Social Ever done an ancestry DNA test?

You aussies are too scared to fuck roos, dingos, cassowarys and emus. And after you gave all the koalas gonorrhea, well, we all know why there's more sheep in Aus than in NZ...
Not afraid just not aroused by furry animals. Enjoy your sheep

If I did, I'd prefer to use someone else's credit card and address and not use real name.

I plan to commit some crimes so I don't do it.
I thought I read blood donors have their DNA in many people.

Nope, I haven't, I don't want to find out that my dad is the mailman.

There's no other explanation. 2 manlets cannot create normal sized people.
Two manlets? Hate to be the one to break this to you, but you're adopted.

I'm white from white countries. But I do tan nicely. To look at my family you would think we are Scandanavian---All blue eyed, tall, mostly blondes (I was as a kid then it turned dark, and now it turned light again lol).
The test said Irish and mixed with the Vikings who came, and English. My Wife is the exact same, Irish and English. We are all 100% American, and drink cheap light beer and love BBQ.

I did. The results basically revealed that my mom has a different father than her brothers.

https://www.ancestry.com/dna/

I've always wanted to try this but now that I took the time to check it out I learned the site ancestry.com doesn't ship their DNA kits to Europe. It seems to be the best one but I'm wondering if there are any EU alternatives?

They claim to match DNA across many different cultures and people. Is it for real or is it a kind of pseudoscience?

It's real but it's not an exact science. What these companies do is take DNA samples from populations around the world. When you have your DNA tested, it's compared to that DNA. With a little math, they come up with what percentages you share with those regions.

It's called autosomal DNA testing. Essentially, it's looking at your entire genetic makeup and assigning a percentage. What you'll find is that we are all mutts. If your father was Italian and your mother is Greek for instance, most people would just assume that you are 50/50 but that's not how it works. You inherit a bit of DNA from every single one of your ancestors back to the beginning of humanity. What you end up with is a culmination of all of that genetic material that you have inherited. So in the above example, if one of your grandparents was German, you may or may not inherit a tiny percentage of that and so on.

It's a good starting place and will tell you the complete amount of DNA you've inherited but that's about it. It's not an exact science and the percentages are going to be based on the populations tested. It's not going to flat out say that you are Italian for instance. It might show that you are 40% Italian, 30% Greek, 20% German, 10% Dutch, etc.

If you care about your family name and want to see where your father's line came from, there's a bit of a unique genetic marker on all males called Y-DNA. You inherited your Y-DNA from your father and he inherited his from his father and so on. It never changes. Because of this, you can trace your exact lineage from 1000s of years ago to see where your grandfathers came from. That IS an exact science and is really cool. Ultimately, we all end up in Africa but it's pretty crazy to see how we spread out and settled all around the world and the different branching paths.

For us in America, it's a bit more of a challenge because a lot of us don't know how we got here. Y-DNA can help there to at least tell you where your father's line came from before the states.

Apparently I'm 1% Native American as a Dutch guy. *shrug*

No, but a sister did a version of it. We're exactly what we always thought.

My mom was adopted. Got blood family out there that I wouldn't consider family...

Just cause you born family, don't mean you stay family... - Tupac "Birdy"

I did something similar when i was younger and kind of regret it. First youre just giving your DNA to a company and who knows what their doing with it. Second i had someone reach out via the app because i was her closest blood relative on the app that she never new about because her dad wasnt really her dad and one of my relatives was really her dad. I told her it alone as she was older.

I don want to. I am Québécois and looking at my family tree, it all goes back to France. There is supposed to be other stuff in there but very marginal, <10%.

I wouldn t want to find out i am a mutt.

I did. The results basically revealed that my mom has a different father than her brothers.
what site? I'm looking at different ones and it still looks like Anestry.com leads by miles so wondering if the others will be as turrough.

what site? I'm looking at different ones and it still looks like Anestry.com leads by miles so wondering if the others will be as turrough.
I went with 23 and Me because they also offer health stats.

Whats the point? Who cares what your "make up" is... Its evident to yourself and everyone around you who you are.

This is you paying to have a 3rd party harvest and share your genetic data.

I'm 0.2% African, isn't that exciting??? No. No one cares.

Enters thread he doesn't care about to tell people about how he doesn't care

Back