Francis going southpaw cost him the Joshua fight and lead to the KO. Why did he do it? Francis gifted Joshua the win

i know, without exp that would tend to do that. one thing i notice about the streetfights I see online is that it seems that in 95 percent of the cases where a guy gets an edge or even a knockdown and the other guy doesn't know how to turn the tide, that's not the case in boxing, a guy gets knocked down, we've seen a lot of fighters come back and win from that. I'd think experience is the major factor, same for ngannou, he looked confused and lost in expression.
Francic confirmed that after the 1st knockdown he was done

Francic confirmed that after the 1st knockdown he was done
It may've concussed him for all we know but his legs were still under him. He didn't show any ill effects physically after the first knockdown. He only looked out of it after the second knockdown. Regardless of whatever you'd like to believe, switching stances isn't why Francis lost. Joshua dropped him in both stances. He had no trouble finding him at all. That's a fact.

It may've concussed him for all we know but his legs were still under him. He didn't show any ill effects physically after the first knockdown. He only looked out of it after the second knockdown. Regardless of whatever you'd like to believe, switching stances isn't why Francis lost. Joshua dropped him in both stances. He had no trouble finding him at all. That's a fact.
Francis said in the Ariel interview he was done after the first knockdown he got knockdown because he went Southpaw.

Francis was not doing bad until he switched southpaw as soon as he turned southpaw the right straight was open for Joshua and he dropped Francis with it.

After this Francis was done, he was still rocked and not really able to recover and this lead to the other knockdown and the knockout

Francis going southpaw was the beginning of the end.

Joshua is a good fighter with good power but there is no way Joshua would keep his pace for 10 rounds. Joshua would eventually slow and allow Francis to use his size and durability to wear on Joshua. The fight did not last that long for us to see this.

Francis should have used a high guard and pressure Joshua with his physical presence not try to exchange with him. Joshua biggest flaw is his composure and durability.

Francis should have tried to conserve energy and be defensively responsible in the first rounds before starting to rough Joshua up in the clinch. Francis actually has a good shot at beating Joshua but he blew it by being over confident

Joshua still should have been the favourite but Francis sold himself short by going southpaw. WHY?

Francis robbed the fans by going southpaw.

No it didnt. He was completely out of his depth from the start.

His reaching for Joshuas jab killed him. But he never ever had a chance to win that fight.

Francis said in the Ariel interview he was done after the first knockdown he got knockdown because he went Southpaw.
The issue here is that Francis has said a lot of things. Like him saying he felt tired in the dressing room and that he didn't feel himself from the very start even before the first knockdown occurred. These are typical post-fight excuses. We've heard them many times before.

No credible analyst would ever attribute his loss to him initially turning southpaw. His problem was two-fold:
  1. He couldn't hit AJ with anything solid to try and capitalize on his puncher's chance.
  2. His defense is terrible which meant that not only could AJ land consistently, literally at will, but also with full power.
That's it. His choice of stance wasn't responsible for him getting knocked dead. It changes neither of the above.

Its one of the many excuses he’s using. He’s taken his loss really badly and is using excuse after excuse. He’s starting to sound like wilder, after his first loss to fury

Losing because he switched southpaw is as fuckin salty an excuse as him complaining about the time difference and fight time. He lost because Joshua is a better technical boxer, quicker, more experienced against other boxers, moves his feet better, hits harder, and if Francis really was done after the first knock down, he has a far better chin as well. Your doubling down on this is just making you look foolish

Its one of the many excuses he’s using. He’s taken his loss really badly and is using excuse after excuse. He’s starting to sound like wilder, after his first loss to fury

in wilders defence, he lost for the first time to a white baldy and im not a racist or some shit but ... ya know what im trying to say.

25080452-0-image-a-6_1582441461894.jpg

Well, there went that theory @Leon Edwards.

Francis Ngannou:
“This was all my choice [going southpaw]. Even in southpaw, my defense is more sharp than orthodox.

In the southpaw, to take a hit from the right back hand, this is something that in sparring never happened, and I've been there so many times practicing. With the same southpaw [stance], I think we basically won the fight against Tyson [Fury].”

