Examples of fighters that has lost simply because they underestimated their opponent?

Did Shogun underestimate Forrest or did he lose because his legs were shot from all the surgeries?

I remember Keith Jardine talking about how pissed off he was he had to fight Houston Alexander because he was nowhere near his level. That one didn't go so well.

Anderson+Silva+Pretends+Not+to+Get+Hurt+-+UFC+162.gif

tumblr_mpkkkodLAX1qaa8d1o2_250.gif

McGregor Poirier 2

Conor would have won were it not for underestimation

The only reason McGregor can’t win is that he can’t bring himself to take seriously someone he’s knocked out so easily before
nicholas-cage-funny.gif

Rampage vs Jardine is better than Forrest!!

Forrest is terribly underrated around here because of one fight..

I don't think Conor looks good anymore, he looks like he is out of his prime. The speed and timing is not like it use to be.
looked like Prime Conor against Cerrone!!
FarflungSmugCuscus-size_restricted.gif

KaleidoscopicImaginativeDassie-size_restricted.gif

the problem is elite fighters like Poirier/Khabib studied Conor's fighting style, he hasn't evolved at all is the same Conor 2016.

Poirier is another man he has evolved his defensive striking, his offensive striking, his wrestling, his fighting IQ and even his jiu jitsu.

Conor however stopped in time, he can only beat second class fighters like Cerrone now.

I also want to mention Hendo- basically every time he landed the H-Bomb (even if he didn’t win, he would make it close)

like, it was a weapon that kept working against fighters who were sure they had his number all the way up to the end of his career.

I like how Moreno fights, but if point wasnt deducted in first fight, Fig would have won
I was also implying that the judges were trash like they are on every card. Just now, one judge gave all three rounds to Fiziez, who clearly lost the 3rd round to Green.

rockhold bisping 2. it was pretty much a career ender too, that was the beginning of his slide.

Eddie Alvarez underestimated Conrat.
If he had taken him seriously he would have made a gameplan to take Conrat down and wrestle with him.
Eddie did try to take him down multiple times tho?

Eddie did try to take him down multiple times tho?

He had no set up. This was not a gameplan.
He was static. He didn't circle or move.
Very poor gameplan.
This is the worst performance of Eddie Alvarez. Maybe he had an injury or didn't sleep well.

Seems like you never saw the first fight when Rockhold tapped him with 1 hand literally......
completely different fight Bisping hadn't figured out the left was Rockholds kryptonite yet

Rockhold never learned to keep his hands up after strikes theres no way him taking Bisping more seriously would have fixed that hole Bisping had him figured out in that fight

Interesting thought. My take on the Mcgregor/Poirier saga is that Dustin was always the better fighter. Even though Conor knocked him the fuck out the first time, it kinda feels like a fluke today. It was a weird punch that dropped Dustin, they both moved up to 155 after and Dustin did better things there.

Maybe Conor underastimated him in the second fight due to the easy result in 2014, but he learned in the third fight Dustin is actually elite.
Dustin did better things at 155? Was he a champion?

Todd Duffee, against Mike Russow. Should have ended the fight early, instead played around too long and we got this:
ExcitableRadiantDassierat-size_restricted.gif

Now and forever onward, the Hammerfist of Doom is legendary.

Back