Facts that blew your mind

If you were on a spaceship that only went 65mh, it would take longer than the first inverse has existed to just reach the closest star to us. And astronauts can’t burp in space..

And if we went as fast as we've ever sent something in space it would still take 70,000 years to reach the next solar system.

It's my big argument why aliens aren't visiting us... possibly ever.

The north of Poland borders Russia.

Seriously. Look at a map.

The north of Poland borders Russia.

Seriously. Look at a map.
ptyxhdw0im271.jpg

And if we went as fast as we've ever sent something in space it would still take 70,000 years to reach the next solar system.

It's my big argument why aliens aren't visiting us... possibly ever.

It is entirely possible that no living being could survive space travel at the speed that would be required to make interstellar travel possible.

if you hit a spec of dust at anything remotely close to light speed it is going to approach nuclear bomb levels of impact force.

And if you get going that fast, you need to stop.

Based on what we know of physics it legitimately may be impossible.

Velociraptors were really only roughly the size of Turkeys. They still could rip a mofo apart, but they were not big.

I just realized that Blues Travelers hit song "Hook" is actually written over the chord progression to "Pachebel's Cannon"

So besides the song being, one of the best 'Fuck you's ever written to the music industry, did it by recycling, arguably probably the 2nd most recycled piece of music ever, really really clever little poke at how they just want to cash on in the same old crap.

They had written 3 albums, presumably from the heart, then their record company was like "yeah but, how about a catchy single?" so they said here's fucking pachebals canon, sell this.
And IT WORKED.
Smells like teen Spirit is essentially Boston's More than a Feeling.

If there are 23 people in the same room, there is a 50/50 chance that two people have the same birthday

I remember when I was younger and saw Dances with Wolves, I pretty much thought thats what normal Native Americans were like. I started reading history and was I sorta blown away by all the slavery, genocide and murder long before the Europeans came. To this day you can blow a progressives mind by telling them how many Indians fought for the south in the civil war because they wanted to keep their slaves.

The Mandela Effect is hard to accept, because of how much faith the average person has in their own memory, but it is certainly more rational than believing in a massive complex and expensive conspiracy to change the quote on a single, very similar sounding word in a near-90 year old cartoon because ... reasons.

It's kind of scary, really, in it's ability to cast doubt on one's perception and recollection.

My crazy fact:

A single day on Venus lasts over a year on Venus.
The planet orbits the sun every 225 Earth Days, but takes 243 to complete a revolution on it's axis.

My crazy conspiracy theory:

Sherdoggers don't actually average 6'5".
They are ~6'3".
It's true. I'm sad to say: but at only slightly over 6'2" I am one of the one's dragging this fine group of individuals down to midget class.

Someone said liking women with PPs is not gay and he was at most only 90 percent gay.

Back