FAKE Gloves Thread ebay, Grants, Reyes.

hey guys, new member here...signed up just to comment on this thread

recently some idiot decided to steal my boxing bag that had my genuine winning 14oz purchased at an official winning supplier in suidobashi, tokyo
they were 260 yen.
alsp my rival 12oz bag gloves were in there lol

so i bought those cheap grant gloves (red and black in the vid above)
bcoz they were on auction on ebay i thought they must be real and someone was selling them coz they 'stopped boxing'
they arrived yesterday and there actually not too bad if there fake ahahah
itll take time to break them in though
but the quality was A1 and thats coming from someone who is a diehard winning fan

Welcome to the forum!

You bought the same exact ones from Electric California? If so, they might be the same. If you have pictures could you please post them?

I think there's a possibility that this seller is selling b-grade grants. Like honestly. It sort of checks out. I mean, Grant has done this in the past. Grants split thumb has a pretty unique feel, and the pair I bought had that grant thumb... I don't even know anymore.

It's definitely possible

It's not uncommon for factories to put together copies "after hours", usually this gear bears some similarities to the original as the same people make them using the same equipment... Just worse quality. My mate worked for a brand that did this

I like that video too. Some very valid points on the video although at times the experts get a little too carried away with the truth.

New here aswell, signed up to ask about these Twins

What do you guys think about these Twins Special on ebay? I'm pretty sure they're fake but I have no clue since they didn't upload their own photos. BTW, i'm new to muay thai and boxing, would you guys recommend me taking a risk and getting those Twins Special or should I take the safe route and go with these Title Classic Pro for bag work and maybe a little bit of sparring as I progress. (most likely going with 14oz and if you guys have any suggestions for gloves $40 or less, it would be very much appreciated)

Thanks in advance!

DON'T GET THOSE "TWINS"!!! Definitely fake. Also those must be their own pictures because pictures of real Twins don't look like that.

I once bought a pair of reyes from a seller on ebay. They sold only Reyes gloves and equipment, and the feedback they received was very positiv. The quality of the equipment was superb and they were saying how even though the delivery came direct from mexico that it was very fast etc...

I ordered a pair of 10oz gloves and they took a suprisingly long time to arrive. I contacted the seller and he was quick to respond and sounded very professional.

6 weeks later my gloves arrived and as soon as i opened them i was instantly disappointed! Gloves looked like cheap low quality "leather". Didnt even smell like leather, fit was awful, padding felt very uneven inside the glove and the stitching was substandard, they just looked "off".

I thought id give them a go anyway but was far from impressed, the most uncomfortable and crappy feeling gloves iv ever worn.

Contacted the seller and go no replies at all.

These counterfeits are being sold right here on sherdog.

I imagine that in certain places the distinction between counterfeit vs. imitation is much fuzzier than in others. So the fact that a lot of us are buying gloves that are made explicitly in imitation of Winning gloves and giving open advice and praise to these gloves and glove makers, can give the impression that we want the same product (including the brand name and logo) even if it's not actually made by Winning. Obviously, no one here wants to buy fake gear—just quality gear for a fraction of the cost. Nevertheless, I can at least see how someone from the outside might mistakenly think that we want to buy fake Winning or Grant gear even with the knowledge that it is fake. In that regard, our friend might not have realized that what he was doing in asking for advice on how to make better counterfeits was not acceptable.

I imagine that in certain places the distinction between counterfeit vs. imitation is much fuzzier than in others. So the fact that a lot of us are buying gloves that are made explicitly in imitation of Winning gloves and giving open advice and praise to these gloves and glove makers, can give the impression that we want the same product (including the brand name and logo) even if it's not actually made by Winning. Obviously, no one here wants to buy fake gear—just quality gear for a fraction of the cost. Nevertheless, I can at least see how someone from the outside might mistakenly think that we want to buy fake Winning or Grant gear even with the knowledge that it is fake. In that regard, our friend might not have realized that what he was doing in asking for advice on how to make better counterfeits was not acceptable.

I dont think any of us... Atleast not that im aware wanted a winning logo on any other company making a winning inspired glove.

Rather many of us used winning as a platform to build on it and make further improvements much like other well known glove companies have done before. None of the gloves sport the old school look but they took that design and improved on it. Keep in mind winning didnt invent the boxing glove they simply improved on it, in terms of protection.

The glove has evolved and will continue to evolve.

I think anyone wanting knock offs or fake gear is doing it will ill intentions to either resell the gear in hopes of making money or to pass it off as genuine. Otherwise improved will be made and should be sought after.

Back