Employment sector is absolutely f-----.

Glad to see you back alphaboy. May I ask TS field of expertise and your expertise ? There is plenty of job here in Canada , and I’ve heard in the USA it’s not that bad too
Don't listen to @Versez. He just wants you to work at his local McD so you can hook him up with free fries and mcflurries.

Your first mistake was being a man who works in an office.

Pick up some tools and use your fucking hands like God meant for you.

unfortunately this isnt the 80s anymore and you can’t just show up somewhere and shit happens.

to have job where i “use tools” i would need to get a cscs card which involves studying and doing an exam, then I would have to get an apprenticeship for a few years that would pay me a fraction of what i could make from any of these office jobs that i already have experience in.

Not my cup of tea but also i just don’t have the time for all that.

unfortunately this isnt the 80s anymore and you can’t just show up somewhere and shit happens.

to have job where i “use tools” i would need to get a cscs card which involves studying and doing an exam, then I would have to get an apprenticeship for a few years that would pay me a fraction of what i could make from any of these office jobs that i already have experience in.

Not my cup of tea but also i just don’t have the time for all that.

Wrong again.

Not one single day goes by that I dont get a message through Indeed from a new company asking me to apply cause I guess a lot of places need people that have experience working around dangerous chemicals, maybe its time to switch fields

Nah i left school at 17 with nothing, worked as a chef for a few years then managed to get into the mortage consultant role through a work agency and just stayed in that customer service sector as thats all i could really get offered at this point.

Then I would say that the world is your oyster, my friend. Consider this your great reset, you get to pick a new direction for your life, and it doesn't have to have anything to do with what you've done up until this point. Is there a field that is of particular interest to you? Ideally you will find something that interests you and then fine a job that aligns with that interest that will pay you. If not, then it at the very least has to be something that you don't absolutely hate.

If there are social programs to help you either get training, or just help you pay your fucking heating bill while you are changing course USE THEM. That's the reason they exist. Being on welfare isn't your new career, it's to help you get to the next part of your life.

Anything from working for the city you live in.... water treatment/garbage management/sign &/or road maintenance...most city jobs pay reasonably well, and have good benefits.
to trades.... carpenter/electrician/plumbing... from apprentice to master there are openings.
Security, corrections etc.
to working the complaint line @ Amazon, the pay is shit, and I can't think it's "rewarding" but it is work.

Some stuff will require a little education along the way, but most of the trades are hiring, and often will even pay for the cost up upgrading your skills once you have proven yourself @ entry level.

I'm just saying maybe you're wasting your life/time on a particular field that isn't a good fit anymore? There will likely be tons of folks with degrees going for the jobs you are currently after, the pay is usually not great and, honestly maybe not a growth sector here at least. Half the support shit is farmed out to Indians that can barely speak English ffs.

Pretty sure customer service agents at my company make 30 bucks an hour.
Anyone interested send me your resume

Hook me up

giphy.gif

Apart from a summer job i briefly had last year, ive been unable to find full time employment since october 2021. Before i used to think that everyone wants experienced workers, yet nobody wants to give people experience. Now even having experience isn’t enough…

I just had a very good interview with a place i used to work for a few years ago with far less experience in the role than i do now, it went well I thought but then got the “sorry go fuck yourself, tinned beans dinner for you it looks like!” email.

i have a ton of experience, my cv/resume is good, my cover letter is good and i tweak it according to each application. But nothing…

the only time i started even getting interviews was a few months ago when i started lying/exaggerating my skills and experiences. what pissed me off about that though was the fact i was then getting follow-up interviews too for jobs that ignored my previous, non-lying application (so clearly i was competent enough for the job the entire time…)

unemployed for a year and a half now, i don’t know how i do it to be honest. I hardly live a life, cant afford to train, can’t afford clothes, can’t afford to just go out and do stuff most of the time. Nearly 2 years i’ve just had to waste prime years of my life rotting away in my house because i am forced to.
- money controls absolutely everything. I feel hopeless and helpless at the fact my entire life and wellbeing isn’t even up to me, but entirely in the hands of other human beings to decide if i get to work or not.

also, the amount of fucking retards i see working when im out and about.

At this point i feel like i will be forced to do some real scummy, desperate shit for money.

Fuck this shit. Ready to walk into the next place that rejects me and blow my fucking head off in the reception area and hopefully the janitor realises how lucky he is to be employed as he mops up all my brain matter.

the question though is “WHY?” What the fuck is this shit? Who is their ideal candidate? And more importantly “WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME THEN!?” instead of just telling me i wasn’t good enough with no further details so I can’t even learn from the experience, its like they think their interpretation of your interview entirely defines you, thats who you are and there’s nothing you can do to work on that. Warped.

i really wish i could just say “fuck it” and live like The Dude from The Big Lebowski but i can’t afford to buy the ingredients for a White Russian, i can’t even afford to live like The Dude…

I don’t want pity, I don’t want government money, I don’t want to be a bum. I just want to work and in a field i am more than qualified and experienced to do…

You can't even get a job in a restaurant or something?

Having been in the same position before a few years back, I think taking a step back might help you. Think of what you actually like doing and apply for jobs that maximize your exposure to those things. It sounds simple when saying it, but I can speak from experience that when money is tight, taking a quick breather to think is the last thing on your mind so I figured I'd bring that up.

Personal anecdote:
I always enjoyed helping people and making their days better, so I applied to a bunch of store manager positions without any expectation of getting a call. Didn't have management experience, but plenty of places needed someone given the amount of interviews I was offered. First interview I had was for a pool store manager role and went pretty well. That afternoon I got an offer for $50k + bonuses.

I sat around and did jack shit, while occasionally testing water samples. In the summer (peak season) I had to manage a team of a whopping 2 employees, who were my water testing slaves. I sat in the back and fixed pool vacuums. Pretty sweet gig.

The point is, there's stuff out there for you. Take a step back and don't sell yourself short. For every fuckwad employer that tells you no, there's some mid-level manager wanting to blow his brains out because he hasn't filled a position in months and his boss is probably on his ass for it.

Having been in the same position before a few years back, I think taking a step back might help you. Think of what you actually like doing and apply for jobs that maximize your exposure to those things. It sounds simple when saying it, but I can speak from experience that when money is tight, taking a quick breather to think is the last thing on your mind so I figured I'd bring that up.

Personal anecdote:
I always enjoyed helping people and making their days better, so I applied to a bunch of store manager positions without any expectation of getting a call. Didn't have management experience, but plenty of places needed someone given the amount of interviews I was offered. First interview I had was for a pool store manager role and went pretty well. That afternoon I got an offer for $50k + bonuses.

I sat around and did jack shit, while occasionally testing water samples. In the summer (peak season) I had to manage a team of a whopping 2 employees, who were my water testing slaves. I sat in the back and fixed pool vacuums. Pretty sweet gig.

The point is, there's stuff out there for you. Take a step back and don't sell yourself short. For every fuckwad employer that tells you no, there's some mid-level manager wanting to blow his brains out because he hasn't filled a position in months and his boss is probably on his ass for it.

thanks friend. Yeah at this point i should be less picky and just fire applications to absolutely everything i see, only good can come from it

Male prostitution, if you don’t mind sucking off old men, can earn you some decent scratch… definitely not my cup of tea but for you desperate times calls for desperate etc etc..

Back