Opinion Elon Musk's Ex Wife Grimes responds to being called a Nazi for being proud of white culture.

What is prominent on the left? Please be specific and let's see if you can avoid the obvious false equivalency in the process.

Unless you're one of those "all lives matter" types who can't understand the role of context, in which case don't bother.
The shift from color blindness being the goal to color blindness being considered racist. It's now taught in schools. It's displayed all over pop culture and the media. Shows are now called "blackish" instead of "family matters". Blackness is now of utmost importance.

The idea of white culture is ok on its face though there are many nationalities and ethnicities involved. The issue I have is why does anyone need to talk about it like that. I'm no more proud of being white than anything else. I didn't contribute those great things that changed history be they white or another color. I'm just a guy that happened to be born white. Could have gone another way but that's what I got. No need to be proud of something I didn't work for. Some of this is the fracturing of the group as Americans (insert another country) and into what tribe we come from be it politically, racially or ethnically. No need for any of this imo. My kids are half mexican and I have mexican inlaws and a black brother in law. So to this stuff I always say meh... I get it to some degree but ultimately my boys will be men who have their own accomplishments to be proud.

Culture and racial identify only matters for everyone except whites.

The only appropriate way to discuss white culture is to call out White Supremacy and how it’s the worst threat to average Americans.

Not sure if its intentional (not saying its not) by the left but there does seem to be a self identification and in some instances self segregation on the part of the black community which is a thing now in opposition to all the work put in by MLK and others. I would also agree that some of the "white culture" stuff we hear is in response to so much of this occurring. But my response is to not respond to some of the silliness I see like this. But yeah, what you are seeing is somewhat of a response to this and you are correct.

It's misplaced pride. Race is made up. It's fucking foolish. And of course, physical makeup is just as arbitrary--within a certain range of possibilities, that is. Be proud of individuals, organizations, results, but proud of what colour your skin happens to be on any given day? Utter foolishness. You might just as well be proud of having a small nose or tons of body hair.
you must be a riot on indigenous pride day

Culture and racial identify only matters for everyone except whites.

The only appropriate way to discuss white culture is to call out White Supremacy and how it’s the worst threat to average Americans.

Well again, here in the states we are largely a hodgepodge of different countries and ethnicities. For me none of it matters in terms of racial identity or pride of skin color.

Haven't read the thread.

But I'm guessing leftists can't articulate sound reasoning why every other race is allowed & encouraged to be openly proud of their heritage & culture.... but Whites & Jews.

Probably because of 'colonialism,' but they have to ignore that practically every race committed the same 'crimes of colonialism.'

you must be a riot on indigenous pride day
To celebrate a group of peeps that settled a country seems right to me as historic. Noone is saying don't appreciate history and where you came from. But in this modern world, do we really need to separate ourselves more?

Haven't read the thread.

But I'm guessing leftists can't articulate sound reasoning why every other race is allowed & encouraged to be openly proud of their heritage & culture.... but Whites & Jews.

Probably because of 'colonialism,' but they have to ignore that practically every race committed the same 'crimes of colonialism.'
I'm a minority as a conservative I guess who....still doesnt get it.

Last edited:
The migrants are mostly other types of Asians. And if there's any problems, they get taken care of

They got concentration camps for fuck's sake

China airlines literally warn chinese people of black and muslims when they fly out
Don’t understand this comment. Other Asian migrants somehow don’t count? Should we not include Mexico then since they’re our neighbor? There are African and Russian immigrants there too. Yeah they don’t take on as many as we do but it’s still an increasing number as they become bigger on the world stage

very much a racial thing too
Nevermind... I'll pass haha. Guess I didnt understand the holiday much.
"It began as a counter-celebration held on the same day as the U.S. federal holiday of Columbus Day, which honors Italian explorer Christopher Columbus. Many people do not observe Columbus Day at all, citing the lasting harm Indigenous tribes suffered because of Columbus's contributions to the European colonization of the Americas. Indigenous Peoples Day was instituted in Berkeley, California, in 1992, to coincide with the 500th anniversary of the arrival of Columbus in the Americas on October 12, 1492. Two years later, Santa Cruz, California, instituted the holiday. Starting in 2014, many other cities and states adopted the holiday."

