Fighters giving up MMA too early

All aboard the Brooooo train. Matt Riddle beat Jones in wrestling and was cut over smoking weed. He’s now an A-level juiced up heavyweight athlete in the WWE.

He never wrestled Jones in that tournament, I remember seeing the brackets once and they were on other sides

All aboard the Brooooo train. Matt Riddle beat Jones in wrestling and was cut over smoking weed. He’s now an A-level juiced up heavyweight athlete in the WWE.

Holy shit! Had to google him and i gotta tell you..

Steroids are for real!

dan-hardy-696x392.jpg

But I love him as a commentator & analyst.

Nick Diaz
TJ Grant
Michael McDonald
170 GSP - Really wanted to see Woodley & Lawler matchups
I'm from Nova Scotia, TJ Grant was my favorite fighter not just because he's from N.S. but because he was an aggressive beast. The TJ Grant story breaks my heart, I miss him greatly.

I had the discs between c5, c6, and c7 replaced and it was a miracle, completely pain free since.
Wow, great to hear! Are you in any ways limited in physical activity tho? Like hard sparring / heavy lifting allowed or not?

Conor

Twice

When in reality we deserve to watch him lose a few more times

dan-hardy-696x392.jpg

But I love him as a commentator & analyst.
Wasn't Dan forced to retire?
I belive it was a hear issue, and doctors said he shouldn't compete, despite Dan saying he never had problems.

Tj Grant and Arona had great fights left in them....

David Terrell and Ricardo Arona are the two big ones that jump out to me. Both were top level guys in the divisions when they decided not to fight again and could have had like 10+ years left in MMA.

I think both just decided to focus on teaching BJJ.

No one puts Ronda after her 8 fight career in the UFC?

With a sport like MMA, I don't think it's possible to give it up too early.

If you're not 100% in, and you can only assume those guys weren't because they chose not to fight, then you shouldn't be in MMA.

If they're hearts weren't in it, all they did was save themselves from further brain trauma by leaving imo.

TJ Grant. Had a title shot, got a nasty concussion in training. Retired for good. Sad.

He never wrestled Jones in that tournament, I remember seeing the brackets once and they were on other sides

Well Riddle beat the guy who Jones lost to, so MMA math = Riddle > Jones

Back