Fedor injures knee in training camp preparing for Mir, will still fight.

Just don't start with any pre-fight excuses. At their age, both fighters are dealing with old and new injuries all the time. And Mir has suffered a lot more beatdowns and KO's than Fedor.

its not an excuse if its a minor injury but if Fedor blew his knee out then how could it not be? If Drysdale came out before the fight and said Mir blew his kneee out I wouldn't call that an excuse. Thats just shitty, unfortunate luck.

First thought:
...shit, that sucks

Second thought:
...probably means he will use his grappling a lot more...yes!

Third thought:
...Mir is the wrong guy to grapple with an injured knee...damn it!

I had a motorcycle accident and suffered bursitis in my knee (basically fell on my knee). Ice and Ibuprofen took care of it in less than two weeks.
With that being said, bursitis can be very bothersome and in severe cases may take a lot longer to cure. We don't know how bad Fedor's situation is. I hope he has a good physician to take care of the problem.

I had a motorcycle accident and suffered bursitis in my knee (basically fell on my knee). Ice and Ibuprofen took care of it in less than two weeks.
With that being said, bursitis can be very bothersome and in severe cases may take a lot longer to cure. We don't know how bad Fedor's situation is. I hope he has a good physician to take care of the problem.

Thanks for the info. Did you suffer ligament damage from your accident? Never heard of bursitis before but the fact that its something that was caused by something as brolic as a motorcycle crash tells me that its not a good thing for a 41 year old Fedor who has a fight in 6 weeks.

Thanks for the info. Did you suffer ligament damage from your accident? Never heard of bursitis before but the fact that its something that was caused by something as brolic as a motorcycle crash tells me that its not a good thing for a 41 year old Fedor who has a fight in 6 weeks.
No, I did not suffer any ligament damage, just inflammation of the bursa (it is a pocket filled with liquid that serves as a cushion between the bones).

Does it really matter? Fedor doesn't do what it takes to win anymore, he just throws wild loopy punches and hopes for the best.

It's sad to see your fav's get old and go on too long. Ah, Saku, you were too good for this world.

Does it really matter? Fedor doesn't do what it takes to win anymore, he just throws wild loopy punches and hopes for the best.

It's sad to see your fav's get old and go on too long. Ah, Saku, you were too good for this world.

Yea the fact that hes training in Stary Oskol is just sad. Cant expect good results with that kind of approach. To add a knee injury to that doesnt give him much of a chance.

Fedor just has to keep his distance and land the right shot on Mir the way Hunt did.

I hope Mir takes his knee home.

Or Chael double legs it into Bolivia.

It's time for Mirko to jump in and beat Mir up. Then beat Nelson up. Then fight for the GP again lol

Maybe fedor will be using more kicks this fight.Fedor hasn' used them since breaking monsons leg with them.

I had bursitis in my shoulder during training and it took a month for it to heal substantially. The first week I couldn’t move my arm more than an inch or two without terrible pain.

pinch of salt come to mind. Having seen recent pictures of him in the gym I thought he looked in good shape, better than the Matt fight anyhow. This is very unlike Fedor's camp to release such sensitive information even though we know he has fought multiple times injured, we usually only find out after the fight. Games being played I reckon.

Huh!? We’ve been told whenever Fedor fought with an injury on numerous occasions prior to his fights. Foot, hand, knee, etc.

It might be a case of...

FAN A: Fedor hurt his knee a few weeks before the fight.
FAN B: How can you tell?

It's not like Mir will leg-kick him into oblivion.

Jarl

its not an excuse if its a minor injury but if Fedor blew his knee out then how could it not be? If Drysdale came out before the fight and said Mir blew his kneee out I wouldn't call that an excuse. Thats just shitty, unfortunate luck.
It's shit that it's made public

Unless Its a tactic

I’m hoping that Sonnen wins this tournament.
I just want to see the reactions of a 185/205 ib fighter winning a heavyweight tournament.

I’m hoping that Sonnen wins this tournament.
I just want to see the reactions of a 185/205 ib fighter winning a heavyweight tournament.
Sonnen weighed 185 for his fight with rampage? weird

Back