Ever yell at someone at work?

Only once that I remember. We had a bunch of volunteers come in on a campaign I was working on and someone sent them all away. It took a bit to get them to come in and the person sent them away in ignorance.

I’ve gotten nasty to the point of not being proud of it once.

I have a lot of patience for idiots but my god this one person was such an F up and it was impacting my work so badly. Got HR called on me and I AM HR!
Fat Hispanic woman with a pseudo degree alert.

Been there too. Staff unfortunately have a knack for taking on the culture of inmates over time. Gotta remind them who the block boss is every now and again, and it can be done without ever even talking to them.

Recently had an inmate give me a bunch of shit in front of a group of STG guys. Cracking jokes and laughing. Just sat there with a smirk while he kept riffing. When he turned to walk away he got the, "Hey, where you going? Come back, stand right here." The unit sergeant then explained who I was and dude turned white. I just asked him. "Have you learned your lesson?" He sheepishly nodded and I sent him back to his block. He was new to prison and young, still being educated so I let it slide. Before he left I did touch on the valuable lesson though, which is to not do that kind of shit to people you don't know, especially in prison. Other inmates will smile and laugh in front of you, even though they're boiling inside. Then they'll slice your throat while you're sleeping over the most trivial shit.

Bingo! Inmates can dig their own grave when it a Security Threat Group involved. Certain STGs will be forced through their by-laws to green light those inmates. Especially if it is the same race and brings heat to the block. It's business and we need to keep all that in check. It isn't about being tough as that one knucklehead tried to say to me; it is all about the natural order of things.

An alpha male never yells necause it is a sign of fear and a loss of control. It is what emotional women do and it is the same as screaming
An alpha male fixes his cool steely gaze on the problem worker and whispers "do better" and the pack shapes up right away.
If an alpha male as to use violence he will only do so in an emotionally detached, silent and logical manner

I prefer quiet judgment.

judging.gif

Considering my past and current jobs. Yes. Often.

The best time was CAX training in Cali near 29 Palms. Had our Squad leader, who was a Sgt. give us an order during training that I said no to. I was a team leader and still a Lance Corporal at the time (with 2 more combat tours than him as he was Intel prior) It was a stupid order that could get guys killed in a real combat zone, and has before. He bitched to me on the radio and I just said I’m not doing it. When we were done and brought it in I walked up to him, gave him the finger to his face and yelled at him the classic F* you.

Had a talk with the platoon sergeant and the squad leader after. Got my ass chewed a bit but I was right. That wasn’t my or others last issue with said squad leader either. Nice guy though, just should not be in charge of a squad just because of his rank when lives are on the line.

Last edited:
Ive been known to yell at a few employee's over the years before i retired. I would probably have just fired TS. He doesn't seem like he would have been worth keeping.

Several years ago, I had a full on meltdown at a famous woman with a knighthood, and her male lackey. They were let down by my company and my colleague, I had a different, less paying role despite being in the same uniform and was tired of covering administration's arse for less money than my coworkers, so she shouted at me very rudely when I tried to avoid her (until my colleague arrived). I shouted the worst profanities back, developed big time sensory overload and stormed out.

I'd go into more detail, but to be honest, one od my greatest fears is that I'd find a video of it somewhere on YouTube. I'm definitely ashamed of it.

I was suspended for a month, given a twelve month written warning and was offered a position doing what my colleagues did, as well as having my pay brought in line with them.

I felt a lot better, but after a few months, the managers wanted me back down where I was, but on a higher rate. I did it (£8 am hour from £7.20 an hour was a big deal), but I got no respect from my colleagues, the administration or my managers, had to beg my managers at the end of every month to change the rate to what was asked of me (and they kept screwing it up), and nearly had another meltdown in front of another angry passenger, because the manager that agreed to my step up refused to do it minutes prior and I felt so weak and despondent. I was put under investigation but nothing come of it.

I realised that I HAD to change, or my shame and frustration would cause me to become unemployed. Despite being unhappy for seven years, it took me about a month to find a far better, better paying job.

I make no excuses. I learned the lesson that mental pain falls in a cup of tolerance, and that cup can cause a right mess if it's allowed to overflow.

Back