Favorite Coen Brothers Movie

Andersons Foot

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
The Coen Brothers have an extremely impressive filmography. O Brother, Where Art Thou? was one of my favorite movies growing up, after seeing that I watched anything I could with their name on it. I ended up on their Wikipedia page and was kind of shocked at how impressive their body of work is.

Raising Arizona
Blood Simple
Fargo
No Country for Old Men
Miller's Crossing
The Big Lebowski
Barton Fink
O Brother, Where Art Thou?
Inside Llewyn Davis
True Grit
Burn After Reading

I have a few to catch up on, but I'll stick with my childhood favorite O Brother. So what say you, what's your favorite Coen Brothers film?

Poll?

tumblr_o6cio6uGsd1slsalco1_500.gif
giphy.gif

True Grit followed closely by No Country.

Really tough call. Love Blood Simple, No Country, Big Lebowski, True Grit, Barton Fink, Fargo, O Brother and The Man Who Wasn't There ... they're all top shelf films.

Miller's Crossing is the one that really stands out for me though

Favourites would probably be Millers Crossing, Lebowski, No Country and True Grit, hard to pick one out as they differ in style quite considerable but Miller's is I think definitely there most underrated film, best gangster film of the 90's next to Pulp FIction.

Last edited:
No Country and oh Brother are two of my favorite films , Fargo is pretty brilliant too

I think i got the Coen brothers mixed up with the Farrelly brothers.....this thread isn't nearly as funny as i thought it might be. But No country was good.

Really tough call. Love Blood Simple, No Country, Big Lebowski, True Grit, Barton Fink, Fargo, O Brother and The Man Who Wasn't There ... they're all top shelf films.

Miller's Crossing is the one that really stands out for me though

I think you could argue if you had to sum them up in one film Millers Crossing would perhaps be the best, its got a little bit of everything they do well.

There best badguy next to Anton as well...

600px-Mc-webley4.jpg

Last edited:
Being a M. Emmet Walsh fan, I would go with Blood Simple. But Raising Arizona, Miller's Crossing, and Big Lebowski are up there in my rankings.

I think i got the Coen brothers mixed up with the Farrelly brothers.....this thread isn't nearly as funny as i thought it might be. But No country was good.
I used to get them mixed up with the Wachowski brothers .... I no longer have that problem....

The Coen Brothers have an extremely impressive filmography. O Brother, Where Art Thou? was one of my favorite movies growing up, after seeing that I watched anything I could with their name on it. I ended up on their Wikipedia page and was kind of shocked at how impressive their body of work is.

Raising Arizona
Blood Simple
Fargo
No Country for Old Men
Miller's Crossing
The Big Lebowski
Barton Fink
Inside Llewyn Davis
True Grit
Burn After Reading

I have a few to catch up on, but I'll stick with my childhood favorite O Brother. So what say you, what's your favorite Coen Brothers film?

Poll?

tumblr_o6cio6uGsd1slsalco1_500.gif
giphy.gif
didn't enjoy the big lebowski at all, and I don't know if I've seen even half that list (my loss) but I love No Country for Old Men, one of the few films that keeps me thinking all these years and without having to rewatch it. O Brother, Where Art Thou? with George Clooney was ... so so, he just isn't convincing to me in those semi-comedic roles though I did like him in Burn After Reading, just that the novelty of Brad Pitt's ability to act goofy was lost on me by that point.

Fargo
No Country for Old Men
The Big Lebowski
Burn After Reading

seen those 5 for sure, and all the fargo series

Not one of there greatest but as far as their more minor comedies go I'd say the recent Hail Ceaser! was underrated, not so much a film a series of sketchs but most of them good, "would that it were so simple".

I used to get them mixed up with the Wachowski brothers .... I no longer have that problem....
At least we will never confuse them with the Zucker brothers...they rule...haha

I think you could argue if you had to sum them up in one film Millers Crossing would perhaps be the best, its got a little bit of everything they do well.

There best badguy next to Anton as well...

600px-Mc-webley4.jpg

Yeah JE Freeman was a show stealer tbh. RIP

Millers Crossing has been on my list of movies to watch. I really want to get to it, but I just haven't been in the crime drama mood for quite sometime. Which is weird because I love crime films.

Millers Crossing has been on my list of movies to watch. I really want to get to it, but I just haven't been in the crime drama mood for quite sometime. Which is weird because I love crime films.

Its not really your classic gangster bioepic ala Godfather, Goodfella's, etc, more a kind of scheming noir thriller with good characters/drama.

Back