"white culture" is not a thing
there are no historical examples, or periods of time, or any kind of precedent whatsoever, for a thing called "white culture"
"whiteness" or being "white" is an idea that is only defined by exclusion - i.e. who is not white, is all that defines whiteness

To the ignorant and the dishonest, in their mind, "white culture" is the collective culture of all people with "white skin".

They want to talk about it like this objective thing, but history has proved whiteness is always changing and not some static objective concept.

Does your "white culture" include the Irish? What about Greeks, and Italians? Was the Roman empire white? Was classical Greece white?

If you say yes, it's just an objective fact that those groups were not considered white until within the last 1-2 centuries. So "white culture" isn't so objective, is it?

What about today? Are Albanians white? Are Serbs? Are Croatians? Are Basque people white? Their skin is white, so are they part of this "white culture"?

There is of course Irish culture, English culture, French culture, Italian culture, Scandinavian culture, German culture, Spanish culture, Russian culture, etc. Which of these cultures are "white" and which are not, is ever-changing.

So when you actually understand these concepts of whiteness and "white culture", as they exist in the real world, it becomes obvious why Grimes' tweet is problematic - "white culture" is not a thing and it has never existed.

Now, I'm willing to bet that Grimes is just a well-meaning ignorant normie, and in her mind "white culture" is just the collection of cultures of people with white skin, and that she is not dog-whistling white supremacist virtue signals.
Exactly. One of the biggest advocates for white supremacy are coming from people like Nick Fuentes and Enrique Tarrio. The idea of whiteness is always changing. It’s why it will never work out, imagine the infighting if they rose to power

LOL way to go moving the goal posts to restate my position disingenuously. That's certainly no surprise, for that matter.

No, the color of your skin is nothing to be proud of. What the fuck did you have to do with it? Individual people have every right to feel pride in themselves, proud of the people close to them too, but should I be proud of something your ancestor did, for example?

Similarly, I'm grateful for having been born in Canada and I can take pride in my own and my fellow citizens' contributions to this nation and to local communities across the country that make it what it is, but it would be dumb as shit to be proud of the existence of the Rockies or the Great Lakes, wouldn't it?

So yeah, you can go around being proud of shit a bunch of other people did and I'll stick to being proud of things I actually accomplish. Pleasure, sure. Gratitude, why not. But white pride is dumb as shit and so is your comment.
Save it. We all know you wouldn't say: "What do black people have to be proud of?"

Well again, here in the states we are largely a hodgepodge of different countries and ethnicities. For me none of it matters in terms of racial identity or pride of skin color.

White culture is basically western civilization. Electricity, indoor plumbing, computers, internet, movies, modern medicine, MRIs, cars, planes, abolishment of slavery, etc..

Western medicine like mRNA vaccines?

Western medicine like mRNA vaccines?

cool-foldable-chair.gif

Asians invented a lot of stuff but all of the stuff you mentioned was started by white Europeans.
Also the US has surged ahead on AI. Just look at ChatGPT and OpenAI.

I don’t think you realise most of the modern inventions come out of China, Japan and South Korea. They have also been at the top of the innovation index for decades now.

It’s also funny that people bring up the Nobel peace prize as if it isn’t the most biased of org in the world that jerks off euro countries. One of the most useless groups ever made.

If you googled which countries provided the most impact on human civilisation. Who do you think would come up? It’s basically China, India and countries around the levant. China is actually unique that it has consistently been successful all through outs history. It’s actually amazing that they didn’t have any down time in their output compared to Europeans.

That was Elon's ex-wife? Now I want to know how his veterinarian and cousins think too.

Back