F.C.C. Repeals Net Neutrality Rules... Thanks Trump.

This post is a total waste of time because it has already been established earlier ITT that Obama essentially didn't have any choice about appointing that knob to the commission, but it was totally Trump's choice to make him chairman and push his agenda to eliminate net neutrality. You can't blame this on the Dems. If it weren't for them, there wouldn't have been any regulations to repeal. So, despite your claim you are anti-partisan, your post is basically blaming Obama in the one case where the blame lies solely with Republicans.

Yep. People may not like the dominant interests of each party and generally dislike the way things are going, but one party votes against the working and middle class interests and scrap consumer protections at every opportunity.

"Both parties are the same" is just lazy and plainly false based on the voting records of each.

DRB0y-tVQAAMAT2.jpg

Punchable face=understatement

dont be naive

Verzion, ATT and others managed to slow down to a crawl, and in some instances stop google from rolling out its own fiber and offering it to customers

if second biggest company in the world cant manage to beat US telecoms and their lobbyists (+ insane market entry costs), how do you think a random company/individual with much less money will do ?

https://gizmodo.com/what-happened-to-google-fiber-1792440779

This really explains it all. Google and Amazon are the most powerful companies in the world atm. If fvking Google can get cock-blocked into starting its own ISP theres no fvking way in hell anyone else will be able to enter the market.

Did Elon Musk just cower and quit when someone told him that it would be impossible to design, develop and bring to market an electric vehicle that could compete with other more notable electric vehicles. Did he quit and cower when it seemed impossible to over take and out do giants like Lockheed Martin, Northrop or Boeing in the rocket business? No he didn't. He pulled his white foreign ass up by his boot straps and pressed on as an outsider in both those industries. If a business whats to get into the internet field, then they are free to do so. Will it be easy? No. But to say that this is the end for anybody but the giants in the telecommunication industry is silly.

Municipal monopolies don't apply to a municipality as a whole. It's broken up within the municipality. For example, I use to live in a town in Maryland, and within that town Verizon, ATT and others had certain areas that only they could offer service. In my area Verizon was the service provider. A half mile down the road it was ATT. But this all fell in the same town.

Elon Musk offers vehicles that are nowhere near price competitive with big automakers.

He carved out a niche market for himself - which is not even remotely comparable to the ISP situation.

His business has no effect on a competitive consumer electric vehicle market.

This post is a total waste of time because it has already been established earlier ITT that Obama essentially didn't have any choice about appointing that knob to the commission, but it was totally Trump's choice to make him chairman and push his agenda to eliminate net neutrality. You can't blame this on the Dems. If it weren't for them, there wouldn't have been any regulations to repeal. So, despite your claim you are anti-partisan, your post is basically blaming Obama in the one case where the blame lies solely with Republicans.
I don't think you seem to understand me. Exactly what side am I'm defending? Hint ; None.

Nice tuck of anything I had to say besides you getting triggered about, "oh fuck, democrats, collusion, can't have that on my narrow-minded tribalism plate" :rolleyes:

Trump isn't any different. He's renegade on almost every single one of his campaign promises except for the ones that cause the most public discord and fighting. Where's the term limits for senators and congress men? But at least we got the *token* lobbyist ban, oh wait how well has that worked out? Oh hey let's go back to Afghanistan or how about lets invade North Korea or Iran..

Were you fuking dropped as a kid?! @Rebound59

Last edited:
Yep. People may not like the dominant interests of each party and generally dislike the way things are going, but one party votes against the working and middle class interests and scrap consumer protections at every opportunity.

"Both parties are the same" is just lazy and plainly false based on the voting records of each.
It's not lazy. What's lazy is we only have a two party system.

Being Bipartisan is a thing and fuck you if you don't believe in it. Why so tribalistic and over what? Where is my praise of this decision? Where is my MAGA or Change we can believe in dong slobbing? Where is my reviling in corporations posts and my hating the little man posts? You won't find any.

