Faber "KO" #6 on ESPN's Sportscenter Top10 and described as "lights out" by hosts... WTF?

Pretty cool that mma highlights are regularly cracking the top 10 on S.C. to be honest. I don’t know why you’re so upset.

Most high profile fighter ESPN is aware of gets high profile.

I don't beliiiiiiiiieve it

I don't really have a problem with it. May not be 100% accurate but they are celebrating Faber's comeback win and that's pretty cool.

Of all the things to complain about.

I just saw the actual clip and the commentators never even said lights out. Why you lying TS?

"That was Urijah faber clocking ricky with an overhand right, the thing was over in 46 seconds"

Pretty cool that mma highlights are regularly cracking the top 10 on S.C. to be honest. I don’t know why you’re so upset.
What?
MMA highlights makes the top 10 all the time when something truly sick happens. For example, an amazing flying knee from Masvidal or another from the PFL last month.
How much MMA do you watch?
The strike Faber landed happens in almost every event and wasn't even a KO lol, and yet it had a highlight sheet written for it by ESPN calling it LIGHTS OUT.
Here's a second question for you: Did you watch the whole event? Can you, with a straight face, tell me no other moment from the entire night was a better highlight than Faber's punch?

I just saw the actual clip and the commentators never even said lights out. Why you lying TS?

"That was Urijah faber clocking ricky with an overhand right, the thing was over in 46 seconds"

I believe they have multiple hours in a row of live Sportscenter.
In that clip they still try to reaffirm that the other guy was "done" and how OVER it was... a bunch of BS lol.
Like watching a con artist go on stage and reassure a bunch of rubes how their "secrets to real estate program" is "Totally not a scam"

It was a legit stoppage, no clue how u survived since 2007.

What a total joke of a sport and sports relationship ESPN has created.
This event had multiple SICK KOs, spinning kicks and so forth and the only play they picked for their daily top 10 was Urijah landing a forehead shot against a guy who then stumbles. And then they just make up some bullshit about the guy being out?

This just minutes after dedicating a segment on Sportscenter where they let Bisping rant about how Faber deserved a title shot.

Can it be more blatant what a promotional scam is being run by ESPN and WME to just blindly milk random names with no concern for actual talent or ranking? The average person watching must be dumb as shit if they can keep doing this stuff.

Its UFC on espn.. It has to be tone down to casual fans now. :*(

I didn't dispute that, I was disputing him "stumbling from a forehead shot" which is also total fantasy.

At the end of the day though it's the 11:00 top 10 on a Saturday night so I doubt most of the demographic they would be targeting to recruit as new fans would be watching anyway.

They were probably just overly caught up in a pretty good comeback story for a 40 year old in a lower division to come out of retirement to pick up a win like that. Especially since he hasn't finished anyone like that in over a decade.

Not really a big deal or conspiracy theory worthy event IMO dude.
lol yes, the billion dollar sports org where people are on the clock earning their living ISN'T spinning it and is just "enthusiastic" simply because their job happens at 11pm on a Saturday?
Guess who is also working on weekends? Strippers, UFC management, random criminals, random bar workers everywhere, uber drivers....the list goes on.

It was a legit stoppage, no clue how u survived since 2007.
It was a dubious stoppage, but my comment has nothing to do with that and everything to do with it being the only highlight they used from the event and described it inaccurately.

Honestly, whatever man. You could tell how happy Faber was to win and the guy has had a long career, he deserves his last few moments in the limelight.

Honestly, whatever man. You could tell how happy Faber was to win and the guy has had a long career, he deserves his last few moments in the limelight.
lol what? Circular reasoning much?
He had a long career because they kept him in the limelight and he had plenty of time to enjoy that.
Did you forget that his last fight before this was already a Sacramento swan song against a low tier opponent?
The guy's last good win was in 2013 against Michael McDonald. I think 4+ years of being kept around due to celebrity status is plenty. And now instead of "enjoying a last moment" (which happened in 2016 when they gave him Pickett), he is going to be promoed for a title shot that will hold up two UFC divisions. Is that just "enjoying a last fight" to you?

It's not like pro basketball or baseball where you stash a Juwan Howard on the bench for their veteran experience.... it's a 1 v 1 sport with like 500 total main card fights a year for THE ENTIRE ORGANIZATION and we've got 40 year old getting paraded around like he is some contender after landing a single head shot on a ducking opponent during a 1st minute swing-off in his hometown.

I just realized Faber’s talking mannerism is little bit like Shawn Michaels.

Ironically now he’s also starting to get too old to be called “kid”.

I'm glad Faber got a win but he has no business fighting Henry. That would be a very bad night for Him.

What?
MMA highlights makes the top 10 all the time when something truly sick happens. For example, an amazing flying knee from Masvidal or another from the PFL last month.
How much MMA do you watch?
The strike Faber landed happens in almost every event and wasn't even a KO lol, and yet it had a highlight sheet written for it by ESPN calling it LIGHTS OUT.
Here's a second question for you: Did you watch the whole event? Can you, with a straight face, tell me no other moment from the entire night was a better highlight than Faber's punch?

MMA highlights in the top ten are becoming less rare and virtually never appeared prior to the ESPN deal. I think Brock Lesnar made it when he TKO’d Randy once.

A well known fighter coming out of retirement as a sizable underdog to take out a rising star in less than a minute is top ten worthy. You should calm down before you have an aneurysm. There were definitely more spectacular knockouts last night. I’m on an mma forum at 4 in the morning and you don’t think I watched the event? The masses tuned in to watch Faber. He pulled off the upset. It’s top ten worthy. I’m sorry you’re so troubled by this.

Back