Fighters who you like that aren't/weren't very good

Minowa is one of my favorite fighters of all time but he's not high caliber on a world scale. Don't get smashing big, dumb, Gaijin confused with being high caliber. His submission game was the shit and he had the biggest balls in MMA but he was never even slightly close to a belt.
U can be good but not a perennial contender. All about politics sometimes, or momentum, or timeline.

Nick Diaz. Ya, I went there. Seriously though, one of my old school favorites. But, was he ever that good? I'd say slightly above average.
So I guess Lawler too wasnt that good...

masakazu-imanari.jpg

ikuhisa-minowa.jpg

genkiFTW.jpg

These 3 were so entertaining to watch but weren't real high caliber fighters.
yello.png

He is probably my favorite HW fighter but I wouldn't say he was ever that good. Amazing fighter but has been more of a gatekeeper than anything else - in MMA that is.
If you´re a gatekeeper, means u were once a potential contender. Hard to be not good...

Minowa is one of my favorite fighters of all time but he's not high caliber on a world scale. Don't get smashing big, dumb, Gaijin confused with being high caliber. His submission game was the shit and he had the biggest balls in MMA but he was never even slightly close to a belt.

Tons of high caliber fighters who won’t ever get a belt....... how is that relevent?

Bruce Leeroy
Kimbo
Mike Perry
Sam Alvey
Jason High
Amir Sadallah
I don’t know what not very good means or what definition you want, but there’s a few.

Huerta, previously Stephens (he's really evolved), really anyone that worships the just bleed god.

So I guess Lawler too wasnt that good...
Back then, no. He definitely had s resurgence though. And against top competition. I feel like Nicks hot streak was against guys that were not elite.

A few people that have already been mentioned. Struve, "Bruce Leeroy," Mayhem, Lauzon.

Also, Cole Miller.

Amir sadollah. I was very much on his hype train after his amazing tuf run. Boy he disappointed. But i always rooted for hin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back