Elizabeth Swaney Average American Skier Who Competed in Olympics

Eddy the Eagle was mentioned, but how legit was the Jamaican bobsled team? (I never watched Cool Runnings).

Anyway, don't hate the player, hate the... yadda yadda yadda.

Eddy Eagle feels a little different because he was doing that ski jump thing. I kind of have respect for anyone that does that. I probably could do it but I know that I am going to get all kinds of jacked up if I screw up a landing.

She on the other hand made it and didn't even try to put on the best show she could on the final stage. It is the equivalent if Eddy just climbed off of the ramp and snowplowed down the mountain. Eddy was in the least giving it his very best, which is very much in my opinion in the spirit of the Olympics.

Take this from someone that sucks at skiing but downhill skiing really different than anything else. It feels very out of control and you are being rattled and thrown over bumps and having to deal with slick ice. The sound is something I think you don't really forget. You literally hear the sound of you cutting ice and snow, the whole way down.

A persons sensory perception is overloaded with the whole experience. The gym-rat element of a lot of sports is enough to cause most skiers to lose interest when a outdoor option is available. The smell of fresh snow and endless experience of interacting with nature itself is enough to keep a person in the mountains.
The Winter Olympics is the king of if you love the sport, everything else is mundane by comparison.
Watching it can become a adrenaline rush. Don't even need the coke.;)

She traveled around the world competing in order to get enough points to qualify while better athletes were unwilling to sacrifice the time to travel in order to go to those tournaments. She put in the effort and made it. That is not a loophole that is playing by the rules.

lol.... What effort. She completely sucked and didn't even try to perform a real trick.

The only effort put in was by her parent's bank account, after paying for her UC Berkeley degree and Masters.... and now working as a "recruiter"... lol

Congrates on being great at showing up for your participation trophy...

Hope she gets curb stomped by the real athletes at the closing ceremonies. Will watch.

Meh, whatever. Pretty harmless, IMO, something like this will likely never happen again.

Meh, whatever. Pretty harmless, IMO, something like this will likely never happen again.

It’s actually fairly common in the Winter Olympics. Eddie the Eagle is just one example. You have many countries with no history of winter sport, and no hard criteria for qualifying in many events.
Anyone remember the Kenyan cross country skier? They had to delay the awards ceremony because Bjørn Dæhlie waited for him to finish.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Boit

I disagree. I think more will try. After all, what's better than a gold medal...being a celebrity.

Ms. Swaney, the Jamaican bobsleder born and raised in New Jersey, and the guy that learned to ski in 2017 (lives in a country with no snow) are instant celebrities.

Two out of the three are considered heroes

It is still not uncommon for countries to gift citizenship to athletes in the hope they medal for them in the Olympics.

Oh, you came in fourth place in your country, so you couldn't make the Olympics.....here is your new Awesomestan passport. Now, go get us a bronze.

Here's a real half pipe freestyle skier though....
and way cuter...

Holy fuck in that second run did she make everything look effortless. Even landing on the crazy last jump was so blase.

Holy fuck in that second run did she make everything look effortless. Even landing on the crazy last jump was so blase.
And that's the thing...Cassie Sharpe train her ass off to compete and get to the top...and I'm sure a lot of girls in all over the world are waiting for their chance to compete skill vs. skill...not looking for loopholes...

It’s actually fairly common in the Winter Olympics. Eddie the Eagle is just one example. You have many countries with no history of winter sport, and no hard criteria for qualifying in many events.
Anyone remember the Kenyan cross country skier? They had to delay the awards ceremony because Bjørn Dæhlie waited for him to finish.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philip_Boit

I disagree. I think more will try. After all, what's better than a gold medal...being a celebrity.

Ms. Swaney, the Jamaican bobsleder born and raised in New Jersey, and the guy that learned to ski in 2017 (lives in a country with no snow) are instant celebrities.

Two out of the three are considered heroes
Okay, good for them...

This girl bought herself a one-way ticket to the Olympic Village fucktrain. She probably banged 5-10 absolute stud athletes over the past two weeks.

I'm jelly. Smart girl.

Back