fedor beat past prime fighters “base” on his fan logic

I think personally between 20-30 pro fights that peoples bodies start to wear down and thats more of an explanation of prime than actual years fighting. I know there are anomalies to this but the normal person is gonna slow down after that fight mileage.

Nog(killed by big country)
Nog(killed by big country)
Crocop(killed by big country)
Randleman(no offense to him but hahaha)
Arlovski(I know)

I know no shame in being destroyed by werdum, just annoying how people make excuses.

Roy Nelson (killed by Arlovski)

Fedor did not have too many relevant opponents to mention in the first place. If you mention a few of his key victories you've pretty much destroyed exposed how bloated his record really is.

Nah, unfortunately you new pups just have no idea who most of the people are.

So who are his good wins then?
Big Nog 2x
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Tim Sylvia
Mark Hunt
Mark Coleman 2x

Off the top of my head. Some of these wins are a bit overstated by his fan base for various reasons.

If you arent a fan of Fedor,you just dont like fighting,and thats all there is to it. No one respects 15 yr old contrarian edgelords back when fedor was on top,they sure dont respect em now. Find a new place in life.

I haven't seen anyone claim his tenure is the ticket to being passed prime.

It was evident in his performances that he just stopped setting up shots, became oblivious to his amazing grappling, and would just wing shots, and look to brawl.

Gave up his slick hand traps, parries, he stopped gameplanning which he was amazing at, and his reflexes slowed significantly. He didn't engage in grappling hardly at all unless he was pushed into it.

If you can't see the difference in the Fedor that fought Sylvia and the Fedor that fought everyone after, then you are blind because that was the last fight Fedor was truly prime in.
It’s because he was fighting Sylvia you moron. Everybody looks good fighting him. Ray Mercer beat Sylvia way faster and definitive than Fedor in Sylvia’s next fight.

Randleman's prime was around 02-04 based on Cro Cop/Rua(Arona-Hendo era Rua).

Fans were saying he was getting out of his prime because they actually watched him fight. Fedor was 34 years old with 33 MMA fights. Plenty of guys today are washed up before they even touch that number. Just for reference, Stipe Miocic is 35 years old, but only has 20 fights. Let's see what he looks like after 33 fights. We won't....because he will never reach that amount.

Fedor looked horrible against Arlovski and Rogers. He completely abandoned his ground game and strictly became a head hunter. He was fading before the Werdum fight.
It’s not about fight quantity but who you fight. Most of Fedor’s early fights were against cans and light heavyweight/middleweights.

It’s because he was fighting Sylvia you moron. Everybody looks good fighting him. Ray Mercer beat Sylvia way faster and definitive than Fedor in Sylvia’s next fight.

And Sylvia was in worse shape and gained a bunch of weight after the Fedor fight.

Sylvia was top 5 in the world at that point.

And it's the techniques and methods he used to beat Sylvia that he stopped using at that fight, moron.

It’s not about fight quantity but who you fight. Most of Fedor’s early fights were against cans and light heavyweight/middleweights.

Fedor fought Arona in his 4th fight and Babalu in his 8th. Stipe's first 6 opponents don't even have Wiki pages....I've never heard of any of them. I completely agree Stipe had a tougher stretch, his last 7 opponents are all world class minus Arlovski who is shot to shit. Fedor never had a stretch like that. However, let's not forget the guy has faced Cro Cop, Big Nog x2, Coleman x2, Randleman, Werdum, Hunt, Sylvia, Arlovski, and Hendo. Those guys are all HOF type fighters.

As for the size thing, I would hope you can ignore that considering Fedor was undersized for a ton of his fights.

Tim Sylvia was UFC Heavyweight Champion the previous year. He was 263 lbs. for Fedor. After Fedor beat him, he took a year off and showed up well over 300 lbs. against Mercer and was a fat slob from then on.

And Sylvia was in worse shape and gained a bunch of weight after the Fedor fight.

Sylvia was top 5 in the world at that point.

And it's the techniques and methods he used to beat Sylvia that he stopped using at that fight, moron.
Sylvia was in horrible shape against Fedor also. What technique? Wild sloppy windmilling punches and a choke that Sylvia gave to him? High high level stuff

Fedor fought Arona in his 4th fight and Babalu in his 8th. Stipe's first 6 opponents don't even have Wiki pages....I've never heard of any of them. I completely agree Stipe had a tougher stretch, his last 7 opponents are all world class minus Arlovski who is shot to shit. Fedor never had a stretch like that. However, let's not forget the guy has faced Cro Cop, Big Nog x2, Coleman x2, Randleman, Werdum, Hunt, Sylvia, Arlovski, and Hendo. Those guys are all HOF type fighters.

As for the size thing, I would hope you can ignore that considering Fedor was undersized for a ton of his fights.

Tim Sylvia was UFC Heavyweight Champion the previous year. He was 263 lbs. for Fedor. After Fedor beat him, he took a year off and showed up well over 300 lbs. against Mercer and was a fat slob from then on.
I like hiw you come up with excuses for Sylvia losing to Mercer in 9 seconds. Mercer was a 50 yr old brain damaged boxer making his mma debut against a 33 yr old multi time ufc heavyweight champion. No matter what you try to say that is a terrible terrible loss and looks horrible for mma. Mma fans have tried to seeeo that under the rug for years.

Sylvia was in horrible shape against Fedor also. What technique? Wild sloppy windmilling punches and a choke that Sylvia gave to him? High high level stuff

Lol it's clear you miss the nuances of fighting more than likely because you have never trained.

That and judging by your other conversations on this and all the other Fedor hate threads you are just a rather skilled troll.

Go to a gym, find enjoyment in things other than trolling, there is life out there.

I like hiw you come up with excuses for Sylvia losing to Mercer in 9 seconds. Mercer was a 50 yr old brain damaged boxer making his mma debut against a 33 yr old multi time ufc heavyweight champion. No matter what you try to say that is a terrible terrible loss and looks horrible for mma. Mma fans have tried to seeeo that under the rug for years.

I never made an excuse at all. I said Sylvia was a fat bastard that fight. It's still no excuse for Mercer beating him.

Not sure if it was you or someone else, but they tried to downplay Fedor's win against Sylvia. It was a year prior and Sylvia weighed 260 lbs for that fight. He was 310 against Mercer. So don't compare the two. What are we going to do next, discredit Randy Couture for beating Sylvia a year prior? After all, Sylvia lost to Mercer 2 years later...

Back