the Frostbite engine is smooth af. I hate the pay-to-win aspect of MUT in Madden, but at least I can play online head to head mode as a non pay-to-win competitive option, and just avoid MUT fuckery. Battlefront 2 doesn't provide that option, if you play multi-player you always are against pay-to-winners. Too bad, I wanted to get this game. They stole my $60 when they released Rory Mcllroy which was basically just a demo. EA gon' EA.

$20 or 24 hours to take a rare star card to epic. This doesn't even include the time/money to upgrade to rare:

https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWarsBa...osts_20_for_an_epic_star_card_or_24_hours_of/

Here is a thread on how it would take 4,528 hours or $2,100 to unlock everything:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/un...lefront-ii-requires-4-528-hours-or-2100.6190/

<36><36>
lolz I dont have time to grind I just want to relax and play a game for maybe 1-2 hours so no way can I level up that long, my BF1 play time is only about 100hours, I really hope they dont do this with the next Battlefield game , I wouldnt know where to get my MP fix.

lolz I dont have time to grind I just want to relax and play a game for maybe 1-2 hours so no way can I level up that long, my BF1 play time is only about 100hours, I really hope they dont do this with the next Battlefield game , I wouldnt know where to get my MP fix.

They will do this with the next Battlefield game. CFO claims they missed an opportunity with Battlefield 4:

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ea-exec-responds-to-battlefront-2-microtransaction/1100-6454957/

Yeah man I have always played Battlefield but probably wont get the next one after all this.

And 40 hours of gameplay isn't that long. If so that's easy as shit. An average gamer should be able to unlock it in week (especially if he's got a free weekend to play it). .

uF9MjJo3QIaijySXC4iL_Confused%20Christian%20Bale.gif

I am close friends with a senior product manager at EA. She worked on the BF prior to BF2, among other projects at EA.

She was explaining to me how obsessed they are with the "compulsion loop." They calculate a shit-ton of data on player habits and psychology and are getting pretty damn good at extracting each penny out of the customer. Unfortunately we can complain all we want but we are being completely drowned out by the sea of data that is supporting their decisions...not to mention their soaring stock price over the past few years.

I dunno... 40 hours doesn't sound like a lot but I am gaming degenerate I guess. For the average gamer that's a kid 40 hours of grinding should be nothing. If the final prize is Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker then its not that bad. It's like playing a really long game and then at the very end a new level opens up.

If they didn't allow players to pay to access these bonus characters earlier then okay... you need to grind to earn them.. I wouldn't have had an issue grinding for 40 hours to get Luke Skywalker. I am a destiny player.. I've grinded for much less (unfortunately)..

But from what I hear its everything else that needs grinding that adds up. From what I read it appears insane. I don't play BattleFront series so I have no idea. I am just saying playing a game for 40 hours for the final prize of the game isn't that much IMO...

I dunno... 40 hours doesn't sound like a lot but I am gaming degenerate I guess. For the average gamer that's a kid 40 hours of grinding should be nothing. If the final prize is Darth Vader/Luke Skywalker then its not that bad. It's like playing a really long game and then at the very end a new level opens up.

If they didn't allow players to pay to access these bonus characters earlier then okay... you need to grind to earn them.. I wouldn't have had an issue grinding for 40 hours to get Luke Skywalker. I am a destiny player.. I've grinded for much less (unfortunately)..

But from what I hear its everything else that needs grinding that adds up. From what I read it appears insane. I don't play BattleFront series so I have no idea. I am just saying playing a game for 40 hours for the final prize of the game isn't that much IMO...

I hear you, I think we just have different definitions of who the average gamer is. I'd definitely say 40 in a week is hardcore.

Then again I'm old as shit so I may be out of touch now. Still, that's a full-time job. Even in my heyday I never hit those kinds of hours.

I hear you, I think we just have different definitions of who the average gamer is. I'd definitely say 40 in a week is hardcore.

Then again I'm old as shit so I may be out of touch now. Still, that's a full-time job. Even in my heyday I never hit those kinds of hours.

sadly I am also old as shit but its a past time I've been able to hold onto. keeps me out of trouble (going and spending money). it's one the cheapest form of entertainment.

The problem isn't necessarily the time factor, as they reduced it for certain things. I like getting shit for the hours I invested. I've played stupid hours on games I like. It's not difficult to rack up a few dozen hours on a game you like in a relatively short time period, even if you have a busy schedule like I do. The problem here is that other players can bypass time and buy upgrades making your climb to a higher level incredibly unbalanced against opposition.

They also actively limit how much you can progress, either by low xp (currency) or having cool downs on getting it. In arcade mode they'll prevent you from acquiring currency for a few hours, even if you keep playing, to intentionally push players towards paying for it. It's the most egregious system I have ever seen in a full priced game.

The problem isn't necessarily the time factor, as they reduced it for certain things. I like getting shit for the hours I invested. I've played stupid hours on games I like. It's not difficult to rack up a few dozen hours on a game you like in a relatively short time period, even if you have a busy schedule like I do. The problem here is that other players can bypass time and buy upgrades making your climb to a higher level incredibly unbalanced against opposition.

They also actively limit how much you can progress, either by low xp (currency) or having cool downs on getting it. In arcade mode they'll prevent you from acquiring currency for a few hours, even if you keep playing, to intentionally push players towards paying for it. It's the most egregious system I have ever seen in a full priced game.

As I've stated I do not agree with the paying to jump ahead of everyone. I think its bullshit. I do love the Bungie pay method (everything is for cosmetic and if you play long enough you can get most of it as well).

As for limiting progression I think it should be there but how it is implemented needs to make sense. Obviously if the limit is too restrictive and there are no real possible way of progressing properly (and then forcing you to drop money to level up) then ok fuck that shit. But without the pay feature, limiting progression has its usefulness. Without limits, players who super grind (especially pros who play all fuckin' day) can blow past everyone.

Again Bungie did a real nice job with progression. We can level up to a certain amount and then we can do a set of weekly actives that will boost our leveling. You can finish that in a day or two per characters and each account can own 3 toons.

From your description its a combo of a very strict progression system to promote the use of the pay feature. EA is fuckin' evil...

fuck 'em.

EA is the Martin Shkreli of video game companies. I am still paying attention to this all because I want to play the game and hoping they change the progression system.

This guy paid $100 to test the advantages payers have over non-payers. He owns people. His Starfighter turns 20% faster, 30-40% more damage on main weapon, and much faster rate of fire.

Back