Fedor Was Great, but Not GOAT

shame that all the amazing fighters respect him and most of you girlie men throw shade at a great man.

People are really this stupid? Hey, I love threads like this. It allows me to block morons so I don't have to see their posts again and that makes sherdog a halfway decent place.

Idiot TS. you should just delete your post and save some face.

What does his fight with Maia have to do with Askren vs GSP?

Oh yeah, Askren is a “can” just like Fedor. I’m surprised you’re not calling GSP a fan for tapping to strikes from bloated LW Matt Serra.

LOL you come off as the new casual who compensates for lack of knowledge on the sport by putting down everything you weren’t around for.
<JonesLaugh>
GSP would literally beat that bum Askren with one arm tied behind his back

Now move along and go cry in your run down favela playboi

<rawsun>

Right now people would argue Jones is the GOAT, by destroying everyone he comes against, or was it Silva maybe Fedor.... unlike other sports, MMA is changing so fast that Fedor was the best at that time, but ever is a tough thing to say.

Idiot TS. you should just delete your post and save some face.
tumblr_plz3si4SLJ1udfb8oo1_400.gifv

giphy.gif

He fought the best guys in PRIDE, as it had the best HW division of the time.

He even ended his career in S-force, which produced multiple HW champs. Ofc that was at the ass end of Fedor's career.

Your argument is fucking retarded, as is that of every UFC dick sucking shill.

Should we bring up all the UFC guys who have gone to other orgs and promptly lost?
Or guys form other orgs who came to the UFC and dominated?
Interesting how that doesn't fit your agenda.

There are dozens and dozens of fighters who have called Fedor the GOAT.
Their opinions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours
Dude you're WAY too emotional about this. I don't know about you but I'm just a fan of the fight game. I don't earn a UFC, Strikeforce, Bellator or One FC cheque and I don't get a kick back from any fighter. That understanding allows me to not really get overly caught up in any one fighter or league.
There are a dozen people who said an African born blond haired hippie with a Mexican name turned water into wine after walking on it.
I'll happily discuss other fighters careers when we are having conversations about them. I did mention that he beat some UFC greats because I do agree that he is a great fighter Again I am a Fedor fan.

To all the "Fedor is the GOAT" people. With the struggles of former 18-0 undefeated Ben, who could just as easily be 0-3 as he is 1-2 in the UFC. To the Branch who was 2-2 in his first UFC run (and lost lost to Rumble, before becoming a 2 division champ, coming back to the UFC to put up a 2-3 record. To Brandon Vera, best known for KOing Mir and getting brutally beat by Jones while racking up a 7-7 record. He left to become the One FC HW champ. Ryan Bader is undefeated in Bellator and the list goes on.

Can we finally agree that no matter how good or even great he was or how successful he was, his true status will alway be questioned because he didn't come over and consistently fight the best guys available at the time (who knows maybe he would have beaten some)?
When he was fighting the 1-0 Choi Hung-Man's and the coming off a loss Tim Sylvia's, getting beat by 'finding my second life Werdum, couldn't cut it in the UFC Big Foot and MW Hendo, he should have been in the UFC fighting guys like JDS or Cain (if he shows).
Does he have big wins, even over some UFC greats? Hell yes. Does he have some sad losses, even against UFC flops? Hell yes.

Just to be clear I have rooted for Fedor in almost every fight. The exceptions were Cro Cop, Meathead and Bader.

All that typing to try and get people to agree with your opinion.

<{cruzshake}>

Right now people would argue Jones is the GOAT, by destroying everyone he comes against, or was it Silva maybe Fedor.... unlike other sports, MMA is changing so fast that Fedor was the best at that time, but ever is a tough thing to say.
The sad thing is the guy I consider the goat is a fighter I couldn't tolerate watching and that GSP. @paynebringer there I fucking admitted it.

GSP would literally beat that bum Askren with one arm tied behind his back

Now move along and go cry in your run down favela playboi

<rawsun>

Ouch, I must’ve struck a nerve for you to get personal lol.

So you’re just a thin skinned GSP fan who can’t take any criticism on your crush and puts down every other fighter who threatens his standing?

Again, I ask:

1. Besides the “Hurr Durr GSP one arm behind his back” screeching, WHAT does Askrens match with Maia have to do with him vs GSP? Are you saying GSP>Maia on the ground?

2. Why is Fedor a can?

Please keep your fragile emotions in check and come up with a remotely coherent response.

<GSPWoah>

Fedor is definitely a great fighter at his prime. I don't know if he's GOAT, I don't know if anyone is. It's a very subjective to figure out who the GOAT is. But Fedor definitely is in my MT Rushmore of MMA fighters. Including GSP, Jones and Anderson Silva.

Ouch, I must’ve struck a nerve for you to get personal lol.

So you’re just a thin skinned GSP fan who can’t take any criticism on your crush and puts down every other fighter who threatens his standing?

Again, I ask:

1. Besides the “Hurr Durr GSP one arm behind his back” screeching, WHAT does Askrens match with Maia have to do with him vs GSP? Are you saying GSP>Maia on the ground?

2. Why is Fedor a can?

Please keep your fragile emotions in check and come up with a remotely coherent response.

<GSPWoah>
1. Hell yes

GSP could hold Maia down for 5 rounds and Demian wouldn't or couldn't do shit about it
2. Because he's lost multiple times to cans

Only cans consistently lose to cans like Mitrione and Brawldonado lmao

This thread is foolish with foolish responses. He was the GOAT of his era. There is no question mark here.

Just like Anderson Silva was the goat of his era, and one day someone will take Jones' place as goat of his.

Fedor the can crusher.

Fedor is most definitely not the HW GOAT.

He fought the best guys in PRIDE, as it had the best HW division of the time.

Big Nog was considered #2 in Pride. Mir beat him twice. Cain KOd him quickly. I could go on. Not to mention Fedor in his prime loss to Werdum, Big Foot, and Hendo.

Your argument is fucking retarded, as is that of every UFC dick sucking shill.

Irony and hypocrisy at its best :))

There are dozens and dozens of fighters who have called Fedor the GOAT.
Their opinions >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> yours

Says who???? You??
The ole cli-che "ignorance is bliss" has never fit better :))

What does Askrens fight with Maia have to do with him vs GSP?

Oh yeah, Askren is a “can” just like Fedor... I’m surprised you’re not calling GSP a can for tapping to strikes from bloated LW Matt Serra.

LOL you come off as the new casual who compensates for lack of knowledge on the sport by putting down everything you weren’t around for.
<JonesLaugh>
Lol. I was around when the sport was only available on VHS

Fedor is praised for his run until 2009.

Who else was there in the UFC until that year: Mir, Tim, Randy, Andrei?
Actually the reason I mention Cain and JDS is because they were both fighting at the time

1. Hell yes

GSP could hold Maia down for 5 rounds and Demian wouldn't or couldn't do shit about it
2. Because he's lost multiple times to cans

Only cans consistently lose to cans like Mitrione and Brawldonado lmao

So according to you:

- GSP > Maia on the ground

- Fedor getting slept late in his career after nearly 3 decades of combined wear n tear from MMA and Combat Sambo makes him a can...

Join Date checks out.

<36>

Back