Social Euthanasia Now Available for Drug Addiction in Canada

Safeguards for persons whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable
The following procedural safeguards apply to persons’ whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable (*indicates safeguards specific to those requests):

• request for MAID must be made in writing: a written request must be signed by one independent witness, and it must be made after the person is informed that they have a “grievous and irremediable medical condition” (a paid professional personal or health care worker can be an independent witness)
  • two independent doctors or nurse practitioners must provide an assessment and confirm that all of the eligibility requirements are met
    • *if neither of the two practitioners who assesses eligibility has expertise in the medical condition that is causing the person’s suffering, they must consult with a practitioner who has such expertise
  • the person must be informed that they can withdraw their request at any time, in any manner
  • *the person must be informed of available and appropriate means to relieve their suffering, including counselling services, mental health and disability support services, community services, and palliative care, and must be offered consultations with professionals who provide those services
  • *the person and the practitioners must have discussed reasonable and available means to relieve the person’s suffering, and agree that the person has seriously considered those means
  • *the eligibility assessments must take at least 90 days, but this period can be shortened if the person is about to lose the capacity to make health care decisions, as long as both assessments have been completed
  • immediately before MAID is provided, the practitioner must give the person an opportunity to withdraw their request and ensure that they give express consent

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/ad-am/bk-di.html#e

It doesn't sound like an addict can just walk into a clinic and asked to be hooked up to a death machine.

Also, since Health Care in Canada falls under Provincial jurisdiction, they don't have to offer MAID / limit reasoning for it (at least from a insurance coverage standpoint -- this will probably be a private clinic service.). Seriously doubt this gets added to the Health Act.

It's more or less a legality measure, not mandated offering.

Are leftists at "It's happening, and it's good" now?

Absolutely pathetic surrender by so called "doctors".

"Are you addicted to drugs? We've got the cure for that!"

LOL

Inb4: "Did you read it, huh?!?!? They need to go through an extensive process, so it's okay that it's an option."

In our inverted world this makes sense...

Having troubles in life? We have a solution, death... Canada is fucked up...

Safeguards for persons whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable
The following procedural safeguards apply to persons’ whose natural death is not reasonably foreseeable (*indicates safeguards specific to those requests):

• request for MAID must be made in writing: a written request must be signed by one independent witness, and it must be made after the person is informed that they have a “grievous and irremediable medical condition” (a paid professional personal or health care worker can be an independent witness)
  • two independent doctors or nurse practitioners must provide an assessment and confirm that all of the eligibility requirements are met
    • *if neither of the two practitioners who assesses eligibility has expertise in the medical condition that is causing the person’s suffering, they must consult with a practitioner who has such expertise
  • the person must be informed that they can withdraw their request at any time, in any manner
  • *the person must be informed of available and appropriate means to relieve their suffering, including counselling services, mental health and disability support services, community services, and palliative care, and must be offered consultations with professionals who provide those services
  • *the person and the practitioners must have discussed reasonable and available means to relieve the person’s suffering, and agree that the person has seriously considered those means
  • *the eligibility assessments must take at least 90 days, but this period can be shortened if the person is about to lose the capacity to make health care decisions, as long as both assessments have been completed
  • immediately before MAID is provided, the practitioner must give the person an opportunity to withdraw their request and ensure that they give express consent

https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/ad-am/bk-di.html#e

It doesn't sound like an addict can just walk into a clinic and asked to be hooked up to a death machine.

Sad to say I'm so jaded because of the narcissism epidemic brought about by social media that I think it will be easy to find doctors who will sign anything if there isn't any punishment for abuse. I can totally picture some dirtbag doctor with a narcissistic personality endorsing this and posting on their social media how brave they are for helping Drug Addicted Johnny end his misery.

Reactions: mon
Inb4: "Did you read it, huh?!?!? They need to go through an extensive process, so it's okay that it's an option."
Also: "You can only talk about this once it's been fully approved and implemented not beforehand."
The fact that they're thinking about it is part of the same problem.

Pretty surprising to see this happen. I'd definitely lean against it but I need to know a lot more information about how things will work.

Honestly, this has the potential for a fantastic debate, especially if people could set aside their political biases etc.

It's an undesirables extermination program, that's been clear for a while. The lefties will keep refusing to see it. They're too attached to the mental idea of the cherished nanny state taking care of everything for them while they sleepwalk through life and wash their hands of all critical thinking and personal responsibility. For someone in that mindset, the scariest thing possible would be to realize that the state isn't a nanny but a hag in the woods trying to transform you into meatloaf. That's OK though, denial fixes everything, at least until it doesn't.

Euthanasia has ALWAYS existed for drug addicts.
Hot shot ftw.

suicide-booth-futurama.gif

January 2027 - Euthanasia in Canada now available for the hell of it.

Here's something to think about -

The US prison system has made lethal injection extremely expensive by being forced to construct chambers in which the process happens, along with the three chemicals being stupidly expensive.

Leave it to the Canadian Universal Healthcare System to adequately lower the cost of lethal injection to be affordable for thousands of healthy people to kill themselves at the price of ONE death row inmate to be killed in America.

Personally, I'd be in favor of everyone sentenced to life imprisonment to be given the option of lethal injection.

The cheap Canadian version.

Why not have a way for people who just don't want to live anymore to check out providing there are appropriate checks and balances whatever their reasons be ?

Sad to say I'm so jaded because of the narcissism epidemic brought about by social media that I think it will be easy to find doctors who will sign anything if there isn't any punishment for abuse. I can totally picture some dirtbag doctor with a narcissistic personality endorsing this and posting on their social media how brave they are for helping Drug Addicted Johnny end his misery.

There's no shortage of doctors doing unnecessary plastic surgery, sex changes, including on children, and abortions.

I personally think that it comes with the caveat that you have to have been to rehab and you have to have attended x amount of mental health sessions before you're eligible then it's fine.

If people are going to kill themselves anyway it at least makes it less traumatic all round.

I'll admit ignorance that I don't know what phase this is in and take your word for it. But, should this even be a consideration? I would say the slippery slope here would be pretty nuts, but this on its own is pretty nuts.
Agreed. Who the fuck possibly thinks this is a good idea to the point it is even at this stage? Though very left leaning, I'm pretty anti most drugs in the first place, and really despise the amount of drug addicts in my little Canadian town and how the people who use them behave. I don't think they should have the option of being put down though.

I do, in my own way, support it in terminal cases and have read some very sad yet beautiful stories about husbands and wives dying together. But a guy whose fucked and probably has nothing in his life dying alone because he isn't seeking the proper method of getting clean? That's insane to think about

"life too hard after our Great Reset? can't afford food because of radical climate change agendas and rent because of a self-made housing crisis? are you homeless or addicted to drugs because of our policies? here's a way out"

fucking despicable. this is what they will offer to everyone when living in a pod, owning nothing, and eating a tube of cricket paste becomes unbearable.

Back