Ex-coach of Francis Ngannou told the story why he left him

Good thing I don't watch this sport to see nobel prize candidates slap and scratch each other.

If you were watching the interview of Fernando Lopez in Ariel Helwani show he told some interesting things

- Francis have never paid the gym fee in 4 years (600 usd per year)
- Francis did not want to promote Cyril Gane to the matchmaker, he just told them he was so-so
- Francis did not want to assists Ferando Lopez daughter with a situation at the airport since she asked him to lend money and promise to send it back

So that means, Francis is a little bit greedy or what do you think? I guess that is why Francis have had issues working with managers since he does not want to pay them neither.
not sure if real beef or them trying to build the fight...Francis seems like a diva though so I would totally buy it if he's this ungrateful student

Wait, the trainer left because Francis didn't want to lend money to his daughter when she (presumably) missed a flight?

Sounds like the trainer is the one pulling the greed card... Surely he's not doing this for work experience?
Did you conveniently miss the part where Fernand gave Francis free training, food, and a home?

You're dumb.

Did you conveniently miss the part where Fernand gave Francis free training, food, and a home?

You're dumb.

Did you conveniently miss the part where Francis put Fernand on the map?

I don't like Francis, but I wouldn't even know who Fernand is is it wasn't for him, and neither would the many people who joined his gym in the wake of Francis's succes.

You're not dumb, you're just naive and childish.

I don't like Francis, but I wouldn't even know who Fernand is is it wasn't for him, and neither would the many people who joined his gym in the wake of Francis's succes.

2 sides to every story my friend.

Fernand is training killers like Gane, Imavov, and great prospects like Gadzhiev. I think it was inevitable he was going to end up on the map. Fernand also happens to be the guy who convinced Francis to switch from boxing to MMA - all while taking him in as a homeless guy.

Childish and naive would be blatantly ignoring this side of the story like you do.

Surprise surprise.
A promising fighter is also a narcissistic selfish prick. Come on. Every fighter that's easily beating people is just like that.
It's part of the game.

Literally everyone of these immigrants are coming over with that mindset.
Social Media doesn't help either, making these dudes feel like the only thing to aim for is the limos & champagne lifestyle.
It's become a dog eat dog world. These people would literally drop their grandmothers over the boat if that meant they could "make it".

Everything in current world is about making it no matter what, at the expense of the guy next to you, even if he helped you.
If you can somehow get the massive amount of success & money, it's all worth it, no matter how many bodies you stack up.

Maybe the world was always like that, we just were more naive back before the internet and social media? I don't have a clue.
But that's how it is.

No, there are plenty of down-to-earth fighters, whose parents/grandparents and trainers mean the world to them.

Khabib is a perfect example. Loved his father, respects his mother, now devotes his life to the same team that helped build him into a champion. Stays with the people in his life forever.

Justin Gaethje, bought his parents a home, wants his mother to retire, stays loyal to the people in his camp.

Hell, Bobby Green gave a pretty heartfelt speech how he lost all these people in his life, but still was able to achieve. His first action, after he smoked Al Iaquinta, was to pick up his trainer as the winner.

The really are loyal people in this world — which makes people like Francis Ngannou look like thankless pieces of ship.

I think it is very possible you are the dumbest person on sherdog.

You sound like a huge pussy too

You got all of that from one post? Lmao.

Actually I was commenting on someone else's post by saying that everyone has become a bunch of over dramatic little bitches these days, and you just took the grand prize... Go eat some tofu and take the sand out of your vagina you limp wristed little cuckold.

Big ol' LOL at you proving *beyond doubt* my *exact* description of you. Stop flexing your micro-penis, it's unbecoming of a male.
06fd2d373568d024652a90dd967db2a4.gif

***Bonus points for your actual real-world

135.png

Reactions: 613
If what he said about never paying g.fees is true, it's pretty hard to defend that.

LOL another revealing post. Jesus you blow, but others have already responded to this shart of a thought of yours.

While I sympathize with the trainer. We are only hearing one side of the story. He's obviously butt hurt, maybe even slightly betrayed? You can't trust everything a jealous Ex says.

I'm sure the trainer got a percentage cut, probably 5 to 10% off of each of Ngannous purses. In those situations, it's perfectly normal to not seek yearly gym fees. Also, the gym promotion of having a UFC gym fighter training in your gym is no joke. A gym can make tons of money off that. It's like training with a celebrity.

Without Ngannous side, take what his Ex trainer says with a grain of salt.

Wait, the trainer left because Francis didn't want to lend money to his daughter when she (presumably) missed a flight?

Sounds like the trainer is the one pulling the greed card... Surely he's not doing this for work experience?
Is the the same trainer that gave Francis a home and opportunities when he was homeless?

Fernand is committed and very serious about growing MMA in France. He works out other deals with fighters who cannot pay the fee.

He seems like a good guy. If true, it’s a shame Francis is so unappreciative. Happens too often these days

I'll be rooting for cereal gone. Ngannou's drama is getting old.

I am not surprised he hadn't payed his gym fees. Cheap as well.

2 sides to every story my friend.

Fernand is training killers like Gane, Imavov, and great prospects like Gadzhiev. I think it was inevitable he was going to end up on the map. Fernand also happens to be the guy who convinced Francis to switch from boxing to MMA - all while taking him in as a homeless guy.

Childish and naive would be blatantly ignoring this side of the story like you do.
All I'm seeing is a list of contenders that weren't on anyone's radar until Francis went on a tear.

Why does Francis owe Ferdnand anything? Surely he's made enough money and gained enough credibility from training a world champion as it is? Why is Francis expected to make nice with the competition in Gane or pay other's bills at the drop of a hat - don't start on the gym fees ffs, you're talking about a couple of grand, I'm sure if he asked for that he would have revieved it on the spot.

Again, I don't think Francis is particularly likeable, and he's about as genuine as his written age... So why are we crying about a scorpion stinging a tortoise after piggybacking it across a river? It is what it is... Hopefully Gane wins and balance is restored to the force... But idgaf about the TMZ bullshit.

Big ol' LOL at you proving *beyond doubt* my *exact* description of you. Stop flexing your micro-penis, it's unbecoming of a male.
06fd2d373568d024652a90dd967db2a4.gif

***Bonus points for your actual real-world

135.png
Glad you got it all figured out... Youre projecting an awful lot, but then kids today tend to do that.

I don't care about anyone involved in this story whatsoever, but to say Ngannou needs to do anything for a trainer who is also makes money off handling his competition is ridiculous.

Last edited:
Back