Social Euthanasia Now Available for Drug Addiction in Canada

Why not have a way for people who just don't want to live anymore to check out providing there are appropriate checks and balances whatever their reasons be ?
Lol then let's abolish the mental health laws and let people take themselves out.

Are people in this thread against MAID generally or just in this proposed circumstance? Because I have personally known three people who used MAID since it became legal in Canada and my personal observations are that it was the best choice for the people that used it and their families. This first was one of my closest friend’s mother in law back in June 2016. She had stage four lung cancer and was suffering quite badly. The other two were friends of my parents that were in their late 70s or early 80s, one had cancer and the other had some degenerative condition that was similar to ALS, but I don’t think was ALS specifically, and both occurred in the last year or two iirc. What I found most interesting is that my parents didn’t seem judgmental about their friends’ decisions like I thought they would be given that my folks were hardcore Catholics.

I never understood opposition to MAID. I get the slippery slope arguments, but they’re pretty weak and far fetched, and not compelling enough to warrant banning MAID across the board.

Are people in this thread against MAID generally or just in this proposed circumstance? Because I have personally known three people who used MAID since it became legal in Canada and my personal observations are that it was the best choice for the people that used it and their families. This first was one of my closest friend’s mother in law back in June 2016. She had stage four lung cancer and was suffering quite badly. The other two were friends of my parents that were in their late 70s or early 80s, one had cancer and the other had some degenerative condition that was similar to ALS, but I don’t think was ALS specifically, and both occurred in the last year or two iirc. What I found most interesting is that my parents didn’t seem judgmental about their friends’ decisions like I thought they would be given that my folks were hardcore Catholics.

I never understood opposition to MAID. I get the slippery slope arguments, but they’re pretty weak and far fetched, and not compelling enough to warrant banning MAID across the board.

The argument for medically assisted suicide has always been contentious, but always centred on physical pain and quality of life (paralysis, advanced dementia etc)

The far fetched slippery slope is now being discussed when it comes to mental health. When you start bringing in ailments of the mind, where do you draw the line? Extreme grief? Schizophrenia? I've worked with too many people who have had catastrophic mental break downs who in their darkest moments would have offed themselves if a non taboo way was available. Thankfully all of them are still alive and managing it they best they can.

ANYBODY over the age of 30 should have the right to die humanely if that's what they want. Nobody should have to be trapped in a life they despise.

All they need is to be able to cover the expenses so tax payers aren't left to foot the bill.

The argument for medically assisted suicide has always been contentious, but always centred on physical pain and quality of life (paralysis, advanced dementia etc)

The far fetched slippery slope is now being discussed when it comes to mental health. When you start bringing in ailments of the mind, where do you draw the line? Extreme grief? Schizophrenia? I've worked with too many people who have had catastrophic mental break downs who in their darkest moments would have offed themselves if a non taboo way was available. Thankfully all of them are still alive and managing it they best they can.

Yeah offering euthanasia for horrible terminal illnesses is one thing but when you read stories like this is raises a few concerns

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...pian-christine-gauthier-stairlift-euthanasia/

This is a culling program. We are going to see a dramatic rise in "depression" as the economic situation gets worse and worse in the coming years. We already have a major housing crisis. Our government is making it clear to us that the only solution it is providing is to cheerfully facilitate our suicides when we give in to despair and drug addiction. This is a program to get rid of "useless eaters", basically eugenics with a cute and cuddly name. To see people in here trying to defend it or minimize it is disturbing but not surprising.

Yeah offering euthanasia for horrible terminal illnesses is one thing but when you read stories like this is raises a few concerns

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-n...pian-christine-gauthier-stairlift-euthanasia/

That sounds like a case of a deranged caseworker employee from Veteran Affairs trolling. The article says Veteran Affairs Canada investigated four instances of a caseworker bringing up MAID, all leading back to the same employee, who was subsequently fired. It then goes on to say that VAC’s official policy is to not bring up MAID to veterans at all.

Last edited:
If you have some health or social issue you have to pay every year for not be euthanized. Having arthritis or being unemployed or single are enough for the state euthanasia
Except it isn't the state , it's getting the state out of people's lives and giving them autonomy over their person.

I cannot understand how people don't see the dangers in this. It's not like we aren't aware that society is full of ghouls who would want to abuse this and push pass the boundaries of decency
Of course there are dangers , there needs to be a process to mitigate and hopefully eliminate them.

I knew they would expand the program to get rid of social undesirables when they loosen the medically assisted suicide rules last year. I wouldn't be surprised if doctors will actively recommend this to their patients with chronic conditions a few years down the road.

Sauce: Canada Will Legalize Medically Assisted Dying For People Addicted to Drugs (vice.com)
Canada is so far off the rails it should read as a terrifying reminder for anyone thinking about voting for a Democrat in the US.

Except it isn't the state , it's getting the state out of people's lives and giving them autonomy over their person.

Suuure

https://www.igor-chudov.com/p/assis...185&post_id=138186255&isFreemail=true&r=x2a5a

"Assisted Suicide for BABIES Demanded by Quebec College of Physicians
Canadian MAiD Program to Expand Dramatically
"

"Watch Dr. Louis Roy, from the Quebec College of Physicians, telling the Commons' Special Joint Committee of Medical Assistance in Dying (MAID) on Oct. 7 that his organization believes MAID can be appropriate for infants up to age one who are born with “severe malformations.”"

But don't worry you can trust doctors , they're all loving, caring and always for the patients rights.

"A supposed “safeguard” requires a physician’s approval in any decision to euthanize infants. Will it protect infants from ill-considered euthanasia decisions?

Not necessarily. Consider Dr. Green, a MAiD enthusiast who loves providing and advocates for euthanasia. Dr. Green has already euthanized over 300 people, and she loves her job!
"

You're definitely vaxxed, certainly your username checks out. Around the level of 3, still capable of thoughts but limited in emotional understanding and nuances. But lets not digress on others stupidity and get to the underlying drivers of this sweet poster child of love

"When Medical Assistance in Dying, dubbed MAiD, became legal in Canada in 2016, Dr. Green was exhausted from 20 years of doing maternity work and was looking for a change.

So, she switched from beginning-of-life care to end-of-life care.

"One's a delivery in. One's a delivery out," said Dr. Green. "They're similar in terms of they're both incredibly intimate moments. They're milestones in someone's life. They are intense."

Dr. Green has helped some 300 people die in the last five years and says she doesn't feel burned out. Quite the opposite.

Dr. Stefanie Green found her calling and is not feeling burned out - quite the opposite - experiencing intense emotions administering euthanasia to her patients
."

I'm sure there is a term for people that feel intense, perhaps addictive feelings on being responsible for ending a life.

"What are the chances that doctors such as Dr. Green, who love the intense emotions they experience from euthanasing people, would safeguard the lives of infants? You tell me.

(Enter casssshhh stage left)
Organ Harvesting
The infants who will be euthanized by the likes of Dr. Stefanie Green are not considered valuable enough to live. However, they have valuable organs that could be harvested and given to more deserving children
."

"While euthanasia is not a well-paying procedure, performed often by enthusiast doctors like Dr. Green, who experience intense emotions that they value, organ transplantation is a thriving and big-money business benefiting doctors, surgeons, and hospitals.

Organs do save lives. I get that. But does the opportunity to harvest organs from an infant who cannot object to his or her euthanasia present ethical problems? Is there an unsolvable conflict of interest?
"

Only someone with the depths of emotions like a sun shower puddle can answer this easy emotional quandary. Perhaps in the land of WEF they can start a rehabilitation job placement scheme for hardened criminals looking to prove themselves rehabilitated .......

Back