Francis Ngannou:
“This was all my choice [going southpaw]. Even in southpaw, my defense is more sharp than orthodox.

In the southpaw, to take a hit from the right back hand, this is something that in sparring never happened, and I've been there so many times practicing. With the same southpaw [stance], I think we basically won the fight against Tyson [Fury].”

watching the fight all I could think of was he is lucky that as Joshua not Usyk.

Usyk may be smaller but he is so much more technical, with traps on traps.
Frank "cis" nogawdno would have gotten hurt real bad there

Francis Ngannou:

Francis said that after the knockdown he was finished

Frank say that his defence is better in southpaw but he has never shown this

Going southpaw cost him to get beat the way he did

he likely did it because the commentary celebrated his usage of SP during the Fury fight. He thought he was doing the right thing but simply hadnt been formally introduced to the big boys. He displayed a lack of knowledge. He bought into his own narrative.

Francis said that after the knockdown he was finished

Frank say that his defence is better in southpaw but he has never shown this

Going southpaw cost him to get beat the way he did
Notice he isn't blaming him turning southpaw for his loss though. Only you are. He has no real defense in either stance but according to him in sparring he got hit less when he switched to southpaw. That's why he felt comfortable doing it in this fight.

watching the fight all I could think of was he is lucky that as Joshua not Usyk.

Usyk may be smaller but he is so much more technical, with traps on traps.
Frank "cis" nogawdno would have gotten hurt real bad there
Yeah it would've been a cumulative beating but the damage would start to add up pretty quickly. Usyk would be nailing him with stiff jabs & sharp straight left hands at will.

Notice he isn't blaming him turning southpaw for his loss though. Only you are. He has no real defense in either stance but according to him in sparring he got hit less when he switched to southpaw. That's why he felt comfortable doing it in this fight.
He is not using it as excuse but it obvious that turning southpaw was a mistake as it lead to a knockdown he never recovered from

He is not using it as excuse but it obvious that turning southpaw was a mistake as it lead to a knockdown he never recovered from
He was knocked down twice from the orthodox stance. Didn't get back up from the last one. He's not using it as an excuse because it wasn't the issue. Instead he's making other lame excuses.

Francis was not doing bad until he switched southpaw as soon as he turned southpaw the right straight was open for Joshua and he dropped Francis with it.

After this Francis was done, he was still rocked and not really able to recover and this lead to the other knockdown and the knockout

Francis going southpaw was the beginning of the end.

Joshua is a good fighter with good power but there is no way Joshua would keep his pace for 10 rounds. Joshua would eventually slow and allow Francis to use his size and durability to wear on Joshua. The fight did not last that long for us to see this.

Francis should have used a high guard and pressure Joshua with his physical presence not try to exchange with him. Joshua biggest flaw is his composure and durability.

Francis should have tried to conserve energy and be defensively responsible in the first rounds before starting to rough Joshua up in the clinch. Francis actually has a good shot at beating Joshua but he blew it by being over confident

Joshua still should have been the favourite but Francis sold himself short by going southpaw. WHY?

Francis robbed the fans by going southpaw.
This is terrible take. Francis looked like he didn't belong in there. He was getting Ko'd no matter what you think. He didn't try and trade with Joshua and when he got ko'd he was just standing there flat footed and lights out.

Saying Francis has a good shot beating Joshua is laughable because we know how this fight went. Joshua trained, showed up and made it look so easy that I dont think Francis should have any more Boxing fights. Massive achievement in getting those two big paydays but he should retire or go back to MMA.

Joshua doesn't need 10 rounds to beat Francis, he showed Francis can be finished early on. If Fury took his fight seriously he would have done the same.

Francis was way too cocky before this fight and this is another reason he got ko'd.

This loss has exposed the real Ngannou, a giant baby who had yes men reassuring him because they want money. I'm down for a rematch, Ngannou getting obliterated again would bring me joy.

If there's no excuse for Fury being humiliated by Ngannou, then there's no excuse for Ngannou losing that fight in such a brutal way.

His defense is too poor against hard punchers.

It's his 2nd boxing match only after all, so he did rather well considering what he did to Fury.

Back