It's not lazy. What's lazy is we only have a two party system.

Being Bipartisan is a thing and fuck you if you don't believe in it. Why so tribalistic and over what? Where is my praise of this decision? Where is my MAGA or Change we can believe in dong slobbing? Where is my reviling in corporations posts and my hating the little man posts? You won't find any.

The two party system isn't lazy, it's quite deliberate. Having a PR system of some variety would help but Rs and Ds have too much to lose.

Bipartisanship is a good thing, I never said it wasn't.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was really as it doesn't relate to my post from what I can tell.

net-neutrality.jpg

This is just one of many scenarios that internet providers could put in place. Those prices won't be this low, I bet. If the repeal stands, we're getting reamed.

my internet is still working fine......it worked fine ever since the internet started. I haven't read all 19 pages but everything seems ok. So when will the internet be "broken"?

a question I have about this...

if companies then choose to throttle their speeds, or charge more for certain services or whatever....

why wouldn't competition still apply? would not the company that doesn't resort to those things intice more customers?

you know, like the cell phone market and the unlimited plans? Verizon doesn't have the total dominance it used to.....
edit: I realize that if you live in a rural locale (as I do) that you could be screwed either way due to lack of competition already

24% of the US only has one option for a ISP. It's going to turn to a shit industry.

my internet is still working fine......it worked fine ever since the internet started. I haven't read all 19 pages but everything seems ok. So when will the internet be "broken"?

Cliffs: Your internet may eventually become faster/slower based on the website you access if net neutrality ends. Speeds are now going to get more complicated than just a flat amount based of what company pays more to the ISP or is interconnected with the ISP more.

god damn the head of the fcc is such a tool. hes just straight trolling now. its not like some random moron on a forum trolling or even a blowhard who gets off on his own ego like ben shapiro. its the head off the fcc. yes youll still be able to do all this shit but at what price?

This is how dumb Trump and his admin thinks the American people are.

How did we survive before obama saved the internet in 2015?

The two party system isn't lazy, it's quite deliberate. Having a PR system of some variety would help but Rs and Ds have too much to lose.

Bipartisanship is a good thing, I never said it wasn't.

I'm not sure what the point of your post was really as it doesn't relate to my post from what I can tell.
Yes that's the problem, it is quite deliberate. It's also easy to control, manipulate, and direct or herd society in a planned direction.

Reps & Dems meet behind closed doors all the time while publicly *acting* as they oppose each other.

It's not hard to see what's going on here. It's just the case of good cop, bad cop routine and we're all falling for it.

More parties allows or at least gives chance for more significant changes imo and less absolute power.

How did we survive before obama saved the internet in 2015?
As others have posted throughout this thread, it was (as I gather) due to the FCC. Now the FCC can't do anything (seems to be what I'm seeing).

Cliffs: Your internet may eventually become faster/slower based on the website you access if net neutrality ends. Speeds are now going to get more complicated than just a flat amount based of what company pays more to the ISP or is interconnected with the ISP more.

but that didn't happen prior to 2015 or whenever net neutrality began so why will it be different? I'm not an expert on any of this but I am typically not in favor of regulation (not a fan of big government or government intervention overall....obviously not in all cases but in many). My internet worked fine (cost, speed, access, etc) pre-net neutrality. All the hyperbole about this makes me skeptical. Maybe it is because I am philosophically libertarian (but pragmatically it doesn't work for everything imo)

Yes but this will obviously spill over into censorship of speech as well. This is what I care about it.

Yes that's the problem, it is quite deliberate. It's also easy to control, manipulate, and direct or herd society in a planned direction.

Reps & Dems meet behind closed doors all the time while publicly *acting* as they oppose each other.

It's not hard to see what's going on here. It's just the case of good cop, bad cop routine and we're all falling for it.

More parties allows or at least gives chance for more significant changes imo and less absolute power.

You don't believe Obama/Clinton/Wheeler/Warren/Schiff were pro NN? What about the 2 FCC commissioners who voted no?

Back